Half-forwards:Tom De KoningHarry McKaySam Docherty
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellGeorge Hewett
Jack Martin
Emergencies:David CuninghamBrodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see who replaces the midfield minutes if we drop Cuningham for Motlop. It's not a simple swap given that the extra rotations are how we maintain physical pressure and the possible limitations with Doc's shoulder.
Might be good reason to bring Fish back into the team and can push Doch to play as a pure winger or even push back.

Champion Data

Jacob Weitering has gone 15 games in a row with 3 or more intercept marks. A record for the AFL

They won't pick Dow but I would

I struggle to undertsand his being dropped for finals. He was so good and is point of difference. Improved so much

A midfield rotation of Cripps Hewett Walsh Cerra Dow supported by Docherty Fogarty looks awesome to me with Acres Hollands on the outside. The Lions midfield is very good but they won't match this

Won't happen, and Voss & Co know better, but it's just how I see it especially on a dry everning at the Gabba

Since you have been gone, the Dow discussion has been done to death, strengths and weaknesses, etc

Personally, his strengths don't outweigh his weaknesses and would only play if we are missing 2 of our main 5 mids and that's how it's played out

Champion Data

Jacob Weitering has gone 15 games in a row with 3 or more intercept marks. A record for the AFL
brisbane clown on guessen today suggesting tagging him...........

1695179002818.jpeg

Since you have been gone, the Dow discussion has been done to death, strengths and weaknesses, etc

Personally, his strengths don't outweigh his weaknesses and would only play if we are missing 2 of our main 5 mids and that's how it's played out

Don't agree. Has improved immensely and has so many positives. I was a critic last year but he is a much better player now. That's my take

Don't agree. Has improved immensely and has so many positives. I was a critic last year but he is a much better player now. That's my take

stop-fighting-hose.gif

Who would you drop to make way for Dow for this week's game ?

Who would you drop to make way for Dow for this week's game ?
cunners - although when he goes full acres in time on in the last on saturday night, this post will self-destruct.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They won't pick Dow but I would

I struggle to undertsand his being dropped for finals. He was so good and is point of difference. Improved so much

A midfield rotation of Cripps Hewett Walsh Cerra Dow supported by Docherty Fogarty looks awesome to me with Acres Hollands on the outside. The Lions midfield is very good but they won't match this

Won't happen, and Voss & Co know better, but it's just how I see it especially on a dry everning at the Gabba
I think your assessment is accurate. Voss has been clear that the hill he will die on - it's one built on defensive intent and capabilities.
In my view (and maybe Voss'), Dow doesn't tackle as well and doesn't run defensively as hard as Hewett or Kennedy who he is competing with for a role. I think this is why he hasn't been playing and won't be sub on the weekend.
What I find interesting is that not all aspects of our game style have been consistent through our winning streak. Fpr example. there's little doubt our speed of ball movement in the past few weeks is not what its was during the first few games post the first win against Gold Coast.
I don't think its a co-incidence that Dow, Fisher, Boyd, Hollands who might aid faster ball movement are not playing.
The Voss coaching theory is not dissimilar to Ross Lyon's approach: Find a couple of key attributes (defensive intent + contest); pick a team which emphasises these key traits to their limit; force the opposition to adapt to the environment you create.
When they can't - or won't - you most often win.

He had many highlights and big moments, but that final effort and kick to space was just so good.
like cerra beforehand, legs of rubber but just had the will to keep pushing..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back