Autopsy 2024 1st Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans v GWS Giants, Sat 7 September, 3.20 pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

The game result was one thing.
But on the walk back to Central station we came across 2 groups of drunken Swans "supporters" who were talking sh*t to GWS supporters.
Sure their team won, but that trash is 100% loser behaviour.

Yep, lots of that as the SCG today as usual.

You never see that from our supporters when we leave our home ground as the winning team.

it’s a very ugly Eastern Suburbs, Malcolm Turnbull-esque mindset.

That’s why our club is so much more welcoming to new or neutral supporters. Particularly families who value the character values of the game from Auskick on up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

But on the walk back to Central station we came across 2 groups of drunken Swans "supporters" who were talking sh*t to GWS supporters.
Chances are they wouldn’t even know the rules. Ignore them.
The vast majority of Swans fans I encountered were respectful.

The roars towards the end should be something the Giants are aspiring to, as much as I hated it.

I have never seen us so exhausted ( I was at game so know less about it in some ways thsn if i watched on TV). I assumed we must have lost players and been down on rotations.
Like all of us, I and my friends at the game have done some dumb things in life ( one mate made the unbelievable workplace error of upsetting the bosses bit on the side as an example).

Having said that, how do we seemingly make more dumb errors than most other teams?
Exhausted, Now that's the problem. If they won it wouldn't be a problem playing a home preliminary final in a fortnight, Now looks really hard facing Brisbane who won't have to get out of a trot against Carlton, Then a fresh Geelong away. I feel gutted about the loss and my GWS premiership bet

Here’s Papley delivering an off the ball swinging elbow to Toby’s jaw while our Captain is lying on his back in a vulnerable position.

Is this illegal in AFL?

Then Papley must be put on report by the MRO and sent to the Tribunal.

Or is this just part of the official Toby tax? IMG_1194.JPG

Here’s Papley delivering an off the ball swinging elbow to Toby’s jaw while our Captain is lying on his back in a vulnerable position.

Is this illegal in AFL?

Or is this just part of the official Toby tax?View attachment 2104166

Video?

Is this illegal in AFL?

They will probably come down on him with a feather pillow. A fine or something.
For a guy who has seen a team mate (McCartin) retire twice due to head injuries, it's crazy how he always flops to play for frees when he's expecting contact.

Maybe they were sitting near the rude aggressive fans we were subjected to and decided to return the favour.

Imagine celebrating your club winning a final by trolling the losing team?

I rest my case, your honour.

No, just interested in how you guys thought the game went. Different perspectives and all that

Didn't comment on the game or anything, simply pointed out there are bad fans from every side.

If that is upsetting to you sorry

Good luck with the rest of the year.

No, just interested in how you guys thought the game went. Different perspectives and all that

Didn't comment on the game or anything, simply pointed out there are bad fans from every side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to you to darling.

Now jog off back to Tamarama and work on your punctuation.

This is a still from the Ch9 Syd news sports highlights tonight.

I just caught it on returning home post match.

Should be online on Ch9 app as video.

Thanks. I like a bit of leeway in finals. Let a bit of rough stuff go unless someone gets hurt.
Don’t reward ducking campaigners like Papley and, sadly, Peatling.

Thanks for gifting us 1/3 of your total posts for defending Lacoste-wearing douche-bags who were actively picking fights in public.

If anyone inside the stadium is causing issues, call security. A dumb comment.

I had similar issues with swans fans walking out of the ground. All rocky and sledging we have no fans. Obviously these aren't real afl fans, they dint remember the dark days the Swans faced when.less than 5k turned out. I was one of them and got out as soon as the real club The Giants came in. Lots of their supporters are fake bandwagons who aren't real afl fans and turn up becuase it's a fad. Would love to see them after a few years out of the 8!
Entitled Eastern suburbs flogs!

Anyway ran into Bedford and Preus. Preus is retiring and Bedford said he should be good for next week. I said Mission take down Lachie Neale!
Great fellas

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I had similar issues with swans fans walking out of the ground. All rocky and sledging we have no fans. Obviously these aren't real afl fans, they dint remember the dark days the Swans faced when.less than 5k turned out. I was one of them and got out as soon as the real club The Giants came in. Lots of their supporters are fake bandwagons who aren't real afl fans and turn up becuase it's a fad. Would love to see them after a few years out of the 8!
Entitled Eastern suburbs flogs!

Anyway ran into Bedford and Preus. Preus is retiring and Bedford said he should be good for next week. I said Mission take down Lachie Neale!
Great fellas

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
We have fans.

It's just not to their liking.

Watching Brisbane having a very easy time against Carlton (odd for them to decide to tank in a final...).

Total contrast to Giants v Swans.

Next week is going to be tough, especially through the midfield as the Lions have a lot of run. They will be a lot fresher.

In: Bedford
Out: Coniglio (get that surgery done now - at the moment he's ineffective)

Toby Greene to start and play most game time as a mid.

Keeffe as FF and to not leave Andrews' side.

Also tempted to drop Ash for Aleer he was that bad today.

Kingsley can't be conservative. No second chance next weekend. Roll the dice. Ran out of cliches....

Is this illegal in AFL?

He is a piece of shit. Was really going for you guys today. Still think you can win it all

💔 but it’s done so no point worrying too much about those flogs. Their time will come.

I think today there were a lot of positives and I think we saw some Premiership players.

Young Darcy Jones is a revelation, he is just everything you want in a player and shows such maturity for his years.

Cadman is coming along beautifully and showing all the elite talent traits he showed in his last year of junior footy. He now belongs and will only get better as he improves his patterns and craft.

McMullin was fantastic in the first half, I’ve found through the season his best footy is excellent. He does tend to fade out as games go so just needs a pre season or two to improve his tank. Callaghan was very mature and is just a gun.

Tom Green was great, Briggs tough, Hogan strong, Buckley, Taylor, Ward, Whitfield strong. Daniels seemed well held. Toby Greene was terrible…he was fumbly, missed some scoring opportunities and was just off the pace. He needs to bounce back next week. Cogs is a passenger, clearly incapacitated by the shoulder.

Errors were really punished, Peatling miss in front, Perryman’s poor kick out, Ash’s no look hand pass, Himmelberg losing his feet, Idun not killing ball. I remember these moments not just because they were critical but they were so few poor moments in the game which we generally played great.

If you look at Swans goals today quite a few of them were a bit lucky and tinny. Credit to them for sticking to it but they relied heavily on high skill/luck moments.

We seemed to come out of the game relatively unscathed and Bedford comes in. I think we can bounce next week but this makes it a lot harder.

Fingers crossed the boys can move on fast and sort out the Lions next week.

Last edited:
This is the team that beat Brisbane in Rd22:

FB [7] Lachie Ash,[15] Sam Taylor,[39] Connor Idun
HB [6] Lachie Whitfield,[44] Jack Buckley,[36] Harry Perryman
C [8] Callan Ward,[12] Tom Green,[17] Finn Callaghan
HF [16] Brent Daniels,[5] Aaron Cadman,[28] Harvey Thomas
FF [2] Darcy Jones,[23] Jesse Hogan,[4] Toby Greene
FOL [25] Lachlan Keeffe,[22] Josh Kelly,[14] Toby Bedford
IC [33] Xavier O'Halloran,[35] Max Gruzewski,[20] James Peatling,[27] Harry Himmelberg
SUB Conor Stone

Who played then and not today:
Then - Gruz, Stone, Bedford, Thomas
Today - Briggs, Coniglio, McMullin, Cumming

IMO, we have a stronger side now compared to Rd22.

That’s as gut wrenching as it gets, probably feel worse after that than the 2016 prelim.

Positives? Honestly we outplayed them for the vast majority of the game and it was just a couple of moments of brilliance from Heeney and some poor misses from us in front of the sticks that was the difference.

Sitting at ground level near the very boisterous Giants cheer squad was an incredible experience for me. What I did notice there was how unique the ground dimensions look compared to other grounds I’ve been to. It’s a big advantage for Sydney but they have no such luxury playing a GF at the MCG if they make it.

It was a ferocious contest and we should be proud of how we played as a whole.

Is this illegal in AFL?

No concussion. Thus, it’s fine. Perfectly legal tackles or bumps that result in concussions are different story. 🙄

The AFL will probably also argue that Toby deserved it. 😒

Shame you couldn’t hold it in the end, but the Swans seem to have your number this year. Good luck against Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 1st Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans v GWS Giants, Sat 7 September, 3.20 pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back