2023 Membership Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Gold doesn't really mean much unless for Grand Final.

Buying tickets for the next rounds is a nightmare. I only wanted 2.

Waiting 40 mins then only offered level 4, I kept rejecting then finally got lower level for Melb game.

Then trying for Adelaide, first message I received was sold out! It's a joke.

AFL multi million organisation and the ticketing system is a joke.
I don’t get the attraction of an AFL membership when the Pies higher end membership will get you a better seat and guaranteed ticket if we play in the GF

Hi could anyone help me. I just purchased a 4 flexi membership. And it’s given me 4 tickets for each of our remaining home games. Can I use all 4 for 4 home games or if I use all 4 in one game, then my membership is up? Thanks

Hi could anyone help me. I just purchased a 4 flexi membership. And it’s given me 4 tickets for each of our remaining home games. Can I use all 4 for 4 home games or if I use all 4 in one game, then my membership is up? Thanks

Yep, you can use 1 at a time or distribute some to your friends, until 4 barcodes are used.
The process is a bit dodgy on the app, so allow some time before the game to try to get it done.

As a 34 year AFL member no point in giving it up now and these other memberships weren't available then.

Can GA members still get in on Sunday if they get there early? As the game wasn't fully ticketed

I don’t get the attraction of an AFL membership when the Pies higher end membership will get you a better seat and guaranteed ticket if we play in the GF
Save $$ and get access to games not involving Collingwood.

Really weird how the league offers a membership that competes and undercuts possible club revenue.

Collingwood would be in a much better position if all the AFL members with Collingwood club support actually just took up a Collingwood membership.

Last edited:
Doing a search for our membership numbers and couldn't find anything up to date. Just this thread on BF.

Last year we hit 100,000 now it seems 90,000. Not sure how accurate it is.

Really weird how the league offers a membership that competes and undercuts possible club revenue.

Collingwood would be in a much better position if all the AFL members with Collingwood club support actually just took up a Collingwood membership.
Also save quite a lot of $$$ when attending finals' matches involving Collingwood.

I assume that should be fine. The GA areas wont know until the day before.

And from experience how early would you have to be at Marvel to get a good spot for 4ppl sitting together. We’ve got 4 game memberships this year (don’t judge, young kids so no time haha) and got GA tix for the game.

And from experience how early would you have to be at Marvel to get a good spot for 4ppl sitting together. We’ve got 4 game memberships this year (don’t judge, young kids so no time haha) and got GA tix for the game.
I've never had a GA membership, so not sure. But maybe when the gates open? which is 1:45

The sections will be up here on saturday

It is weird, but I presume is the end result of the VFL Park membership evolving into AFL membership when the grand final was stopped from moving to Waverley in 1984.
If my understanding of events is correct, AFL membership should have been phased out over the last 30 years as people dropped out, like me, or died off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I miss out on Melb v Collingwood tix? I have Season Ticket GA membership and just heard King's Birthday has sold out, so I assume that means its fully-ticketed and my GA won't work - even though it still comes up on the Collingwood app showing that I do have a ticket.

So confused how this works as it wasn't announced/emailed to me that I should have to buy a reserved seat until the very moment I heard it was sold out, and not sure how far in advance I was meant to buy these (given its still a couple weeks away I thought I'd have time).

Thanks for any clarification :)

Collingwood would be in a much position of all the AFL members with Collingwood club support actually just took up a Collingwood membership.
Did I miss out on Melb v Collingwood tix? I have Season Ticket GA membership and just heard King's Birthday has sold out, so I assume that means its fully-ticketed and my GA won't work - even though it still comes up on the Collingwood app showing that I do have a ticket.

So confused how this works as it wasn't announced/emailed to me that I should have to buy a reserved seat until the very moment I heard it was sold out, and not sure how far in advance I was meant to buy these (given its still a couple weeks away I thought I'd have time).

Thanks for any clarification :)
The GA game memberships just give you access to the game if it’s not sold out so if you didn’t reserve a seat for King’s Burthday you’ve missed out I believe.

The GA game memberships just give you access to the game if it’s not sold out so if you didn’t reserve a seat for King’s Burthday you’ve missed out I believe.
Feel like it's a bit of a rip off that it doesn't automatically upgrade to a reserved seat in GA bay if the game has been designated sold out or fully ticketed - how am I supposed to know a game is supposed to sell out when it hasn't previously been (obviously big games Blues, Bombers are just expected) but I bought this thinking I would at least get a heads up to reserve my seat before non-members take all the seats such as when playing non Big 4 Vic clubs.

Like should I be buying a reserved seat for a game 12 weeks from now in case it sells out? Feel like that defeats the point of convenience having a membership is, not to mention the extra fee for booking it

Feel like it's a bit of a rip off that it doesn't automatically upgrade to a reserved seat in GA bay if the game has been designated sold out or fully ticketed - how am I supposed to know a game is supposed to sell out when it hasn't previously been (obviously big games Blues, Bombers are just expected) but I bought this thinking I would at least get a heads up to reserve my seat before non-members take all the seats such as when playing non Big 4 Vic clubs.

Like should I be buying a reserved seat for a game 12 weeks from now in case it sells out? Feel like that defeats the point of convenience having a membership is, not to mention the extra fee for booking it
Keep an eye out as people put tickets back into the pool if they decide they don't want to attend.

I'm planning to go over to Adelaide for the Port game. I have a legends membership. Is there any discount or way to get seated with other Pies fans at the game or is it just completely random in terms of seating?
Also, anyone know when the tickets go on sale?

Doing a search for our membership numbers and couldn't find anything up to date. Just this thread on BF.

Last year we hit 100,000 now it seems 90,000. Not sure how accurate it is.
I was told it was 95,000 as of last week, but not sure if the figure is correct or not.

Upgraded my membership to GA all games earlier in the week. Can't even get a ticket this week. If anyone can spare q couple of tickets, happy to buy them, and I can take my daughter to rusty's 300th 👍
Looks like there’s plenty of tickets available on the ticketek website. What makes you think it’s sold out?

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 Membership Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back