MRP / Trib. 2023 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed for Mots given the opponent this week.

Not unexpected.

Can challenge it but I'd personally cop this one on the chin.

Mots was off the boil yesterday and if not for our game in Perth might have considered a rest for him regardless.

But it is an almost picture perfect example of what they don't want even if the Saints player sold it more than he should have.

And apparently if I recall, BT actually said there was nothing in it and the Aint's player moved his own head to the ground to get the free kick. I mean BT... right.

At this point if BT says it's all clear I have more reason than not to believe the player is screwed. He genuinely gets it wrong more than any other commentator.

Well this one is interesting.

Not even cited.

Gov sling tackled & his head hits the ground & he was also punched in the face.

Michael Christian needs to be eradicated.

My local football league went through this last year, where anything remotely resembling a dangerous tackle was an instant card.
So the AFL is following and overreacting, and no doubt reasonableness will follow later in the season.
Ps. We were getting cases where players were angling their heads towards the ground, like the saints player did, just to try and get players sent off. Nothing like risking a concussion to try and get an advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well this one is interesting.

Not even cited. o_O

Gov sling tackled & his head hits the ground & he was also punched in the face.

Yep where’s the striking charge for Crouch and seriously the club need to appeal and show the Mitch McGovern thing over and over and ask the AFL for a plausible explanation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s interesting, given the size differential, that Motlop was able to lay that tackle. I mean the St Kilda player looks up immediately asking for a free kick.

I was fearful when this part of the game was highlighted that it would be open to exploitation. I can’t believe that some players think it’s smart to flop and risk injury. I saw it last season and it seems to be worse this year.

Challenge it.

I can’t believe that some players think it’s smart to flop and risk injury. I saw it last season and it seems to be worse this year.

Fastest way to try and eliminate this aspect of the game is to implement fines for doing so. Lots of wannabe actors in the AFL. Hurting them in the hip pocket will make them rethink themselves.

And yes, we're not void of this at our club either.

Fastest way to try and eliminate this aspect of the game is to implement fines for doing so. Lots of wannabe actors in the AFL. Hurting them in the hip pocket will make them rethink themselves.

And yes, we're not void of this at our club either.
AFLPA won’t let the fines be big enough to matter - avg salary is $400k they DGAF about $2k, make it 5% of their salary it will stop it in a week & be fair to all as it’s a sliding scale ($5k for lowest paid players- $60k for the top).
If they are all serious, quit ****ing around about it

AFLPA won’t let the fines be big enough to matter - avg salary is $400k they DGAF about $2k, make it 5% of their salary it will stop it in a week & be fair to all as it’s a sliding scale ($5k for lowest paid players- $60k for the top).
If they are all serious, quit ******* around about it

Introduce a 3 strike policy with it then. First fine smaller than the second, then on the third and subsequent occasion it's a one week suspension.

If you played for a team with finals on the line you wouldn't dare flop.

If they are all serious, quit ******* around about it
The stigma of being fined for faking is a much bigger penalty than whatever the dollar amount is.

I'm all for protecting the head and if Mots gets the week then so be it. I struggle to see much difference between what Jesse did and what happened to Gov, and that is beyond frustrating and confusing. The inconsistent outcomes are a joke, having a 3 person panel instead of 1 MRO would go a long way to fixing most inconsistencies. It would also nice if the 3 people weren't flogs like Christian.

The more I watch it the less dangerous it looks. In fact, you can actually see jesse ease him onto the ground as well.

The slinging action is bad, and I agree with the AFL trying to eliminate that action, but the force was so low.
We'd have somewhat of a chance if we challenged.
I feel like Howard put some mayo on that though and he lands on his shoulder. What’s the difference with this one and Oliver’s?

Part of the problem is the umpires not blowing the whistle quick enough. They need to blow the ball up or free kick as soon as the tackle is made. As it is they wait 3-4 seconds to see if the ball pops loose which causes ensuing struggle and these actions in the tackle.

Penalise the action sure but they could be doing a lot more to prevent it.

I'm all for protecting the head and if Mots gets the week then so be it. I struggle to see much difference between what Jesse did and what happened to Gov, and that is beyond frustrating and confusing.
I'm guessing in context the difference would be clear if the full tackle was displayed for each, which is why we're only seeing the final moments in those GIFs

Yep where’s the striking charge for Crouch and seriously the club need to appeal and show the Mitch McGovern thing over and over and ask the AFL for a plausible explanation
Brayshaw from Freo went the sook against the Dogs in the last quarter. Cracked Weightman and he had to leave the field due to blood rule and he also smashed a Dogs player in the final couple of minutes when he was second to the ball

Haven't heard a thing!
Both head hits and blatantly intentional

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back