2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 46 First Semi Final India v New Zealand 15/11 1900hrs @ Wankhede Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Just about knackered already, might be time for zzzzs.
I slept during the Indian innings

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

Yes, if bowling at night is a big advantage, absolutely.
Let’s be real here the Australian bowlers could have a swinging pink ball in the conditions they rolled india for like 40 and they still couldn’t get a wicket this World Cup. Bowl second and you’ll see starc give away runs in the power play and zampa get smacked in the middle overs

This is a joke.

It's not good for ODIs as a contest when it is so much harder to bat under lights than during the day.

This is why ODI World Cups in England are fairer contests as they don't play day night games, they are all day games.

This isn't a fair contest.

We basically lost the game at the toss.
D/N results, batting first. Top three the same top three as the final table.

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 13.42.58.png

Day/Nights results batting second. Top six from the same group of six teams, but in a bit of a different order.

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 13.45.00.png

It's almost like the best teams win more often, no matter if they bat or bowl first.

NZ are a clear fourth best team at this world cup, coming up against an exceptionally good Indian team. You were never better than a 4/1 shot, regardless of toss, conditions etc.

The only way India were not winning this world cup was if they had a completely off-day in either the semi final or final.

Let’s be real here the Australian bowlers could have a swinging pink ball in the conditions they rolled india for like 40 and they still couldn’t get a wicket this World Cup. Bowl second and you’ll see starc give away runs in the power play and zampa get smacked in the middle overs

Starc would be odds on for 30 plus wides

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was his highest average chasing. Something ridiculous

Correct lol

Either way you are boned but he only averages like 40 odd batting first

If it’s really swinging it just means we concede more extras not that we would take any wickets lol. Swing is mostly conditions but you still have to be accurate which we are not

Yep doesn’t help when we don’t have any swing bowlers really anyway

NZ weren’t a realistic chance anyway on every line India was always going to outplay them.

Only two sides that might trouble india play tomorrow and it’s a big IF.

I’d be shocked if India don’t win the final easily

India have been the best team in this tournament but they got a massive leg up by winning the toss today.

Batting conditions are much harder under lights here than batting first, I doubt Australia or South Africa would be doing much better here.

World Cup ODI semi finals or finals shouldn't be decided by the toss.
What should they be decided by then?

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 46 First Semi Final India v New Zealand 15/11 1900hrs @ Wankhede Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back