LIVE ON watchESPN AT 5:00 AM on 1/1: NFL RedZone

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA
less 1 hour QLD
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

Last edited:

Quinn's 2min defense wasnt looking too hot
Since he took over we have been chalk and cheese. Took over a defense that was near last in both takeaways and yards allowed to top 5 in the league every season he has been in charge.

Cant complain with that at all and you cant stop every team every week like you are the 85 Bears!

As an aside, for the game winning play at the end are you going to throw short of the line to a bloke who may be your 3rd string TE or something (to be fair I have no idea who that bloke was so I could be underselling him). However, you have at least 4 or 5 genuine playmates to go to and don't.

As an aside, for the game winning play at the end are you going to throw short of the line to a bloke who may be your 3rd string TE or something (to be fair I have no idea who that bloke was so I could be underselling him). However, you have at least 4 or 5 genuine playmates to go to and don't.
He is the starting left tackle.

If the Lions kicked the FG rather than have a failed 4th and goal they win, If Dallas dont throw 4 incompletions in the final 5 mins the Lions never have the time to get that final TD.

Lions also should have kicked the PAT after the penalty. It was a coaching effort on both sidelines Brandon Staley would be proud of.
That’s a total false equivalency- they get the 2PT conversion there the game is basically over

Pretty sure manu is talking about the final 2pt attempt where James Mitchell was targeted and the throw was short of of the EZ
Yep, this play. Not the one that 'won' the game.

That’s a total false equivalency- they get the 2PT conversion there the game is basically over
30 seconds and 1 time out to get into FG range for Aubrey who apparently can hit from 70yds.

Not totally out of the question but we will never know.

They showed a breakdown of that play, if Goff gets it out a fraction earlier & on target, the TE all but walks in.

I mean the play was the difference between winning and losing so yes - it is very easy to point to that play
it was a trick play that confused everyone even the refs.
They snapped the ball with 20sec left on the play clock, could of taken more time to make sure the refs got the numbers right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure manu is talking about the final 2pt attempt where James Mitchell was targeted and the throw was short of of the EZ
Which was a stupid play anyway. should of kicked the PAT.

It would of been the 4th 2PT play in the playbook. [first play Dallas took a timeout, 2nd was the pass to the LT, 3rd was the INT on the Parsons offside]

I mean the play was the difference between winning and losing so yes - it is very easy to point to that play
Dallas still had 25sec and a timeout with a kicker who can hit from 60+. Whos to say that final drive was going to be the one where Detroit decide now we will cover the dude with over 200yds rec.

We dont go a week without a lazy or incompetent error by the refs.

It does look like the ref just guessed based on typical formations. This is a crew that all year has guessed on flags throwing them on legal hits and not throwing them on clear PIs.

Dallas still had 25sec and a timeout with a kicker who can hit from 60+. Whos to say that final drive was going to be the one where Detroit decide now we will cover the dude with over 200yds rec.

Dak just as likely to throw a pick in enemy territory

We dont go a week without a lazy or incompetent error by the refs.

It does look like the ref just guessed based on typical formations. This is a crew that all year has guessed on flags throwing them on legal hits and not throwing them on clear PIs.
I mean, this is the problem. They decide far far too many games, and important ones.

I complained enough about the penalty in our superbowl, but frankly I thought the call in the Rams / Bengals game was even worse. This isn't how we want championships decided.

I mean, this is the problem. They decide far far too many games, and important ones.

I complained enough about the penalty in our superbowl, but frankly I thought the call in the Rams / Bengals game was even worse. This isn't how we want championships decided.
The NFL have shown they dont care. after the Packers/KC game this crew was relegated for a few weeks to "lesser" games and have worked the way back up.

Reckon 68 reported but the ref saw 70 running towards him and got his number confused.
Considering Dallas were informed 70 was eligible it should have been a replayed down as the wrong player was reported as eligible but I dunno if they can call that due to ref error?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2023 NFL - Week 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Back