2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

If luko requests a trade he's probably worth a nothing pick now after being dropped. So we either take what can get and use his salary elsewhere or hold on and hope he has his biggest preseason yet and cones back fit and firing with a point prove. Not sure where I sit but would hate to get nothing for him then he turns out playing good footy at the Crows.

If luko requests a trade he's probably worth a nothing pick now after being dropped. So we either take what can get and use his salary elsewhere or hold on and hope he has his biggest preseason yet and cones back fit and firing with a point prove. Not sure where I sit but would hate to get nothing for him then he turns out playing good footy at the Crows.

He’ll play good footy at the croms too because thilthorpe and Fogarty will do the heavy lifting

We need Ryan, we get the ball down there second most in the comp, need players who can capitalize
I think he’d be a good fit at GCS, you’ve got the picks would just depend on club and player. Would be pretty hard to stomach him leaving, very similar to the Barrass situation where we have limited players that hold value but both are loved premiership players.

I think he’d be a good fit at GCS, you’ve got the picks would just depend on club and player. Would be pretty hard to stomach him leaving, very similar to the Barrass situation where we have limited players that hold value but both are loved premiership players.
Ryan is exactly what suns need, he fills a gaping hole in the forward line. Wouldn't be mad giving up our north melbourne pick for him

West Coast are doing a low key richmond and getting picks before tasmania comes which is fair enough, you have some good young talent. Ryan fills a position of need and brings experience - and we need to trade picks for experience.

Who is going to replace Barrass? Would Ballard be looked at? What would he be worth to west coast?

Ryan is exactly what suns need, he fills a gaping hole in the forward line. Wouldn't be mad giving up our north melbourne pick for him
I think the angle WCE would take is to pay as much salary as possible and get the best pick possible.
West Coast are doing a low key richmond and getting picks before tasmania comes which is fair enough, you have some good young talent. Ryan fills a position of need and brings experience - and we need to trade picks for experience.

Who is going to replace Barrass? Would Ballard be looked at? What would he be worth to west coast?
Gov and H Edwards will be the first choice KPD. Ballard would be of interest but unlikely to make a play with draft capital one year out from free agency. Mind you that’s what we seem to be doing with Liam Baker…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t see how being dropped for 1 game devalues anymore than his performances? Either way he’s contracted so if they want him they’ll have to pay overs or does that only count for Rioli ??

I can’t see how being dropped for 1 game devalues anymore than his performances? Either way he’s contracted so if they want him they’ll have to pay overs or does that only count for Rioli ??

It only counts if both teams want him.
The Tiges are in the toilet and looking at a rebuild. Will take good picks for Rioli, wish him the best, thank him for playing in the flags, and move on.
We are trying to be in finals contention as a team, and if we are OK letting Luko go what does that tell you?

If Rioli goes it will look like too much.
If Luko goes it will look like not enough.

PS. If we replaced Luko with Flyin' Ryan for next years forward line would we score more goals? Given our available tall forwards, I think yes.

Crows fans don’t wanna give up Pick 4 which is understandable but we ain’t gonna take a couple of 2nds for him.

Rather he just switched on and think, wow I’m actually wasting my career here. Got everything here for me to succeed. What is he’s excuse?

Where can the club find our own Neale, McCarthy, Dunkley, Daniher & Cameron?

Brisbanes somehow got external talent to come in and that’s started their mini finals “dynasty”

Surely we have enough pillars now to land some talent

lol u guys will be cornholed like when u traded o meara,,,,and he wasn’t even any good with two busted knees nevermind he was uncontracted ,,,,Bookmark it
You sound like you need a cuddle

Different situation here. He's under contract for two more years. If we can't do a deal that suits hold him.
I admire your ability to not let go of this stuff, but again - different situation. It's all speculation at this point.
I have a good memory, it’s been an asset all my life. My bringing up past **** ups is not in malice, it’s based on learning from history rather than being doomed to repeat it

I look at it this way if Richmond traded Rioli for anything less than massive overs the tig army would burn Punt road down, but us getting SFA for Hollands,(I forgot to add a contracted all under 22yo team representative in Elijah Hollands) 2MP (BnF winner), Scrimshaw, Bowes and more is brushed over as nothing to see and having no baring on potential Luko trades. History of our club to this point says different

Now it can be argued that Rioli is a premiership player and is contracted but equally all the players I mentioned were contracted elite draft picks and worth more than 3rd and 4th round picks, the trade scales do not favour us.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back