2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

20e383523683540159e6b7d2868204bb.jpg

It rides on two things imo

How motivated he is, and if he's prepared to get involved in promoting the game in Queensland.

If he's just topping up his super then there is no point.

If Dimma looks him in the eye and believes he's up for it, fine by me as he knows him pretty well.

It rides on two things imo

How motivated he is, and if he's prepared to get involved in promoting the game in Queensland.

If he's just topping up his super then there is no point.

If Dimma looks him in the eye and believes he's up for it, fine by me as he knows him pretty well.

Similar to how Andrew swallow situation

i doubt he will do anything publicity wise, i mean, think about it, when was the last time you heard him speak? can you close your eyes and remember his voice?
if you unbeknownst to you walked by him in the street and overheard his voice, would you turn around and go dusty is here somewhere?

we wont get that out of him
we may get some game winning performances, and some mentoring in-house, and maybe a slight increase in crowds - but thats about it

weighing it all up, im sitting on the fence for now

I’m paying 600-700k

Waste of money? Most likely

If he can mentor Humphrey into a superstar

It will be worth it

If GWS can splash cash on Deledio, Griffin, Johnson past their prime, we can afford to have a crack.

Heppell and Johannisen not world beaters but would of been handy this year

Our team is full of kids still, we’ll be waiting few more years. Need to add experience

I'm all for getting a 'past it' mentor type into the club.

But a quiet, introverted type like Dusty isn't that guy.

I'd have thrown the kitchen sink at trying to get Cotchin run around for another year (to be honest, I'd have done that at any point in his career).

Look for players with strong leadership qualities, who have a flag or two under their belt, and a year or two left.

I'd say we got more benefit from Eliis than we would from Dusty....and I'd hope we could do far better than that.

What is the Contract status of all our players and who is out of contract at the end of this year? Thanks🤘❤️☀️💛

I'm all for getting a 'past it' mentor type into the club.

But a quiet, introverted type like Dusty isn't that guy.

I'd have thrown the kitchen sink at trying to get Cotchin run around for another year (to be honest, I'd have done that at any point in his career).

Look for players with strong leadership qualities, who have a flag or two under their belt, and a year or two left.

I'd say we got more benefit from Eliis than we would from Dusty....and I'd hope we could do far better than that.

Only need dusty to mentor humphrey and the other forwards

If dimma reckons humphrey is dusty 2.0 then why can’t he learn from him?

Anyone keen on Bailey scott? Was tracking to become an elite winger but is stinking it up a bit this year. Not particularly popular with North fans at the moment but maybe his form has dropped as he has one foot out the door.
( he is also spending his week off on the gc)

Anyone keen on Bailey scott? Was tracking to become an elite winger but is stinking it up a bit this year. Not particularly popular with North fans at the moment but maybe his form has dropped as he has one foot out the door.

nah let him suffer lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would def take a look personally. Is he OOC?

nah let him suffer lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He hardly did anything wrong to us. Can't blame him for wanting to play at the club his dad did. He fills a need for us and would be an upgrade on current day Ellis as he winds up his career. Wouldn't cost a heap if he wants to be home.

No denying he made a hilariously bad choice choosing Norf over Geelong or us.

He hardly did anything wrong to us. Can't blame him for wanting to play at the club his dad did. He fills a need for us and would be an upgrade on current day Ellis as he winds up his career. Wouldn't cost a heap if he wants to be home.

No denying he made a hilariously bad choice choosing Norf over Geelong or us.

Hasn’t Clohesy replaced Ellis? So he would replace..Fiorini?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bailey Scott could also be a budget HB option if we can't get the likes of Rioli into the boat either.

Richmond board floating the idea Dimma might be after D Rioli. Anyone heard anything
A report surfaced on the 17th April that Rioli supposedly toured our facilities. Not sure what to read into it but I’m confident Dimma knows one of our weaknesses is no pace or run off half back so Rioli would be a player he would target.

Saw Jon Ralph say on Fox Footy about 3 weeks ago that there have been preliminary discussions but as Rioli is a contracted player it would be a hefty price tag with one or two first round picks required for it to happen as Richmond rebuilds it’s list.

A report surfaced on the 17th April that Rioli supposedly toured our facilities. Not sure what to read into it but I’m confident Dimma knows one of our weaknesses is no pace or run off half back so Rioli would be a player he would target.

Saw Jon Ralph say on Fox Footy about 3 weeks ago that there have been preliminary discussions but as Rioli is a contracted player it would be a hefty price tag with one or two first round picks required for it to happen as Richmond rebuilds it’s list.

Is he worth 2 first rounders?
Be great for us.

I wonder if the price is too high for rioli whether we could put something up to entice c jiath to move up to join south Sudanese friend mac Andrew. Ooc and making his way back from injury.

Probably but not outright, maybe a further pick to come back as the suns have 5 U16s academy AA selections
I have a rolling trade I’ve posted on this board before that could work out for all three clubs.

GCS OUT: Pick 8, 9, 20
GCS IN: Rioli, F2 (WCE), F2 (RICH), 59

WCE OUT: Pick 3, 59, F2
WCE IN: Pick 8, 9, 20

RICH OUT: Rioli, F2
RICH IN: Pick 3

On current ladder positions your future picks are pick 20 and 21 for a big academy intake. If you needed more points (I doubt you will) for this year’s academy players I’m sure some junk picks could be included. Hopefully we both get a win this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back