2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Common, Magpies. I know it's only Tue but don't waste our time and give us your best offer when ready. Do you want Houston or not? Is Leppitsch worse than Cameron? Started with 13 + 23 + 29, now 13 + 23.
I bet next offer is just 13 for F1 + Noble.

Next offer will be 13, 29 for F1 + Noble... then if we wait a bit longer we may get 13 for F1 + Noble... fair value is probably somewhere in between.

I can see why Pies are trying to get overs as they don't have much left to get Houston after that ridiculous trade to get Lachie Schultz last year

This exactly !

Collingwood think for some reason we need them to move pick 13
They are wrong.
Collingwood will lose out Houston to the Blues unless they sweeten the deal.
Otherwise Collingwood end up caught with there pants down.
Yeah exactly, like don't get me wrong I do rate Noble and he is a needed player for us who is definitely in a best 23 side, but he is only worth a mid 2nd rd at best. They want Houston and want to win now so they need him more then we need Noble (especially if Carlton is in the race) and they need both pick 13 and 23 to have a chance at Houston.

So I think a fair deal

GC pick 13, 23, F3

Collingwood F1, F2 Noble

Id do Collingwood but only if 23 is removed.

Collingwood could very well be premiers next year. If that happens it’s 18 and noble for 13 and 23, which is a terrible deal.
Don't worry Mark Evans will step in like he did for the Weller trade stating “ you can’t look at it in isolation, you need a broader view” then Cameron will interject with “ it’s like the trading of Bowes and pick 7, soon everyone will be doing it” and then as I listen to them my head will explode 😂

We are just along for the ride, and what a ride it’s been

Yeah exactly, like don't get me wrong I do rate Noble and he is a needed player for us who is definitely in a best 23 side, but he is only worth a mid 2nd rd at best. They want Houston and want to win now so they need him more then we need Noble (especially if Carlton is in the race) and they need both pick 13 and 23 to have a chance at Houston.

So I think a fair deal

GC pick 13, 23, F3

Collingwood F1, F2 Noble
Not interested in fair deal, haha. Magpies have no chance to get Houston without pick 13. If necessary, we should go for best overs for pick 13 and deal Noble separately. Sure, we would have to pay overs for Noble (possibly pick 23) but we will get more overs for pick 13.

pick 13 for F1 + Noble is not crazy overs especially if Magpies could finish top 4 and it seems they go all in on Houston.

Last edited:

So I think a fair deal

GC pick 13, 23, F3

Collingwood F1, F2 Noble
Rules state you can't trade out a F1 and F2 without getting another F2 back (which is why carlton are targeting essendon's F2 to even it up)
Plus pies need points (like you do for academy players) for mcguane next year.

Rules state you can't trade out a F1 and F2 without getting another F2 back (which is why carlton are targeting essendon's F2 to even it up)
Plus pies need points (like you do for academy players) for mcguane next year.
Sound like Carlton's offer might be better then. Take that and deal with Collingwood separately for Noble

Not interested in fair deal, haha. Magpies have no chance to get Houston without pick 13. If necessary, we should go for best overs for pick 13 and deal Noble separately. Sure, we would have to pay overs for Noble (possibly pick 23) but we will get more overs for pick 13.

pick 13 for F1 + Noble is not crazy overs especially if Magpies could finish top 4 and it seems they go all in on Houston.
But I think they will need pick 23 for the Houston deal as well. Which is fine but I think we demand well above what they're offering. I would prefer just trading pick 13 for Noble and f1 definitely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sound like Carlton's offer might be better then. Take that and deal with Collingwood separately for Noble
Agree

And if the Tigers want more than pick 6 for Rioli we should start shopping it around, put some pressure on, if we miss out on Rioli I don’t think it’s a big deal

Agree

And if the Tigers want more than pick 6 for Rioli we should start shopping it around, put some pressure on, if we miss out on Rioli I don’t think it’s a big deal
Richmond lost a lot of leverage with Luko leaving as we don't need any salary paid. The only way I'd see 23 in that deal is if we are getting lots of extra points for Leo AND some salary.

As all 18 clubs shuffled into Marvel Stadium for the official start of the AFL trade period, one list boss summed it up perfectly: “Welcome to the Festival of Lies”.
Each club representative was given an allocated time to spin their narratives in front of the cameras and this was where the fun began.

For many of these list managers and recruiters, this is their time to shine. For two months each year the spotlight is on them with free agency and trading in October followed by the national draft in November.

So there is some pressure to come with your best stuff or should that be your best efforts to rewrite history.

Poor old Tim Lamb, Melbourne’s list boss, was on a hiding to nothing. It was like he was facing up to Curtly Ambrose on a sticky wicket without a helmet.

So it was no surprise he nicked the first ball through to the keeper.

“Clayton (Oliver) will be at the club next year 100 per cent. He has never been offered for trade. If a player has a meeting it doesn’t mean they want to leave. He is happy to be with us next year,” Lamb said.

Say what?

So everything that had gone on for the past couple of weeks, didn’t really happen, Timmy? Your CEO Gary Pert didn’t ring opposition clubs to gauge their interest in Oliver?

So Geelong just out of the blue decided to contact Oliver’s manager, arrange for him to meet their CEO Steve Hocking and football boss Andrew Mackie and then another clandestine meeting at ruckman Rhys Stanley’s farm with a group of players, including vice-captain Tom Stewart.

They did all this for fun because apparently there was no means to an end as he wasn’t being “offered for trade”.

AFL clubs love treating the public for fools; there are some who think it’s part of the game trying to hoodwink fans. The days of getting away with such gibberish are gone.

Certainly other clubs aren’t falling for any of this rubbish, but yet there were plenty trying to put it on.

Take Sydney’s list manager Chris Keane on Luke Parker: “We haven’t started discussions with North Melbourne yet. It’s not as straightforward as people think. He’s a valuable player for us.”

Hang on, is this the same player you released a statement on last week with coach John Longmire thanking him for his years of service and then lauding him at the best and fairest count.

And is it the same 31-year-old who didn’t get into the senior team until Round 19?

The Western Bulldogs were on the same program, determined to erase the fact Caleb Daniel and Jack Macrae weren’t in their best 22 for most of the year.

Then there is other messaging that confuses everyone. Carlton is so in love with pick No.12 that the Blues are refusing to use it in a trade to get their No.1 target, two-time All-Australian Dan Houston.

Instead, we’re led to believe, they will happily stand aside and allow arch rival Collingwood to stroll in with pick No.13 and some extra steak knives attached to get him.

Confused? Don’t worry we all are.

I wish it was only 5 days.
Yeah, surely trades can get done in that time, but this is like entertainment for the afl this time of year. Also $ and ratings. But boy does time go by slowly. And stressful if you've got a stake in it. I hated this time last year.
Very little gets done in the first week, and trade radio is talk of bunch of nothing most days.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back