Position 2023 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross ******* loves rucks too, but with King out where do they go? Hayes? Some other potato i've forgotten who is no good.
Think they're hoping Hayes will be back fairly early to play forward. They have Sharman and Membrey as the other 'tall' forwards. What we dont want is Ross to decide to play Marshall forward then Tom Campbell will come in to ruck. Shouldn't happen but as you say, with King out it could happen unfortunately.

Hawthorn's long-time No.1 ruckman Ben McEvoy retired in August, but Meek isn't an automatic inclusion for Mitchell. Unlike most clubs, the Hawks don't have a clear standout ruckman at this point.

Ned Reeves showed he can play in 2022 before his season was cut short by a shoulder reconstruction. Max Lynch was recruited from Collingwood just over 12 months ago but struggled to remain on the park, while project ruckman Max Ramsden was recruited in the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

"The beauty of the sport is competition is everywhere. If you don't love that then you go backwards, especially in the ruck space. I can't wait to go to work with the two Maxes and Ned. Hopefully we can build a partnership where we can all complement each other," he said.

Steve.gif

surely rucks this year is a simple choice out of 4 players.

english darcy grundy marshall.

witts? yeah maybe
cameron in the rucks? would consider to save cash.
hickey? too risky imo.

grundy and marshall are the two value ruck picks. but to me english and darcy are the two premo rucks everyone will want to have by seasons end.

cameron is a good fwd inclusion as would make a great r3/f7 come sc finals time.

surely rucks this year is a simple choice out of 4 players.

english darcy grundy marshall.

witts? yeah maybe
cameron in the rucks? would consider to save cash.
hickey? too risky imo.

grundy and marshall are the two value ruck picks. but to me english and darcy are the two premo rucks everyone will want to have by seasons end.

cameron is a good fwd inclusion as would make a great r3/f7 come sc finals time.
You aren't concerned about the impact Jackson could have on Darcy?

He's more ruckman than forward.
even then. wouldnt he be replacing someone like meek in the 2nd ruck role. which im sure darcy has put up with this whole time?

in saying all that. the only two viable ruck options who havnt had a change of role is english and witts..

even then. wouldnt he be replacing someone like meek in the 2nd ruck role. which im sure darcy has put up with this whole time?

in saying all that. the only two viable ruck options who havnt had a change of role is english and witts..
You might want to have a look at how Hodor scored with Meek in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do Fremantle agree with that? Until we see them play, I'm a bit wary of the split they will have.
In the 2021 GF ....it was the move of Jackson into the Ruck which turned the game

It will depend on matchups for FREO .....Jackson the leaping Ruck, Darcy the bodying Ruck .....I can't see Darcy being a consistent high scoring RUCK selection

Getting the rucks right this year gonna be crucial.

Oh yeah. Lotta pressure. You gotta rise above it. You gotta harness in the good energy, block out the bad.

Harness. Energy. Block. Bad. Feel the flow Happy. Feel it. It's circular. It's like a carousel. You pay the quarter, you get on the horse, it goes up and down, and AROUND 🎠. It's circular. Circle, with the music, the flow. All good things.

Hmm interesting there are only so many ball ups per game now Gawdy have to share.

View attachment 1582541
I'm assuming Gawn is going to play mainly forward, he's simply better at it than Grundy. There will be 100,000 SC'ers watching Melbournes pre-season game lol.

It's still an odd trade to me, they must not think Gawn can manage being the main ruck.

I'm assuming Gawn is going to play mainly forward, he's simply better at it than Grundy. There will be 100,000 SC'ers watching Melbournes pre-season game lol.

It's still an odd trade to me, they must not think Gawn can manage being the main ruck.

Especially odd given what they actually need is one good KPF.

In saying that they both kicked 11 Goals in 2021 and Max kicked 13 in 2022. If they play him as a KPF they would want 50+ goals a year is he that good?

Getting the rucks right this year gonna be crucial.

Oh yeah. Lotta pressure. You gotta rise above it. You gotta harness in the good energy, block out the bad.

Harness. Energy. Block. Bad. Feel the flow Happy. Feel it. It's circular. It's like a carousel. You pay the quarter, you get on the horse, it goes up and down, and AROUND 🎠. It's circular. Circle, with the music, the flow. All good things.
Adam Sandler Fighting GIF

Choose the wrong ones

Do St Kilda want a fella, coming back from a knee reco, jumping at centre bounces ....I understand Nic Nat did, but he took ages to get back on the field, due to be a one position player

I hope they want hayes or battle in there so ross doesnt pick the spud campbell and wreck marshalls scores.

Remove this Banner Ad

Position 2023 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back