Half-forwards:Tom De KoningHarry McKaySam Docherty
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellGeorge Hewett
Jack Martin
Emergencies:David CuninghamBrodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies

Last edited:
I'm concerned with taking Kemp out with both Hipwood and Daniher. Weiters obviously covers one, whoever cops the other is going to make me very nervous.
Will be interesting. Think Weitering stays closest to goal and takes the deepest of the pair, and then one of McGovern or Marchbank has the other.

Would like to see McGovern on Rayner, it's always a joy to see those powerful forwards who are used to shrugging tackles getting dumped by Mitch. So Marchbank on the other tall

Will be interesting. Think Weitering stays closest to goal and takes the deepest of the pair, and then one of McGovern or Marchbank has the other.

Would like to see McGovern on Rayner, it's always a joy to see those powerful forwards who are used to shrugging tackles getting dumped by Mitch. So Marchbank on the other tall
Tend to agree which leaves Marchy on Hipwood. Just not sure that's a good matchup for us.

Very rare I would have thought to have 4 unforced changes heading into a prelim final!

Like it though, it's bold and I think the right calls.
It's not really 4 unforced changes.
I'd call H and Martin back in forced, given they're clearly in our best team, and only missed last week due to suspension and concussion.
It's semantics saying Hollands is a change given we're just swapping our sub. If protocols were as they should be to name a 23 instead of 22 and then a sub, this wouldn't be a change.

So it's more like 1 unforced change, Boyd in for Kemp.

I'm concerned with taking Kemp out with both Hipwood and Daniher. Weiters obviously covers one, whoever cops the other is going to make me very nervous.

Possibly.

I’d be more nervous as a brisbane player trying to contain Charlie,Harry and TDK.

Oh then there’s a guy called Jack Martin.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hipwood is 203 cm and Mitch 191cm. Suspect that Marchy at 196cm takes hipwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For some reason I’m feeling way more confident today than I have all week..

The key to this game is midfield..if we can win it in the middle and get it in quick I reckon we could do some real damage.

Half forward line need to be on their game..quick ball movement is our enemy once they have the ball…need to force them wide which will make them to kick high and long

Getting exited…no nerves yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Kemp but do sense he still misjudges and lets the ball out the back at times and we simply cant afford that against Brisbane. Like the team named just hope we arent too banged up. Think Kennedy is the sub. Can play forward, mid or back (not that any of us particualarly like him on the back flank). Could be a good foil to come in and be fresh to help beat up Dunkley if he is ontop of Cripps as well.

So very excited

And Port got well beaten by GWS at their home ground the next week...seems like they were a bit banged up so quality of opposition to Brisbane is suss.

Think we are better than Port in a few areas which could be key:

- Key forwards. Lord kicked 4 goals on Andrews. Marshall got easy shots on goal but kept missing. Dixon didnt play. We have Charlie, Harry and TDK. Thry are missing Payne.

- Bigger midfield. Butters, Rozee and JHF all had pretty quiet finals series...our midfield is bigger and more experienced to physically impose ourselves at the coalface. Lions' midfield have been bullied before when Neale has been shut down.

- Key defenders. Everyone knows Port are missing a true big key defender. Danniher gave Port a touch up. He's tough to stop when on but Weitering is one of the best key defenders in the comp.
Daniher didn't do anything special.

The Port midfield was just darn lazy defensively....

Daniher got lots of easy ball.

H to kick 8. Bookmark it.
CHarlie - 3-5
Hazza 2-3
Martin 2
Jesse 1
Walshy 1
Crippa 1
Doc 1
Cotters...who knows!
Cerra 1?
Lots of goals
We win.
Done.

I had a dream last night too, no scores but who cares?:tearsofjoy:

patrick-cripps-of-the-blues-is-seen-with-the-premiership-cup-during-the-2023-afl-captains-day.jpg

For some reason I’m feeling way more confident today than I have all week..

The key to this game is midfield..if we can win it in the middle and get it in quick I reckon we could do some real damage.

Half forward line need to be on their game..quick ball movement is our enemy once they have the ball…need to force them wide which will make them to kick high and long

Getting exited…no nerves yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had a very strong winning feeling for us whilst up in the air.
Charlie was marking, a Lot.
And kicking true. I saw a LOT of celebrating.
But, you never know what they put in your coffee these days. So...

I’m not too concerned about Hipwood and Daniher getting shots on goal even Rayner to a lesser extent as they tend to spray more than they get … it’s Bailey and Cameron who we need to clamp down on as much as possible … those two rarely miss …

Agree, those two are terrifying and slowing them down and limiting their space is a massive key to the whole shebang. I WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISH we had Zac Bailey in our side. Imagine him in (no disrespect) DC's role.

There has been a little bit of talk on the footy shows and in the papers about Brisbane going after Doc, Cripps and Acres due to their known injury problems in recent weeks and before it happens i want to put it out there, bring it on.

Voss and co are taking a gamble by playing all three, with all three clearly hampered by injury, but when you name a side and a player runs on to the ground, they are deemed fit and able to give everything for their team. I would expect the same from our players, no favours to the opposition, when they go near the ball, hit them hard, fair and make them earn everything.

Edit. On taking injured players in to games is a risk and if it doesn’t work, you can’t complain, we had a choice to replace them with fit players but didn’t, the choice was ours, win or lose we need to own that.

Right, I'll say it.

OUR midfield is much, much better than theirs!

Crippa, Walsh, Cerra vs. Neale, Dunkley, Zorko...

Acres, Doc, Hollands, Cotters the equal (or better) of McGlugg etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back