Rosas King Walter
Dusty Read Lombard
Clohesy Flanders Weller
Rioli Andrew Cumming
Powell Collins Uwland

Moyle Rowell Anderson

Miller Graham Rogers Long Humphrey

Move on Ballard and Luko
I do wonder how tradeable luko is. I don't think you would entertain it if it's just getting you some nice draft picks but if those picks were to get an a grader then I would consider it. Read and Walter will definitely be more of a threat in the air and if we could add another good small forward we look instantly stronger forward.

Might be reactionary after that game but Lukosius and Ainsworth are very easy to move on IMO.

Lukosius is just soft and unreliable and Ainsworth is the least clutch player in the AFL, last week aside.

Ballard has also gone backwards at an astonishing rate, however, with a lack of tall defender coverage you probably keep him unless you can source a good replacement.

This club just has a soft underbelly that everyone sees, so we need to remove those players from the playing list that can get us value and don't offer a harder edge.

Might be reactionary after that game but Lukosius and Ainsworth are very easy to move on IMO.

Lukosius is just soft and unreliable and Ainsworth is the least clutch player in the AFL, last week aside.

Ballard has also gone backwards at an astonishing rate, however, with a lack of tall defender coverage you probably keep him unless you can source a good replacement.

This club just has a soft underbelly that everyone sees, so we need to remove those players from the playing list that can get us value and don't offer a harder edge.
Yeah I think you keep ballard, started the season really poor but has been pretty good the last month. Hypothetical but as far as picks and salary cap go you could replace luko and ainsworth with bolton and dusty, also with read and Walter ready to step up next year aswell as Lombard and Rogers capable of playing the half forward role.

IMO, people overreact here. No major clean up yet. But I do suspect 1-2 players from in/around best 22 will leave.

Tigers 2016 last game comes to my mind. They were belted by Swans by 113 points. Next year they won premiership.

If we are in the same position next year, yes, I would make more changes.

But right now, try to get 1-2 quality players. Try to get top assistants like Dimma got in 2016 offseason.

Young players like Rogers will benefit from another preseason.

For me the most disappointing is how our midfield performs on the road. It should be becoming our strength. Go figure.

Just hope Dimma's appointment will work it out eventually. If not and he is a bust, nothing will save us.

I do think that there should be a lot of heat coming not only on players but also on Dimma and coaches. Just because Dimma said grow the f*** up, he should not be excluded.

Let's see. We are in interesting stage with a lot of frustration and growing pains. I am afraid, it could still end up in disaster and another re-build.

Last edited:
IMO, people overreact here. No major clean up yet. But I do suspect 1-2 players from in/around best 22 will leave.

Tigers 2016 last game comes to my mind. They were belted by Swans by 113 points. Next year they won premiership.

If we are in the same position next year, yes, I would make more changes.

But right now, try to get 1-2 quality players. Try to get top assistants like Dimma got in 2016 offseason.

Young players like Rogers will benefit from another preseason.

For me the most disappointing is how our midfield performs on the road. It should be becoming our strength. Go figure.

Just hope Dimma's appointment will work it out eventually. If not and he is a bust, nothing will save us.

I do think that there should be a lot of heat coming not only on players but also on Dimma and coaches. Just because Dimma said grow f*** up should not exclude him.

Let's see. We are in interesting stage with a lot of frustration and growing pains. I am afraid, it could still end up in disaster and another re-build.

We have too many soft introverted players who lose self confidence very easily. There’s no real smart ass cocky extroverted self confident players with mongrel. In saying that Mac Andrew is becoming that style of player

We have too many soft introverted players who lose self confidence very easily. There’s no real smart ass cocky extroverted self confident players with mongrel. In saying that Mac Andrew is becoming that style of player
Yes, Andrew is a beauty. IMO, more players are fine too, for example, Powell, Long, Collins, Uwland, Clohesy, Rowell.

Just wondering who soft introverted players in your opinion are. My guess - Luko, King, Anderson?

All the young kids seem to have right attitude - Rogers, Graham, Walters, Read. Lombard coming in with mongrel too.

I still hope it can change quickly. It's between ears. I did not watch re-play yet, but I have a feeling we are just waiting in the middle for what the opposition does, way too reactive, slow to respond. Not happy with you Grigg. What are you teaching them there? How about to go for it, be proactive and surprise opposition with something 😂

Last edited:
Completely agree Robo, most of them need to learn to take the game by the scruff of the neck and bully the opponent.

Love that Mac plays on the edge and doesn’t take shit. I’d add Ben Long into the list with Mac as well - Longy is hard at it and isn’t going to back down in the contest.

Powell, Long, Collins, Uwland, Clohesy, Rowell.
Powell and Collins okay but long uwland clohesy Rowell very quiet people and introvert

Just wondering who soft introverted players in your opinion are. My guess - Luko, King, Anderson?
Luko king Anderson Rowell Ballard got their own little group
But a lot of players just give up easily if things become tough and it’s always been the way with this club

All the young kids seem to have right attitude - Rogers, Graham, Walters, Read. Lombard coming in with mongrel too.
Graham is the one for me. First year player and has higher standards than most of the senior leaders in this club

I like the way the coach says you put on a suns jumper you have got to play a certain way you don’t pick and choose. I really hope he holds the team to his words

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do wonder how tradeable luko is. I don't think you would entertain it if it's just getting you some nice draft picks but if those picks were to get an a grader then I would consider it. Read and Walter will definitely be more of a threat in the air and if we could add another good small forward we look instantly stronger forward.
Would it get you rachelle to play permanent forward?

Watched some of the u18 games this year and actually like this crop in terms of being deep. You wonder whether you clear out the McPherson, Lemmens types and use our draft capital to top up with some good kids in areas of need (small forward, wing, key backs) that don't carry the scars of this club's past.

Watched some of the u18 games this year and actually like this crop in terms of being deep. You wonder whether you clear out the McPherson, Lemmens types and use our draft capital to top up with some good kids in areas of need (small forward, wing, key backs) that don't carry the scars of this club's past.
It takes time with draftees to become AFL regular contributors. Look at our academy quartet of future stars this year or Humphrey in his 2nd year.

We need some mature depth when injuries hit. We were very lucky this year.

With 2 likely top 10 picks this year and the rule about to change next year will we trade out of the first rounders and get a couple of picks for next year to match Zeke (under the rule changes) and just take Leo with trash picks?

I am thinking that in the future we should overpay ( many here will be used to that) and take academy players even 10 spots early to ensure we get them, the no go home factor is a real plus

With 2 likely top 10 picks this year and the rule about to change next year will we trade out of the first rounders and get a couple of picks for next year to match Zeke (under the rule changes) and just take Leo with trash picks?

I am thinking that in the future we should overpay ( many here will be used to that) and take academy players even 10 spots early to ensure we get them, the no go home factor is a real plus
You would think that as long we keep our 1st round pick that would be sufficient (plus some later round picks) to be able to match a high bid. Don't know what the rule changes will be but you would think the AFL will try to ensure that if an academy or F/S player is taken in the 1st round, the club matching has a 1st rd pick to match, and not a slew of less valuable later picks.

What will Cameron do?

This is exactly what I think. We should purely pick Academy Players and try and win this with a GC Team.

Would it get you rachelle to play permanent forward?
Maybe. Rachele seems a bit on the nose with crows coaches and supporters this year. As far as balance goes you would think King and Walter are the 2 key fwds, the question is can ethan read be as good as Lukosius next year but also offer ruck work at times. I believe he would.

Maybe. Rachele seems a bit on the nose with crows coaches and supporters this year. As far as balance goes you would think King and Walter are the 2 key fwds, the question is can ethan read be as good as Lukosius next year but also offer ruck work at times. I believe he would.
IMO, Read no chance in the ruck next year based on VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back