Half-forwards:Tom De KoningHarry McKaySam Docherty
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellGeorge Hewett
Jack Martin
Emergencies:David CuninghamBrodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies

Last edited:
That’s still a fair bit warmer than Melbourne - they haven’t had max temp over 15 (last week not incl)- not an excuse just something to be mindful about.
It’s gunna hurt us more than them.
If we can't play in temperatures a few degrees higher, then what on earth are we doing playing football? Not like it's 35C.

Don't agree. Has improved immensely and has so many positives. I was a critic last year but he is a much better player now. That's my take
Agree. IMO he is not being named because he hasn’t signed the contract he was presented, and they believe he is gone - hence, why play someone who’s is gone at years end?

FFS about half the side could be in the frame to make way if someone needed to be included. Every one of them would be unlucky and would have reasons there are and should stay in the side.

Bottom line is whatever side we pick will be fine. I am not unhappy with any of them and there will be unlucky players. Nice to finally have these problems

Imagine if Williams Boyd Kennedy Silvagni Durdin had all been fit and available as well :oops::oops:

Fogarty or One ruck would be my preference or make him sub or even Marchbank out and Doc to defence

Lots of players have to be shifted around from their established positions to accommodate Dow - maybe that is why he isnt a starting player?

Don't agree. Has improved immensely and has so many positives. I was a critic last year but he is a much better player now. That's my take

His weaknesses are not as prominent as others would suggest. Every player has a weakness. What he gives us far outweighs what he doesn't give us. I too would play him but the MC dont agree. FWIW, this is the same MC that were giving Ed Curnow games ahead of him so it shouldn't surprise.

Agree. IMO he is not being named because he hasn’t signed the contract he was presented, and they believe he is gone - hence, why play someone who’s is gone at years end?
Perhaps a reasonable stance during Home and Away rounds - get experience into players who will be around in years to come. But surely not in a Prelim. Chances like this don't come around all that often. You play the best available, even if you know that player is leaving at the end of the year.

I doubt he plays, but don't completely write off his chances of a spot. Voss clearly values defensive capabilities highly, but has also shown a propensity for "horses-for-courses", and may see value in Dow as a ball winner vs Brisbane's mids. Good to have options at this stage of the year.

IMO he is not playing because the match committee do not consider him to be in our best available team. No more. No less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Landed in Queenstown this morning and seen a couple of Bluebaggers floating about in their t shirts. So good, although deep down wish it was Brisvegas I was in right now!

Fog stays in. Tenacity is vital and is flexible in his role as he can attend centre bounces if need be. Martin will add to that again now, been no joke when it’s come to pressure and tackles since the bye.
Think it will still be H and Martin in for Bam Bam and Cunners. Dutchy sub.

Get over the line boys. We have a date with destiny. My body is ready.

If we can't play in temperatures a few degrees higher, then what on earth are we doing playing football? Not like it's 35C.
No one is saying they are about to drop from heat exhaustion- however it will have an impact.
When you been playing at 10-15 & then playing in 20, in a faster paced game it’s going to have an impact.
Point is - we have elite runners- utilize them!
They also have higher TOG which allows for rotations for everyone else - kinda handy in more trying conditions

No one is saying they are about to drop from heat exhaustion- however it will have an impact.
When you been playing at 10-15 & then playing in 20, in a faster paced game it’s going to have an impact.
Point is - we have elite runners- utilize them!
They also have higher TOG which allows for rotations for everyone else - kinda handy in more trying conditions
Last Friday was quite warm at the MCG. I think that it was 23 degrees or something similar.

Champion Data

Jacob Weitering has gone 15 games in a row with 3 or more intercept marks. A record for the AFL

And still somehow gets jerked by the AA selectors….jerks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last Friday was quite warm at the MCG. I think that it was 23 degrees or something similar.
Last Friday was a high of 17.4 according to the weather info I can see- so tipping game time was a lot cooler than that.
Bris weather is way more energy sapping due to the humidity.
Regardless what the weather says the humidity is at - it’s always harder up here.
Been here 5yrs - so I know both climates very very well

Baggers due to my brother coming down with a virus, I now have 2 tix to sell for the match on Sat. Top deck on the wing. Message me if interested.

LFG Baggers!!!

Post it in the Carlton Finals Hub thread.

Will get lost in here on the back pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back