Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

My picks when we were on the clock. 4 out of 5. Wrong ruck.

Colby McKercher
Zane Durrsma
Mitchell Edwards
Will Dawson
Riley Hardeman

I'm happy. If only we got Wilson though.

I picked our top 5 in the b&f in correct order to.

Attachments

• 1700475818219.png
    1700475818219.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 80

Well it’s why you need to back the recruiters rather then getting emotional after watching a 2 min highlights package. He’s clearly got red flags, which the highlights package doesn’t reflect,
Are you saying there is more to recruiting than just counting up the votes of the BF posters and drafting accordingly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herald SunFox FootyTwomeyESPNThe Age
KerchKerchKerchKerchKerch
DuursDuursDuursDuursDuurs
DawsonEdwardsDeMattiaHardemanDeMattia
CollardHardemanHardemanGreenGreen
SchoenmakerDawsonEdwardsZakostelskyDawson

Number of phantom draft links to NM:

5x - Kerch, Duurs
4x - n/a
3x - Hardeman, Dawson
2x - DeMattia, Green, Edwards
1x - Schoenmaker, Collard, Zakostelsky

So for those of us in the Curtin cheer squad, I think at this stage we've gotta accept its only a very outside chance we get our man.

With Dawson and Hardeman shaping up as the most likely among the end of first rounders, it'll be interesting to see whether the club opts to service a different position with the third pick.

With that in mind, I'm a bit surprised at how little representation Collard has had, given that "forward pressure" has been one of the key recurring themes of our needs.

Its also interesting that rucks feature in four out of the five phantom drafts. Has Clarko ever taken a ruck in the first round before?
So to doff me cap at the pundits, 4 of the 5 selections were evident from phantom drafts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back