2023 Membership Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

This is for AFL members. Not sure I believe them as I have friends that are AFL members for other clubs and they got their pack in February.

Normally we receive something from the club as Club Support member but this year nothing so I wrote to the club and this is their reply.

Thank you for your enquiry, and for your patience. We are working through a high volume of emails at the moment.

Unfortunately, there was a league-wide issue with AFL Club Support membership packs. In short, there was a technical issue that was preventing the necessary data from flowing from the AFL Membership Services' database into club databases.

The AFL's technical team worked on this issue as a priority, and have now been able to resolve the issue.

We will be including all delayed AFL club support memberships in the next file sent to the mailhouse for processing.

Thank you for your patience here.
Really? other clubs got their pack in Feb!?!?!

GRRRR!!!! Not happy Jan!

(sorry this might be mentioned in the thread somewhere already. I had posted the same in the Membership thread.)

OMG!!! A MEMBERSHIP CAP IS NOW A F**KING "ADD-ON". WHAT!....THE!..... F.U.C.K!!!

(I'm going to f***king vent now on how disappointed I am with the membership dept of our club)

I'm an AFL Gold member with club support, of which previously was a direct member. It's been 19 yrs of continual membership, which doesn't include the days back in the 80's being a kid when my Dad paid for me and going to games. Being 54 years old (this year), it's easy over 25 yrs of membership to the Collingwood Football. I am also an AFLW member too. My daughter is a member and I signed her up on the day she was born 7yrs ago.

I mention this purely to give weight to my opinion and feeling of how disgusted I am with whoever / or dept made the call NOT to supply a membership cap with my membership ... and is now an "add-on". WTF!?! The length of my membership shouldn't, I might add, give me any more rights to being disgusted than if you're 1 yr member or a 1000 yr member in the same boat. We should all be disgusted!!!

There was a delay in receiving this years club support membership pack. I only just received it! The club blamed the AFL for this, which they said something about the AFL not passing on the AFL member details to the club. I have no f***king clue how hard this can be, as I'm an auto top up each year so whilst extremely disappointed in the delay ... coz it's now Round f**king 4!!!! ..... I just had to suck it up. Whether it was the AFL, Collingwood or TicketMaster (coz they host the membership) that was the issue, I'll never know.

BUT NOW, HAVING FINALLY RECEIVED MY PACK AND THERE'S NO CAP, I AM F**KING FUMING!!!!! THIS PART I DO KNOW.

I rang the club and spoke to customer support who advised of the change. Ironically I was at Vic Park having a kick when they called back. I will email the club with my disappointment, to which I will reference this forum thread.

I would appreciate a thumbs up in acknowledgement to this post, if you believe this is wrong, so the club can see the weight of numbers that this is unfair and disrespectful, to all members. IMO ALL MEMBERSHIPS SHOULD BE PROVIDED AT A MINIMUM A CLUB MEMBERSHIP CAP. Please provide suitable comments if you feel like.

I do not care for the scarf, stickers, sew on badge of YOS being a member, or lanyard to card they don't even provide (unless requested). I ONLY CARE FOR WEARING MY CAP EACH AND EVERY F***KING YEAR!!! It's my badge of honour and privilege to wear it. It's a proud promotion and I love seeing other members at a glance when I go to games. It's my choice to pay for a membership, and in my eyes it doesn't make me a "better" supporter, but, I do expect a common membership item in getting a simple cap that the membership should cover the cost of.

I cannot recall seeing any notification to advise of the change. The customer support person, could also not verify of any communications being sent out. Please note I even filled out the club's membership feedback last year, that they should make it optional for all the items I don't want as it's a waste. I just want my cap which should be right of every paid member at a mimimum. I'd gladly just pick it up from the game like we used to do prior to the pandemic if they want to save on postage.

Thanks for your time if you read this far.

Appreciate any support and thoughts?

I don't know much about AFL membership but I am a Collingwood (Interstate) member and I got the cap, the scarf, years of membership badge, membership card and a few other items in my membership pack. I don't think I had to pay extra - paid through automatic renewal.

What would be the advantage of getting an AFL membership over a club membership?

For those that own one are these jackets waterproof/repellent? Does past history suggest more stock will be released?

ISC produced lightweight waterproof jackets and I own one. Has Nike been producing the equivalent in men's sizes as I only see a women's sizing on the club website?

I am so over the AFL!!!!

Tried to get tickets for the North game and my barcode was rejected. Am paid in full and have purchased tickets for games this year with the same barcode.

Lucky I have the barcode of my daughter (also paid in full) who is a full member and will use that for booking the MCG games today, fingers crossed.

Jeez the Ticketek website is rubbish today, trying to get my $0 member tickets, finally got through queue and then press "unlock tickets" nothing happens.......refresh, slowly loads again, "unlock tickets".... "sorry, your session has timed out"

Jeez the Ticketek website is rubbish today, trying to get my $0 member tickets, finally got through queue and then press "unlock tickets" nothing happens.......refresh, slowly loads again, "unlock tickets".... "sorry, your session has timed out"
I have just spent 58 minutes to get tickets for next four games, kept timing me out and also telling me only single tickets for GWS game.

AFL has to do better, it is a joke.

Previously we were able to buy a block of tickets for games with our membership but they don't do that anymore.

I have just spent 58 minutes to get tickets for next four games, kept timing me out and also telling me only single tickets for GWS game.

AFL has to do better, it is a joke.

Previously we were able to buy a block of tickets for games with our membership but they don't do that anymore.

Yep, I couldn't get 3 tix for Carlton - settled on 2 but when I go on now, I can get 3

Disgraceful

The trick is to wait for them to open up the next bay. What I've discovered is Bay 13 is the first one to open.

So like a goose I booked row S, which I didn't actually want as I want row Z which is undercover. That's for the Swans game. I reckon I might try to get there early and find the non-reserved Level 4 seats.

Then same thing with the Giants game, it offered me bay 13. Some in the front and some in the back, but none around row Z. So I waited a few hours and now at 5:30pm the ticketek website is working properly and it now offered me bay 12.

So the trick is, if it's bay 13, you still have plenty of opportunity when they open up bay 12 and bay 11 after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm currently a legends member seated in the ponsford stand. I have some friends going to the GWS game in the Olympic stand, am I able to go to the Olympic stand to visit them?

I know that the AFL member and MCC areas split up the ground so you can't walk directly through to the other side. Will my legends membership allow me to enter one of the gates to get into the Olympic stand or is there another way to get over there?

I'm currently a legends member seated in the ponsford stand. I have some friends going to the GWS game in the Olympic stand, am I able to go to the Olympic stand to visit them?

I know that the AFL member and MCC areas split up the ground so you can't walk directly through to the other side. Will my legends membership allow me to enter one of the gates to get into the Olympic stand or is there another way to get over there?

You can get from the Ponsford to the Olympic, just go to the top level and there will be a small door and some stairs that lead to a walkway that takes you behind the MCC to the other side. Ask someone if you're having trouble but there is definitely a way through.

You can get from the Ponsford to the Olympic, just go to the top level and there will be a small door and some stairs that lead to a walkway that takes you behind the MCC to the other side. Ask someone if you're having trouble but there is definitely a way through.
Thanks mate that's really helpful

Is there a way to walk directly from the Southern Stand to the Ponsford Stand (crossing the AFL members) without leaving the ground?

Is there a way to walk directly from the Southern Stand to the Ponsford Stand (crossing the AFL members) without leaving the ground?
I couldn’t find one the other week, but you can go the opposite direction and cross behind the MCC on level 4.

Yeah, I saw the signage for the walk through to the Olympic from the Ponsford also. Annoying and strange that they don’t have one.
It’s also annoying that the only pass over is on the top level. I had to go up 4 levels & back down the other day.

It’s also annoying that the only pass over is on the top level. I had to go up 4 levels & back down the other day.
Do you know if when my ticket for away games is in the Ponsford Stand, will I be able to scan in at the gates for the Shane Warne Stand? Or will it only work if I do it in the Ponsford?

Do you know if when my ticket for away games is in the Ponsford Stand, will I be able to scan in at the gates for the Shane Warne Stand? Or will it only work if I do it in the Ponsford?
Same issue I had with tickets in different areas, unfortunately they’ll only scan properly at the gate written on the ticket.

AFL Gold doesn't really mean much unless for Grand Final.

Buying tickets for the next rounds is a nightmare. I only wanted 2.

Waiting 40 mins then only offered level 4, I kept rejecting then finally got lower level for Melb game.

Then trying for Adelaide, first message I received was sold out! It's a joke.

AFL multi million organisation and the ticketing system is a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 Membership Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back