Training 2023 Preseason + training discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of the media comments about freo seem to be a query on depth based on the players who left last year ?
I’m curious who would be in the top 23 at this stage out of that group ?
Logue, Tucker, and Meek would be playing WAFL, Acres would likely be starting wing, hell Lobb might have lost his spot to Jackson, so any talk that we're weaker because of who we traded away is seriously misguided, Freo will be much stronger with the additions of Omeara, Jackson, Fyfe, Tabs, plus the natural development of a young team.

Logue, Tucker, and Meek would be playing WAFL, Acres would likely be starting wing, hell Lobb might have lost his spot to Jackson, so any talk that we're weaker because of who we traded away is seriously misguided, Freo will be much stronger with the additions of Omeara, Jackson, Fyfe, Tabs, plus the natural development of a young team.
I think you are right.

Lobb would be in as a pure forward I think, and Longmuir would need to be crafty with how we use Jackson.

Thanks for the correction. Yes it was doubt so have done the required edit.
oh, I wasn't trying to correct you. It just read humorously to me and I assumed it was typos - but it was like some crazy word salad at first - tickled me.

I should probably get outside more :whistle:

Apologies if this has already been asked as I am too lazy to go back through and check, but will Friday's scratchie against the Crows be live-streamed?!?!

Leave him forward of course.

And if Fyfe is doing that I think bringing Sturt IN would likely be at the expense of a KPF.

If our forward line is functioning Sturt would bide his time or replace an underperformer. He hasn't developed the flexibility to justify inclusion otherwise.
In the same way Taberner stringing together some solid continuity through a whole season doing wonders for his game, there's value in giving players time to get accustomed to a position. If you're committed to it that is.

The positive signs from Fyfe-forward in this preseason suggest there's every reason to commit wholeheartedly to him being given substantial time to bed down his craft. Agree Sturt would likewise benefit from sticking with forward craft for now.

On the other hand, Taberner has only played more than 15 games three times across his 10 seasons. As much as we might value him (or not), it likely says his spot will be vacant for 7-8 games at least. There's some of the rookie time, along with whatever unavailability or form-wavering might also provide space elsewhere.

Friday, February 24
Fremantle v Adelaide Crows, Victor George Kailis Oval (Cockburn), 3.20pm local

Thursday, March 2
Fremantle v Port Adelaide, Fremantle Oval, 4.10pm local

Brought to you by Foxtel, oh what a feeling, and Maccas, just do it.

Friday, February 24

Thursday, March 2

ba da ba da daaa - i'm lovin it

Friday, February 24

Thursday, March 2

If Fox is filming it hopefully they stick a camera at the top of the sandbank so we don’t have to look at it when they’re kicking for goals at the western end.

I wonder why we’re the only game with 7 ‘quarters’?

If Fox is filming it hopefully they stick a camera at the top of the sandbank so we don’t have to look at it when they’re kicking for goals at the western end.

Maybe both teams would like a reserves side and a league side to play separately

We might field some peel players and Adelaide their SANFL affiliate team.

Jackson is a better all round prosepct then Lobb.
OMeara is instantly 10x better then Tucker. Straight into the 22 and makes the team better. Huge positive net gain.
Treacy covers Logue and develops in that role. Hamling is sufficient depth down back.
Acres is the only one. Henry has a lot of expectation on him. Capable of being a star.

This pre season showed the club and team are pumped, not necessarily bothered by the three leaving. Young wanted to make a big scene that it was. Nope

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have it facing the best Fremantle grandstand. Cockburn should try and promote the ARC, so have the cameras ignore the hideous sandbanks and showcase the opposite side.

Maybe both teams would like a reserves side and a league side to play separately

We might field some peel players and Adelaide their SANFL affiliate team.
That’s a good point if they’re traveling over with close to full squad. Will be good to see both teams seconds have a run.

Have it facing the best Fremantle grandstand. Cockburn should try and promote the ARC, so have the cameras ignore the hideous sandbanks and showcase the opposite side.
Fingers crossed that’s what happens. The facilities look great when you’re on the opposite bank facing it.

That’s a good point if they’re traveling over with close to full squad. Will be good to see both teams seconds have a run.

That's just me guessing but I did hear that the clubs were looking at 2nds scratchies so this sounds plausible

All those folks who think Lobb and Acres (perhaps even Logue) are irreplaceable should rush off and take the $1.80 we're currently paying to miss the eight. The rest of us who think our list is much improved, including because it's now full of players who actually want to be at Freo, will be taking the money for jam that is the $5 we're paying for top four!

Friday, February 24

Thursday, March 2

Fantastic - the entire country is going to see our sand dunes on the southern wing unless some genius puts up a camera tower on that side to hide our shame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2023 Preseason + training discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back