LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.15 PM ON 1/1: Green Bay at Minnesota

LIVE ON watchESPN AT 5:00 AM on 1/1: NFL RedZone

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA
less 1 hour QLD
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

Last edited:
I had the game muted as I watched the wrestling.

Was he announced as eligible or not? Seems like a pretty clearcut decision to me - reporting as eligible is only half of your requirement, you also have to hear yourself announced as eligible don't you?

Depends if you follow Philly i suppose!

This forum is dominated by you guys sooking every week regardless of what happens.

Puts most neutrals off discussing things cause your s**t fights just move from this thread to your own team thread. 🤣🤦‍♀️

Also doesn’t matter what team you support as a Philly fan is coming for you on here wether you praise the Eagles or criticize them. It is totally crazy! 🤷‍♀️🤣

Happy New Years eve all anyway. 🍻🍻

Ahh, the voice of the neutral fan Chism. The only fan base that posts is the problem with the board.

Will admit though, it has been sad watching the Cowboys thread whittle away into nothingness as your spirits were completely broken over the last few years.

I mean, does this happen all the time during the game and they just ignore it?
If you mean, does an ineligible player report as eligible? Then yes - it happens many times a game

The difference here from when it normally happens are:
  • the LT was the one reporting as eligible. Usually its the extra OL coming on to the field that reports as eligible, not someone that was already there
  • it was a pass play - usually you have extra OL on the field for a short yardage run play
  • because of the way they lined up, the line was "unbalanced" in that there was only 1 ineligible play to the left of the Center and 3 to the right (usually there's 2 on each side)
  • the guy that reported eligible caught the ball

Was a short presser less than 5 minutes but if one of those journos had of pushed it he would have speared them into oblivion

View attachment 1880041
I thought it was about to kick off when a journo asked him about the decision to still go for 2 after getting backed up

If you mean, does an ineligible player report as eligible? Then yes - it happens many times a game

The difference here from when it normally happens are:
  • the LT was the one reporting as eligible. Usually its the extra OL coming on to the field that reports as eligible, not someone that was already there
  • it was a pass play - usually you have extra OL on the field for a short yardage run play
  • because of the way they lined up, the line was "unbalanced" in that there was only 1 ineligible play to the left of the Center and 3 to the right (usually there's 2 on each side)
  • the guy that reported eligible caught the ball

So it was a perfect storm for a misunderstanding?

If you're not sure they heard, espcially when the clock is stopped, then make sure
You’re right. He should have brought balloons with him for a color reveal. That way we cover all bases in case he’s deaf and blind.

Decker was face to face with the ref FFS.

Ahh, the voice of the neutral fan Chism. The only fan base that posts is the problem with the board.

Will admit though, it has been sad watching the Cowboys thread whittle away into nothingness as your spirits were completely broken over the last few years.
Ha!!!

If the Cowboys thread was bursting it would only be cause we are 11-5 etc and front runners.

Thread is quiet now and you play the other card up your sleeve to shit on a teams supporters!

It is fascinating viewing the Salt you leak week in week out no matter what happens! 🤣🥳

What's the deal with Dallas play calling inside 2 minutes? Threw the rock 3 times when the Lions only had 2 time-outs
We are coached by a moron thats why.

Gifted the Lions 45 seconds for no reason. 🤮

I had the game muted as I watched the wrestling.

Was he announced as eligible or not? Seems like a pretty clearcut decision to me - reporting as eligible is only half of your requirement, you also have to hear yourself announced as eligible don't you?
No. The rules only state that they have to report to the referee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Lions kicked the FG rather than have a failed 4th and goal they win, If Dallas dont throw 4 incompletions in the final 5 mins the Lions never have the time to get that final TD.

Lions also should of kicked the PAT after the penalty. It was a coaching effort on both sidelines Brandon Staley would be proud of.

If the Lions kicked the FG rather than have a failed 4th and goal they win, If Dallas dont throw 4 incompletions in the final 5 mins the Lions never have the time to get that final TD.

Lions also should of kicked the PAT after the penalty. It was a coaching effort on both sidelines Brandon Staley would be proud of.
Exactly.

Ha!!!

If the Cowboys thread was bursting it would only be cause we are 11-5 etc and front runners.

Thread is quiet now and you play the other card up your sleeve to s**t on a teams supporters!

It is fascinating viewing the Salt you leak week in week out no matter what happens! 🤣🥳

You keep using that word salt, I'm not sure it means what you think that it means.

The fun used to be that you'd get excited and then i could come in after it inevitably collapsed and enjoy the meltdowns. You guys aren't holding up your end of the bargain.

Yeah, Lions were going for it from the seven, that's just asinine. Kick the PAT, get to overtime and regroup.

You can also call the play a sneaky play that was so sneaky it might of even confused the ref since it was a play designed to goto a player who is lined up at LT.

it confused Dallas who were covering what they thought were extra linemen to the right side of the formation.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2023 NFL - Week 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Back