LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.15 PM ON 1/1: Green Bay at Minnesota

LIVE ON watchESPN AT 5:00 AM on 1/1: NFL RedZone

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA
less 1 hour QLD
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

Last edited:

We all saw this coming. He was close 12 months ago and now he is facing 2 NCAA investigations once being the recruiting violation we heard about 12 months ago, the other the cheating scandal that seemingly has been going on for a few years.

Reckon 68 reported but the ref saw 70 running towards him and got his number confused.
Considering Dallas were informed 70 was eligible it should have been a replayed down as the wrong player was reported as eligible but I dunno if they can call that due to ref error?
They kinda did end up with a replay. after the offsides the eventual failed attempt was from the 3.

Ok I get Campbell’s aggression on fourth downs etc. Fake punt worked but going for it from 7yd line was silly. Needs a calm head there. Think they really needed the FG when they were trailing 3-7. Derrick Barnes though …what a shocking attempt at that tackle..why wouldn’t he just wrap his arms around Dak??!

What a shame about the ending as for me it was one of the games of the season.

Would the sport but that much different if they got rid of the eligible and ineligible stuff?

Gone from wanting Ravens to make the superbowl and win it if not facing my 49ers to hope they get bundled out in first round.

Do they not remember why he was run out of the nfl. Next will be Panthers honoring ray carruth or Buffulo honoring OJ.

Agree with your commentary on it.

Way to read the room when they're probably the neutral's pick at this point of the season (if not Detroit I guess.)

Gone from wanting Ravens to make the superbowl and win it if not facing my 49ers to hope they get bundled out in first round.

Do they not remember why he was run out of the nfl. Next will be Panthers honoring ray carruth or Buffulo honoring OJ.

I along with many Ravens fans are livid about that man being anywhere in our Stadium, let alone being mentioned.

The Detroit Lions had a 21-20 win in Dallas over the Cowboys all but in the books. However, referee Brad Allen controversially decided that something that clearly happened did not.

Allen incorrectly ruled that left tackle Taylor Decker did not report as eligible before catching a brilliant 2-pt. conversion pass. Video evidence clearly indicates otherwise, as did postgame comments from Decker and many others.

The Lions subsequently failed on a last attempt to score the two points, eschewing chances to kick a game-tying extra point and going for the win.

Cue the outrage from pretty much everyone. And it’s warranted…

Why do they keep saying he wasn’t covered so it’s penalty ?
If he reported eligible. The correct thing would be for him to be uncovered.
— Andrew Whitworth (@AndrewWhitworth) December 31, 2023

Taylor Decker talked to Brad Allen and reported as eligible. Allen thought it was Skipper, who did not report. That's all. That's the whole thing. 100% on Allen.
— Colton Wesley (@CWesleyDJC) December 31, 2023

This explanation from John Parry makes the refs sound even worse & is insane. He’s saying even though Decker reported to the ref it’s Decker’s fault that the ref didn’t recognize or hear him. SVP rightfully pushed back on Parry but Parry is defending ref for missing it. Unreal
— Matthew Berry (@MatthewBerryTMR) December 31, 2023

The refs said Taylor Decker didn’t report but he was talking to them before the snap…..pic.twitter.com/giar6JgiSZ
— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) December 31, 2023

So we’ll fine players like George Pickens for pointing when they go into the end zone or Jaylen Warren for running hard. Yet when referees colossally change the outcome of games, they get no punishment. Absolutely horrendous https://t.co/887XdQ0IZV
— Jarrett Bailey (@JBaileyNFL) December 31, 2023

We’ve got video of Goff telling Decker to go report, and video of Decker clearly reporting. Other than that, who’s to say?
— Tony Paul | Detroit News (@TonyPaul1984) December 31, 2023

For what it's worth: Tonight's officiating crew was the same one that botched the ending of Packers-Chiefs with the no-DPI call on Marquez Valdes-Scantling. https://t.co/k8o9KRDQA2
— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) December 31, 2023

Looks like the refs screwed this one up.
In a season full of painful officiating errors in primetime games, this might just take the cake. https://t.co/YgM2eiXtUK
— Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) December 31, 2023

judgement call mistakes happen. but this sure seems like a clear officiating process mistake changed the outcome of the game
— Gregg Rosenthal (@greggrosenthal) December 31, 2023

John Parry (ESPN’s officiating expert) is saying it’s the player’s fault (!) for Brad Allen somehow missing Taylor Decker reporting. Get this clown off my tv lol.
— Jimmy Kempski (@JimmyKempski) December 31, 2023

And on another look the ref definitely turns his head towards Decker and nods at him, and then immediately proceeds to report Skipper as the eligible one. Keeps getting worse for the ref in my opinion.
— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) December 31, 2023

the evidence is in
a crime was committed
a Lions win was stolen in plain sight
refs are pure trash pic.twitter.com/VErRjxxMCZ
— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) December 31, 2023

The refs…..again.
This is why inside of 2 minutes all plays should be reviewable. Decker tried to report to the Ref and got punished for the Ref not seeing him do it and not hearing him. So now the refs can’t see or hear.
— Robert Griffin III (@RGIII) December 31, 2023

Goff literally sends Decker over to report.
Gonna need a new story, officials pic.twitter.com/9lUbyQFChV
— Sam Monson (@PFF_Sam) December 31, 2023

Just saw the highlights and skimmed this thread. Incompetent refs ruin important NFL game shocker!

Honestly, they screw up every second play so why are we surprised? This was particularly egregious though.

The refereeing aside, the NFC looks like a clown show next to the AFC at this point. My stupid team capitulates to the Ravens last week in a supposed SB preview, and two of the supposed best offenses in the NFC combine for four TDs today. Philly can’t stop anyone scoring, and the NFC South will have Mayfield or Derek ****ing Carr representing them in the playoffs. In the meantime, AFC teams are making playoffs with a fourth-string QB who was sitting on his couch not so long ago with some decent coaching and even better defensive play.

I’d be shocked if the NFC winner ends up taking out the SB. Whoever comes through the AFC gauntlet has way more credibility.

Just saw the highlights and skimmed this thread. Incompetent refs ruin important NFL game shocker!

Honestly, they screw up every second play so why are we surprised? This was particularly egregious though.

The refereeing aside, the NFC looks like a clown show next to the AFC at this point. My stupid team capitulates to the Ravens last week in a supposed SB preview, and two of the supposed best offenses in the NFC combine for four TDs today. Philly can’t stop anyone scoring, and the NFC South will have Mayfield or Derek ******* Carr representing them in the playoffs. In the meantime, AFC teams are making playoffs with a fourth-string QB who was sitting on his couch not so long ago with some decent coaching and even better defensive play.

I’d be shocked if the NFC winner ends up taking out the SB. Whoever comes through the AFC gauntlet has way more credibility.

Niners lost 3 games to the AFCN. IF the Niners had played another division this year, they may well have already clinched home field.

Ravens and Browns will both be tough to beat.

Lovely day for football in Chicago town. Hopefully we get proper snowfall later in the game.

Also hopefully Bryce Young isn't too hurt.

TushPush by a team other than the Iggles? Still want that play outlawed NFL??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In that Chicago game the refs just missed the most blatant holding call, Chicago basically tackled one of the defenders in the backfield, plus Fields ran out of bounds before the ball crossed the plane into the endzone.

Officiating really is horrible, can't blame snow for not seeing that call.

On another note, my first time seeing either Pats or Titans in much detail this year, gee both teams have really fallen away from their recent quality. Breaking news I know...

Buffalo's best offence is their defence right now, luckily.

20 points all off turnovers, Allen is 2-11 for 5 yards. Zappe 3-9 19 yards and 3 interceptions.

Patriots TD was the opening kickoff return.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Douglas with as many catches as our offence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back