Position 2023 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't bring myself to select Grundy yet. Too much unknown.

I've got English + Marshall + Madden, with Cameron in my FWD line. Thinking here is I can loop Cameron in if an injury hits the RUC line for 1-2 weeks.

If Grundy is the man at Melb, I will be making a change. Like you say, the value he presents if playing is too good to ignore.

Depends on the role-if the 2 rucks doesnt work (which i dont think it will) then grundy is getting dropped or moved to a less SC friendly role as they aint dropping their captain.

If grundy had gone to a club where he was the clear no1 ruck 95 %of teams would have him at his price but theres too much risk imo.

1672710428146.png

* is Tom Campbell playing

How will St Kilda manage King's abscence ? .....I'm thinking Rossy will want bigman mobility over tap rucking around the ground

View attachment 1580910

* is Tom Campbell playing

How will St Kilda manage King's abscence ? .....I'm thinking Rossy will want bigman mobility over tap rucking around the ground

With Max King down we really need Hayes to play and pinch hit in the ruck if not it probably will be Marshall & Campbell

Hope this eventuates .....so who takes Kings Role ...Cordy ?
Still a chance for Hayes. But otherwise it would have to be one of Sharman, Wood, Battle or Cordy. Membrey will also have to play deep, which he hasn't done much since King debuted. It's not ideal but Marshall needs to play where he is borderline elite rather than waste away up forward with a below average player rucking.

Hope this eventuates .....so who takes Kings Role ...Cordy ?

Cordy is a :poo:Truck and is only backup in defence I can't see them playing him as a KPF if at all.
There is a Draftee that they got with Pick 44 Isaac Keeler 198cm KPF who looks good as well maybe he gets a crack.
keel.JPG

Last edited:
Cordy is a :poo:Truck and is only backup in defence I can't see them playing him as a KPF if at all.
There is a Draftee that they got with Pick 44 Isaac Keeler 198cm KPF who looks good as well maybe he gets a crack.
View attachment 1580948
Nope .....Crows could have Drafted Keeler .....question marks on intensity & competitiveness .....plus, he's no-where fit enough for AFL

Keeler drifted from a tip 15 pick to 40+ in the Draft, for good reasons

View attachment 1580948
St Kilda in general is a case of waiting for the PS games imo. See what RtB has cooked up.

Nope .....Crows could have Drafted Keeler .....question marks on intensity & competitiveness .....plus, he's no-where fit enough for AFL

Keeler drifted from a tip 15 pick to 40+ in the Draft, for good reasons

Instead the Crows picked up Billy Dowling I can see it already:p

Billy Dowling ......Premier Midfielder of the Future ! :adelaide:

Last edited:
Still a chance for Hayes. But otherwise it would have to be one of Sharman, Wood, Battle or Cordy. Membrey will also have to play deep, which he hasn't done much since King debuted. It's not ideal but Marshall needs to play where he is borderline elite rather than waste away up forward with a below average player rucking.
+1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must have changed my rucks 15 times already. Its impossible.

Now I m even considering Draper.
Drunk Santa 1.gif

Too much Christmas cheer ....

im hopeful hayes can lock it in as you say and just be the relief for marshall in parts , if not i reckon sharman . dont really want to move battle again, hes finally settled into his spot.

im hopeful hayes can lock it in as you say and just be the relief for marshall in parts , if not i reckon sharman . dont really want to move battle again, hes finally settled into his spot.
Do St Kilda want a fella, coming back from a knee reco, jumping at centre bounces ....I understand Nic Nat did, but he took ages to get back on the field, due to be a one position player

Do St Kilda want a fella, coming back from a knee reco, jumping at centre bounces ....I understand Nic Nat did, but he took ages to get back on the field, due to be a one position player
marshall has a bigger tank than he's given credit for, so its more a "relief" ruck , not a true 2nd ruck required.

I for one welcome a season where it's not just set and forget ruck rubbish.

This year there's just so many options and so many reasons not to select certain rucks.

Last year i ignored bearded flog Gawn and had Wittsy right off the bat, which worked out swimmingly.... other than my other ruck Grundick being :toilet:

I’ve decided to go POD in the Ruck with Grundy and the Big O
I dont mind the big O call at 487k. Like Witts hes got the clear role of number 1 ruck and has an excellent midfield to tap to. Averaged 88 last year in 20 games. Feels like a low risk selection compared to all of English, Darcy, Grundy, Gawn

Biggest high risk/high reward combo of English/Darcy could really set you up for success in the first few rounds. Im tempted
their ceilings are huge. could score 300 between them and it wouldnt be a surprise.

its an extra 140k on the roma grundy special. but with no reason to doubt their scoring ability apart from fitness..

their ceilings are huge. could score 300 between them and it wouldnt be a surprise.

its an extra 140k on the roma grundy special. but with no reason to doubt their scoring ability apart from fitness..
Im really sus on Grundy. Cant see how it works supercoach wise with him and Gawns scoring. I dont want to miss out on Roma if he is full time ruck. Should be an easy 110+ at 506k if he avoids the forward line

Im really sus on Grundy. Cant see how it works supercoach wise with him and Gawns scoring. I dont want to miss out on Roma if he is full time ruck. Should be an easy 110+ at 506k if he avoids the forward line

Ross ****ing loves rucks too, but with King out where do they go? Hayes? Some other potato i've forgotten who is no good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Position 2023 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back