2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah thats not happening. He also would provide -100 pressure. Dimma loves a pressure forward. Look at those Richmond flag teams, Castanga, Lambert, Butler, Rioli. All small hard working forwards. We don't really have that.
Haha yeah just pulling your leg, Big Dusty hater

So let me get this straight, we are going to potentially pay pick 20 for a player that was dropped for Oleg Markov in last years GF when we threw away Markov for nothing, yeah sounds like a Suns type of deal 😜

I wonder if the Tigers already asked for pick 6 and we said thanks anyway and went with the 2nd option in Noble?

On the Sam Day side of things. There’s no way he’s on close to 400k. Not how things work. Retracting is a bad look. But he’s the type of guy to be the last one done after the movement. We’ve probably got a few in that basket

So let me get this straight, we are going to potentially pay pick 20 for a player that was dropped for Oleg Markov in last years GF when we threw away Markov for nothing, yeah sounds like a Suns type of deal 😜

I wonder if the Tigers already asked for pick 6 and we said thanks anyway and went with the 2nd option in Noble?
How about waiting for the trade to be done before shitting on everything?

How about waiting for the trade to be done before shitting on everything?
Clearly I was having a laugh, but How about accepting that other people have different opinions and it’s not your place to call them out?

On the Sam Day side of things. There’s no way he’s on close to 400k. Not how things work. Retracting is a bad look. But he’s the type of guy to be the last one done after the movement. We’ve probably got a few in that basket
Yeah probably overs, $250k.

happy to pay the price for 2 x 27yo guys who will be here for Dimma's contract.

You would think they both end up playing another 100 games anyways.

We aren't known Bargain buyers, it is what it is. Just get em in, get a few more pieces with whats left over.

Everyone wants a first round so they can draft a gun mid anyways, we literally have 10 first round mids on our list

“John today informed us he would like to explore a trade ahead of next season to be closer to family,” Leppitsch said. Noble’s twin brother, Mark, is in Queensland.

“Whilst John is contracted, we understand the importance of family and will take this into consideration as we work through the trade period.”
The 27-year-old has been offered a four-year deal by the Suns, who are also eager to trade for Richmond triple-premiership player and another attacking, running defender, Daniel Rioli. They are determined to secure both players.

This is huge, imagine Noble and Rioli added to our list, seriously good acquisitions, speed and dare

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s laughable really isn’t it?

I can understand why they think this way considering the brain fart trades that have been made in the past by our club, but at some point this needs to stop.

I’m hoping this is the case where we hold firm and say, the dogs pic is more than fair compensation for Daniel, take it or leave it

We should be using P6 on an elite young player in a draft that is wide open, a few people have mentioned getting a gun small forward and I would certainly be aligned with that because we have no problem getting the ball inside 50. It’s our conversion that’s the problem. Not something a halfback flanker is going to help us a lot with to be honest, certainly one will only 3 good years left in him
We won't get to use pick 6, someone will bid on Lombard before then.

And that's fair enough too imo. That pick needs to be traded.

Noble is a huge upgrade on Weller from a defending perspective and offers just as much dash with maybe a slightly less penetrating kick. I like it.

Clearly I was having a laugh, but How about accepting that other people have different opinions and it’s not your place to call them out?
Mate you literally have a dungeon with your name on it :p

The pies found noble in the SANFL and picked him up in the mid-season draft, this is exactly what we should be doing to find another speedy halfback rather than paying a king ransom for Rioli in my opinion
We got 10 other spots to fill, im sure we'll have a few throws at the stumps.

But right now, we need more 25+ year olds in the club. Rioli and Noble add 183 & 112 games with finals experience.

Cant rely on a Kid from the SANFL yet when we'll have 5 academy kids in and out of the side next year.

Why would any club give us the chance at two players?

Melbourne could just say 6 for their F1 or they bid on Lombard, then what do you do? Let him go.
Because there are better players before pick 10? Why teams would bid on Lombard when they believe someone better is available? Why would they take the risk they end up with Lombard? Clubs don't do that. If they bid they want the player and is the best option at that pick, IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back