Autopsy 2024 1st Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans v GWS Giants, Sat 7 September, 3.20 pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Taking the long hard road makes it hard now, Toby Green **** ups kept the Swans in it and he may well be crying again. **** I hate the Swans and Geelong

Speaking with anger but as good as the Swans played, I'm leaning towards us losing it.

Constantly beaten when we had a 2 on 1 advantage, Himmelberg losing his feet, Ash with the stupid inbound handpass that resulted in a goal and that final kick.

Coniglio is not match fit. If he's playing next week, it's as sub, if at all.

And Toby Greene needs to get his head right. Has had a poor, bordering on abysmal year on so many levels for his talent and more importantly, as Captain.

Commiserations , your side is ****ing hard to beat, suck our players in a bit with the mental strength and it's a sweet comeback win because of the respect people have for GWS.

Good luck next week and i think you guys still make the grand final from
here

Definitely felt like we lost that rather than Swans winning it. Change a couple misses here and there and we're into a prelim. Given how we played I reckon we are a really good chance of charging through the winner of the Bris/Blues final

Speaking with anger but as good as the Swans played, I'm leaning towards us losing it.

Constantly beaten when we had a 2 on 1 advantage, Himmelberg losing his feet, Ash with the stupid inbound handpass that resulted in a goal and that final kick.

Coniglio is not match fit. If he's playing next week, it's as sub, if at all.

And Toby Greene needs to get his head right. Has had a poor, bordering on abysmal year on so many levels for his talent and more importantly, as Captain.
I would go as far as to say its been such an ordinary year from Toby that his standing in the game as a leader has been lowered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As soon as Blakey murdered Binga and didn't give away the free I knew it was over. Umps 100% put away the whistle in the last

I have never seen us so exhausted ( I was at game so know less about it in some ways thsn if i watched on TV). I assumed we must have lost players and been down on rotations.
Like all of us, I and my friends at the game have done some dumb things in life ( one mate made the unbelievable workplace error of upsetting the bosses bit on the side as an example).

Having said that, how do we seemingly make more dumb errors than most other teams?

Last edited:
I'd be interested to see a score breakdown but it sure seems like stupid turnovers generated at least half their goals.
Just finished watching and this was the difference tonight. So many stupid turnovers, dumb turnovers that all resulted in goals. Absolutely infuriating and it was always going to cost us.

I’m so upset by this one. Amazing performances by so many, Taylor, Buckley, Jones, Hogan/Cadman firing, Ward bobbing up with some special moments, but just dumb decisions so costly.

And thats one of the worst games I’ve seen Greene play, wow.

I have never seen us so exhausted. I assumed we must have lost players and been down on rotations.
Like all of us, I and my friends have done some dumb things in life ( one mate made the unbelievable workplace error of upsetting the bosses bit on the side as an example).

Having said that, how do we seemingly make more dumb errors than most other teams?
Agreed with this too, so visibly fatigued late. Couldn’t guard the corridor which they were doing earlier and preventing the Swans from linking up. Not sure why they were so tired. I know it’s a final, physical footy, and they put so much in to defending early, but they were so cooked.

Also Peatling is a must play every single week. He is a defensive beast. He hunts the ball like no other Giant. Played an outstanding game.

Cadman was also big at times, so glad to see him stepping up in a final.

Just hurts when the defence put in a performance like that. But hard to defend when the corridor got opened up so badly in the last.

Disappointed by the result, but not at all by the performance.

Clearly Kingers has crafted a team that can match up to the #1 seed on their home deck.

That’s truly extraordinary for a second year in a row.

Absolutely no reason why we won’t achieve a replay of this fixture at the G later this month.

The Swans aren’t capable of scoring those same late Q4 idiosyncratic goals on a different deck.

Inside the stadium, it felt the unique home ground was the only real point of difference on the night.

As an aside, but completely unrelated to the result, the Adam Goodes South Perma-Boo Squad in full force against Toby as usual.

But what else would you expect from the most entitled and hypocritical corner of the country?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 1st Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans v GWS Giants, Sat 7 September, 3.20 pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back