Fixture 2023 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Having all vic teams play each other in round 1, while it sucks, makes sense commercially.

What doesn’t make sense is the yearly Carlton/Richmond snoozefest. If you need a big game at the MCG, at least it the two highest ranking “big” vic clubs.

Having all vic teams play each other in round 1, while it sucks, makes sense commercially.

What doesn’t make sense is the yearly Carlton/Richmond snoozefest. If you need a big game at the MCG, at least it the two highest ranking “big” vic clubs.
The two dead victorian teams play gws and west coast

Port V an interstate club round 1 seems a lock every year

Need to feed those "huuuge" vic match ups before they turn into dead rubbers
There are 16 interstate clubs and 1 intrastate club. So, it's that or a showdown in rd 1. Not sure I get your point.

Thursday, March 16
Richmond v Carlton, MCG, 7.20pm AEDT, Seven

Friday, March 17
Geelong v Collingwood, MCG, 7.40pm AEDT, Seven

Saturday, March 18
North Melbourne v West Coast, Marvel Stadium, 1.45pm AEDT, Fox
Port Adelaide v Brisbane, Adelaide Oval, 4.05pm ACDT, Fox
Melbourne v Western Bulldogs, MCG, 7.25pm AEDT, Seven
Gold Coast v Sydney, Metricon Stadium, 7.00pm AEST, Fox

Sunday, March 19
Greater Western Sydney v Adelaide, Giants Stadium, 1.10pm AEDT, Fox
Hawthorn v Essendon, MCG, 3.20pm AEDT, Seven
St Kilda v Fremantle, Marvel Stadium, 4.40pm AEDT, Fox

Love a Sat twilight game.

Thursday, March 16
Richmond v Carlton, MCG, 7.20pm AEDT, Seven

Friday, March 17
Geelong v Collingwood, MCG, 7.40pm AEDT, Seven

Saturday, March 18
North Melbourne v West Coast, Marvel Stadium, 1.45pm AEDT, Fox
Port Adelaide v Brisbane, Adelaide Oval, 4.05pm ACDT, Fox
Melbourne v Western Bulldogs, MCG, 7.25pm AEDT, Seven
Gold Coast v Sydney, Metricon Stadium, 7.00pm AEST, Fox

Sunday, March 19
Greater Western Sydney v Adelaide, Giants Stadium, 1.10pm AEDT, Fox
Hawthorn v Essendon, MCG, 3.20pm AEDT, Seven
St Kilda v Fremantle, Marvel Stadium, 4.40pm AEDT, Fox

At home and not Sunday twilight against GWS, GC, Freo, Saints or Bulldogs. I’m confused.

The corrupt MCG Contract dictates this stuff. They have their 5 or 6 stand alone mockbusters, but they jam in as many Victorian derbies as they can early to make sure they easily fulfill their insane "10 of the top 12 highest drawing games must be played at the MCG" quota. It safe guards them in years when some or all the mythical VFL Big 4 are shit but in reality gives the over rated concrete bowl more love than it deserves. Gil and Dan fellate each other whilst Eddie stands there tugging his 3 inch chode with the speed of a hummingbird.

In past opening rounds I would wholeheartedly agree, but this shapes to be a very good game even for the neutral observer. Barring a bad run with injuries, both these teams will challenge for the Top 4 next year.

Great test first up, in what will likely be the strongest Lions team (at least on paper) since their 2001-2003 Premiership era. It would be a massive boost to our confidence knock them over early & start our season off on the right note.

Best part of the opening round fixture is easily the Crows playing away, considering their number 1 fixture request was apparently to play that game at home. Nice little kick to the crotch early on.

Glad we finally get a home game to open a season, should be a big test which could be an indicator on what the season will pan out. If we get thrashed, then hope it'll seal stinkley's exit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the fixture comes out I like to rank its degree of difficulty. This year we start very mid table. My tiers of difficulty are:

Top Tier: Brisbane, Geelong, Melbourne, Richmond= -1 (H); -2 (A)
2nd Tier: W.Bulldogs, Sydney, Collingwood, Fremantle = 0 (H); -1 (A)

Mid Tier: Port Carlton = +1 (H); -1 (A)

4th Tier: St.Kilda, GC, Essendon, Adelaide= +1 (H); 0 (A)
5th Tier: GWS, Hawthorn, WCE, North= +2 (H); +1 (A)

Any score in the positive is an easy draw- the higher the easier. Any score in the negative is a difficult draw. The lower, the harder.

I checked my tiers against Betfair. They have Sydney not Brisbane in the top tier; Port and Carlton not Bulldogs and Fremantle in the second tier. Otherwise the tiers are the same. I prefer my tiers.
As at R1, our draw scores a -1. Tough start.

Nice to play this mob at home for a change.. looking fwd to ya smashing the crap out of them and making a statement..

They have owned us for long enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixture 2023 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back