Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is and remains a real sore point for me. I am limited with what I can say about how this deal slid away from us, but I can say that post-election, we did talk to the Libs (in person), and they were certainly open to the possibility of reinstating the offer. They understood the electoral advantage in building a stadium, but due to factors beyond my control, the Club did not seize the moment. It became one of a number of factors that lead to my eventual departure from the Club. By the time the ALP was back in power, North had firmed up its commitment to Hobart (and probably did not see the opportunity that I felt Ballarat could be). Peter Gordon from the Bulldogs saw that opportunity for what it was and was able to pick up where we left off - the rest is history. In a subsequent phone call, Peter "thanked" me for having pushed the concept of AFL games in Ballarat. That annoyed me no end!
We can add that 'thank you' to the vast vat of thanks we get for Friday night football.

Sounds like he is our guy
He’s from the Koroit factory down here…a lot of locals connected to the club are keen to see where he goes ….
Tough as nails and runs all day …
My boss is hoping like heck he gets to the tigers….

This is and remains a real sore point for me. I am limited with what I can say about how this deal slid away from us, but I can say that post-election, we did talk to the Libs (in person), and they were certainly open to the possibility of reinstating the offer. They understood the electoral advantage in building a stadium, but due to factors beyond my control, the Club did not seize the moment. It became one of a number of factors that lead to my eventual departure from the Club. By the time the ALP was back in power, North had firmed up its commitment to Hobart (and probably did not see the opportunity that I felt Ballarat could be). Peter Gordon from the Bulldogs saw that opportunity for what it was and was able to pick up where we left off - the rest is history. In a subsequent phone call, Peter "thanked" me for having pushed the concept of AFL games in Ballarat. That annoyed me no end!

A sliding doors moment!!

What do you see now? Any untapped options? Bendigo? A Ballarat derby?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back