Position 2023 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances of Sharp coming back after the bye? Fagan has well f**ked me on this one.
Who knows...

Lions don't have too many true outside players. Berry is playing that role, but he's clearly an inside player. He's only averaging 17 touches. Dev Robertson is taking the piss in the 2s, but he's in the same boat.

I reckon Sharp gets back in at some point, just not sure when.

I need to trade out Sharp or Roberts for Ford. Leaning towards Roberts.

Who knows...

Lions don't have too many true outside players. Berry is playing that role, but he's clearly an inside player. He's only averaging 17 touches. Dev Robertson is taking the piss in the 2s, but he's in the same boat.

Adelaide made the Lions look a bit slow at times but who do you take out? Just when you think someone is not up to it they pull out a good game.

Who knows...

Yeah i m trading out Roberts this week, just trying to work out who to trade out next week. Im in all sorts for warm bodies R15

Reckon Roberts comes back in after he recovers from injury? Swans seemed pretty keen on playing him earlier in the year

Think loong term strategy 😅 or rather just hopeful

Adelaide made the Lions look a bit slow at times but who do you take out? Just when you think someone is not up to it they pull out a good game.
Wilmot has only ever looked good at half back. When he plays on the wing, he's lost.

Berry is an inside mid being forced to play on the outside.

If they want a pure wingman, Sharp is the one.

imo of course, I'm no Lions supporter, just my 2c watching from the outside. End of the day, Lions are a different team at home and away.

Reckon Roberts comes back in after he recovers from injury? Swans seemed pretty keen on playing him earlier in the year

Think loong term strategy 😅 or rather just hopeful
I don't think he comes straight back in. The appeal early was that they had so many defenders out, that their mids/wings had to play defence, allowing Roberts to get a spot on the wing. Mills, McInerney and Stephens were all playing down back. Mills is injured of course, but he was back in the middle. McInerney is back on a wing. Stephens is dominating in the 2s. They'll have talls coming back, and right now they're playing short, so smalls will make way. I think by the time he returns, gets a few in the 2s, there won't be much opportunity for him.

Anyone who didn't go early on him considering on skipping Wardlaw?

JS should be fine, but bad bye and 196K a lot to spend on a rook at this time of the year.

Might just hold Wilmot with and wait for better options to pop up (potentially Mullin).

I'm skipping. Went early on Ford and looks like I've made the correct call so far. I'm spending the extra 60k and getting Briggs instead for Ratagolea.

Desperate for some $102k rooks from the MSD. Surely the Eagles will grab somebody they can throw straight into AFL footy?

Swans looking for a ready made defender.
If they find one they'll play, but probably score sh1tly...
Still, could be handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he comes straight back in. The appeal early was that they had so many defenders out, that their mids/wings had to play defence, allowing Roberts to get a spot on the wing. Mills, McInerney and Stephens were all playing down back. Mills is injured of course, but he was back in the middle. McInerney is back on a wing. Stephens is dominating in the 2s. They'll have talls coming back, and right now they're playing short, so smalls will make way. I think by the time he returns, gets a few in the 2s, there won't be much opportunity for him.
Stephens has been very disappointing this year so I could see Roberts pushing him out. There’s also guys like Clarke/Cunningham getting games who should be borderline in the 2s. Its hard to predict due to the length of his injury, the team may be more settled and in better form by the times he’s back making it harder to break into the team

Skipping Wardlaw is crazy. JS is great. A few having taken time to score well like Humpries and Weddle. Good luck finding another rookie besides Briggs.
Yep did some forward planning (FWIW) yesterday and decided to get him in as my last cash gen rookie along with Ford. Gives me an extra player the next three weeks too

Eddie and the Cruisers Ford, welcome to my team next week.

If you don’t get dropped ya kent

No chance Ford will get dropped.

At 189cm/85kg and his speed/vertical.

We are mad if we don't build him into a star wingman with how well he has shown he uses it and how well he's adapted to finding the ball up the ground.

Thought his first half on the weekend is one of the better ones I've seen from one of our players this year.

Think he gets a massive amount of games from here on...JS will be rock solid. We have definitely found one.

I'm expecting a RS star nom by the end of the year.

Skipping Wardlaw is crazy. JS is great. A few having taken time to score well like Humpries and Weddle. Good luck finding another rookie besides Briggs.

Would you pick Wardlaw or Ford?

Can’t pick both because of R15 bye. Already struggling to field 18 and if I bring both in this week I’ll only be 2 more down come R15

Would you pick Wardlaw or Ford?

Can’t pick both because of R15 bye. Already struggling to field 18 and if I bring both in this week I’ll only be 2 more down come R15

I think Wardlaw is going to go big in a couple of games, especially with his tackle numbers.

But I can also see more than a few similar games to the weekend, especially with 60-65% TOG numbers.

LDU is back in 2 weeks, so I think they will manage Wardlaw's time for a lot of this first season. Could also see him being a sub/rested at certain points.

I think Ford's TOG% only increase, he's also going to be a decently high scoring player, as he's really good aerially, so could see a game where he has 2-3 contested marks. He's been really excellent with the ball and rarely wastes a disposal, so I can see his averages staying high, even with only 15-16 disposal games.

I think Ford has a 100+ score in the next 3 games in him, as I think he's got a 25+ disposal game coming.

He has no one coming in to push him out, as he's well and truly kicked Curtis Taylor out and looked a massive upgrade.

Even as a North supporter and also their price difference, I'd be prioritising Ford over Wardlaw of the two if you could only get one.

If Ford keeps scoring like he is at the moment, you can offload him after round 14 for a tidy profit.
That is my plan, he will fund my last upgrade.

I might get Wardlaw as well, figure he will play a lot for the rest of the year. I think we will need our rookies late in the season.

Do you think Drury gets another go at some point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back