2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

This is exactly what I think. We should purely pick Academy Players and try and win this with a GC Team.
The problem with this is you end up with an unbalanced side as you can never pick for needs, which is fine if you can attract senior players from other clubs to fill the gaps. Problem is we end up with your Rory Atkins types that can barely cut it.

Trading Ballard aint happening. He has been one of our best players just having a down year. I think because of Macs emergence in the backline.

We need to get Mac out of the backline for certain games and make him more of a weapon around the ground imo. I wana see what he can really do.

Trading Ballard aint happening. He has been one of our best players just having a down year. I think because of Macs emergence in the backline.

We need to get Mac out of the backline for certain games and make him more of a weapon around the ground imo. I wana see what he can really do.
They had to throw him in the ruck and up forward in the last quarter when Day went down and he made shit happen.

Mac just needs to fill out a bit more to play more ruck, needs another 10kg of muscle. And then look out world.

Read will be the same for a few years.

I don't get the Ballard negativity, he's been great for a number of years. He's having a down year, but anything could be happening behind closed doors – injury niggles, struggles adapting to mac's rapid ascension, personal problems etc.

It's no culture at all to jump off of players so quickly, including Touk. You have to back some of these players with runs on the board to lift themselves out of a rut. Don't be so instantly reactive. People on this board jumped of Collins a year or so ago and now he's in AA contention.

Ed Langdon Melb could be available.
Are we interested.
Yes for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Move on Ballard??!!! You can’t be serious!!
I see Ballard as an excess. I think he is a good player, his intercepting game was highlighted by Dew's game plan that allowed him to take record breaking numbers but i don't rate his 1 v 1 capabilities and his disposal and offensive game is sub par. I think his trade value would be more than he is worth. Powell can play on a 3rd tall, and that would allow another rebounding defender in cumming. No one agrees with me and it won't happen but yeah, I'm serious

I see Ballard as an excess. I think he is a good player, his intercepting game was highlighted by Dew's game plan that allowed him to take record breaking numbers but i don't rate his 1 v 1 capabilities and his disposal and offensive game is sub par. I think his trade value would be more than he is worth. Powell can play on a 3rd tall, and that would allow another rebounding defender in cumming. No one agrees with me and it won't happen but yeah, I'm serious
I guess question is who depth would be if Collins, Andrew go down. Yes, we have Graham. Possibly Read.

Ballard and Luko available :eek:

Collingwood should be very interested in both. We don't have much draft value in picks but we do have small forwards and defenders.

I dont completely disagree but would only make the move if there was a replacement in plan. I think a third tall that can play a bit smaller is more what we need, but I don't think its Powell as he is more value getting up the ground rebounding back into 50. Ballard struggles a bit with the way the game has got faster, more slingshot from half back and try to get out the back of the defenders. If ross lyon was his coach he'd take 20 marks per game but not too many games are played like that anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back