Half-forwards:Tom De KoningHarry McKaySam Docherty
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellGeorge Hewett
Jack Martin
Emergencies:David CuninghamBrodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies

Last edited:
Bit quiet in here today everyone is on a plane I guess?

Go blues,

By estimates we have purchased 14k tickets with blue barcodes I wonder how many brissy ticket holders are blues fans living up there with lions membership ?

Geez if the crowd is closer to 50/50 rather than 75/25 that’d mental!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Go blues,

By estimates we have purchased 14k tickets with blue barcodes I wonder how many brissy ticket holders are blues fans living up there with lions membership ?

Suspect if you're passionate enough to fly up you'll make a bit more noise too. Suspect they'll very much outnumber us but we'll be almost as loud.

Go blues,

This cannot be understated. It would simultaneously give us a boost and somewhat throw off the Lions players. A friend of mine who is well connected, was told that the are still plenty of tickets that haven't been sold.

Brisbane is deservedly favourites and it makes perfect sense that they are. It is just that as Carlton supporters we've got this funny feeling about tomorrow, and rightfully so.

This cannot be understated. It would simultaneously give us a boost and somewhat throw off the Lions players. A friend of mine who is well connected, was told that the are still plenty of tickets that haven't been sold.

Brisbane is deservedly favourites and it makes perfect sense that they are. It is just that as Carlton supporters we've got this funny feeling about tomorrow, and rightfully so.
l don't believe there are any tickets available at all.
Pretty sure game is a sell-out which you would expect, certainly no online tickets available since early in the week.

Suspect if you're passionate enough to fly up you'll make a bit more noise too. Suspect they'll very much outnumber us but we'll be almost as loud.
Still recovering from windburn after yesterday's flight up. I thought the Bonza ticket was cheap but strapped to a wing has its inconveniences.

Having 4 of our best players Martin Mackay curnow doc close to goals gives me great optimism we will score heavy -- with motlop on pure football ability it is probably the most talented we have been in front of goal all year --
As long as our mids are focussed on two-way play, I agree.

But equally, we have to bull the contest.

Meh - not sure on Hollands TBH. Can see him being targeted. Kemp really stiff. Owies as the sub for me.
Nobody will be targeted. The risk of an errant shoulder or elbow to the face or head is too great for someone to miss a GF these days

I'm tipping Maynard will play ultra conservative tonight...just a gut feeling

I’m overseas and such a contrast reading media outlets and then coming here to get my confidence back .. can’t really gauge the vibe .to me feels like media think it’s gonna be a massive blowout .. im
Kinda in between and feel we can beat anyone on the day then love reading everyone’s posts , pumps me up … are brisbane really that good??? Or does the media outlets just don’t like us ?

Nobody will be targeted. The risk of an errant shoulder or elbow to the face or head is too great for someone to miss a GF these days

I'm tipping Maynard will play ultra conservative tonight...just a gut feeling

Only time it could happen is if the win is out of reach

Although, still could happen early if it's in the balance and adrenalin is high

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im looking at it this way

mids - close - but we are better
key fwds - us by a mile
small fwds - got to give them that one
defence - close
rucks - close - but who would you rather have - pitto and tdk or OMac & Joe...... im on pitto and tdk

the crowd - the gabba crowd wont know what hit them when 10,000 lunatic carlton supporters start making noise - it wont be as onesided as they expect / are used to

reasonably confident blue boy here - $3.10 for us is just crazy
Their forwards overall are better than ours
Our backline is way better than theirs
Our midfield batts deeper so ours is better
Their ricks are better than ours
Gabba is the difference for mine and what makes it harder for us
If this was at the G the odds would be reversed or in our favour

I’m overseas and such a contrast reading media outlets and then coming here to get my confidence back .. can’t really gauge the vibe .to me feels like media think it’s gonna be a massive blowout .. im
Kinda in between and feel we can beat anyone on the day then love reading everyone’s posts , pumps me up … are brisbane really that good??? Or does the media outlets just don’t like us ?
I guess it'll be if Brisbane can handle the pressure. Our pressure has been outstanding on our dream run.

Compared to last time we played Lions, we're a totally different team.

How will Lions respond?

we'll know in the first quarter, I reckon.

Payne out, Gardiner in for them would be like Weitering out, Durdin in for us.

Structurally they've lost their defensive anchor, and the bloke coming in has next to no recent AFL form to judge him on.

Almost certainly going to change the way their backline structure up and approach the game. If we can get an early jump and kick a few goals through Gardiner's man then it could engender a real cat amongst the pigeons type response that rattles their whole team.

There has been a little bit of talk on the footy shows and in the papers about Brisbane going after Doc, Cripps and Acres due to their known injury problems in recent weeks and before it happens i want to put it out there, bring it on.

Voss and co are taking a gamble by playing all three, with all three clearly hampered by injury, but when you name a side and a player runs on to the ground, they are deemed fit and able to give everything for their team. I would expect the same from our players, no favours to the opposition, when they go near the ball, hit them hard, fair and make them earn everything.

Edit. On taking injured players in to games is a risk and if it doesn’t work, you can’t complain, we had a choice to replace them with fit players but didn’t, the choice was ours, win or lose we need to own that.
Cripps is getting better week by week though, and his lower body isn't hampered at all. Neither is Acres', a bruised collarbone will get better as time goes on as well. The only question mark is Doc, if Voss was correct in saying that he was playing with a torn calf.

The injuries to the first two certainly didn't hamper them in the SF.

Cripps is getting better week by week though, and his lower body isn't hampered at all. Neither is Acres', a bruised collarbone will get better as time goes on as well. The only question mark is Doc, if Voss was correct in saying that he was playing with a torn calf.

The injuries to the first two certainly didn't hamper them in the SF.
I just don't trust uninjured players.

I’m not too sure about tickets being available as I know of lions members who still couldn’t get seats so I reckon it’s gonna be packed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back