Preview 2024 1st Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans v GWS Giants, Sat 7 September, 3.20 pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsunami GIF

Toby Bedford will be given until Thursday to prove his fitness for Saturdayā€™s Qualifying Final.

Toby Bedford trained on Tuesday morning and will need to get through Thursdayā€™s main training to prove his fitness for this weekendā€™s Qualifying Final against the Swans.

Bedford was a late out for the sideā€™s round 24 clash with the Bulldogs due to calf soreness.

The versatile mid-forward will continue to increase his training load this week in order to prove his fitness for Saturdayā€™s blockbuster clash.

Jake Riccardi has completed a full week of contact training and has been medically cleared for selection.

Honestly can't tell if that sounds positive for Bedford or not? If he trained today hopefully he'd be able to complete training on Thursday too.

Riccardi back will be good. He's a minor upgrade on Keeffe, but you never know when he's going pop up and kick a few goals. Makes our attack that bit more dangerous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Riccardi back will be good. He's a minor upgrade on Keeffe, but you never know when he's going pop up and kick a few goals. Makes our attack that bit more dangerous.
Yep, assume Riccardi comes back in for Keeffe as KPF/ruck chop-out. Interestingly though, I thought Cadman played his best game when he was back up ruck a few weeks ago, getting more involved across the park.

Jake is a bit of a mixed bag, but as a natural forward he has a much better chance of scoring goals than Keeffe.

Honestly can't tell if that sounds positive for Bedford or not? If he trained today hopefully he'd be able to complete training on Thursday too.

If Bedford plays he will be sore

In an ideal world he plays, giants win and then he gets another week off

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Bedford plays he will be sore

In an ideal world he plays, giants win and then he gets another week off

given itā€™s a calf id say if itā€™s sore he doesnā€™t play. Being an explosive player if he plays then the calf is fine

I think Lachie ash slipped up in his press conference

He said ā€œ we are really healthy, I think itā€™s only Toby Bedford that wonā€™t be availableā€

So that really sucks

And the swans have so many players we would need him to tag

I think Lachie ash slipped up in his press conference

He said ā€œ we are really healthy, I think itā€™s only Toby Bedford that wonā€™t be availableā€

So that really sucks

And the swans have so many players we would need him to tag

The Swans have such an even spread of contributors in the midfield that I'm not even sure it helps a huge amount if you tag one out.

We might almost be better off just putting Peatling in there instead. Have him play that defensive midfield role that he's been very good at. Laying tackles on anyone who tries to get out with the ball. I reckon that'll work just as well for us, if not better, than attempting to tag a single player.

Bedford hasn't made it in.

Squad:

In - Brent Daniels, Lachie Ash, Isaac Cumming
Out - Harvey Thomas (Omitted), Callum M. Brown (Omitted), Nick Haynes (Omitted)

Milestones - Lachie Ash (100th game)

Backs - 27 Harry Himmelberg, 15 Sam Taylor, 39 Connor Idun
Half Backs - 6 Lachie Whitfield, 44 Jack Buckley, 36 Harry Perryman
Centre - 8 Callan Ward, 12 Tom Green, 22 Josh Kelly
Half Forwards - 16 Brent Daniels, 5 Aaron Cadman, 33 Xavier O'Halloran
Forwards - 2 Darcy Jones, 23 Jesse Hogan, 4 Toby Greene
Followers - 32 Kieren Briggs, 3 Stephen Coniglio, 17 Finn Callaghan

Interchange -20 James Peatling, 7 Lachie Ash, 31 Toby McMullin, 25 Lachlan Keeffe, 13 Isaac Cumming

Emergencies - 26, Jake Riccardi, 18 Conor Stone, 19 Nick Haynes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back