2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

So what is acceptable deal for Rioli? At what point would you walk away from it?

Some suggestions even from media sound a bit crazy to me 😂 Like picks 6 + 20.

Jenkins on SEN.
“Is there a world where you can trade Rioli and get back pick six and pick 20 – or pick six and pick 12, and send something back to the Suns. Let’s give them six and 12 for Rioli, and they give back the Graham compensation pick (second round).

Generally when clubs really want a player, IN contract, they tend to pay overs. As they have committed to the player -- I know first hand lol Even if the fans don't like it.
He is contracted for what, 4 years? So first rounder for sure. Just a matter of what else, and what comes back the other way.

Generally when clubs really want a player, IN contract, they tend to pay overs. As they have committed to the player -- I know first hand lol Even if the fans don't like it.
He is contracted for what, 4 years? So first rounder for sure. Just a matter of what else, and what comes back the other way.
For sure we will pay overs.

Would you pay picks 6 + 20? Or 6 + 12 (with second round pick coming back) as Jenkins suggests?

For sure we will pay overs.

Would you pay picks 6 + 20? Or 6 + 12 (with second round pick coming back) as Jenkins suggests?
I think spmething needs to come back either way, whether you give the 20 or 12.

What about 12 and 20, rather than 6? But you'd think Richmond would ask for the 6

So what is acceptable deal for Rioli? At what point would you walk away from it?

Some suggestions even from media sound a bit crazy to me 😂 Like picks 6 + 20.

Jenkins on SEN.
Agree, 6 and 20 seems very high, if Luko goes I would be offering Luko compo and 20

Someone will pay overs for a top 6 pick..
With top 6-7 players all capable of being pick 1
Pick 6 should be off the table for tigers… turn pick 6 into 2 picks in mid teens.
Agree and do it fast so pick 6 isn’t even on the conversation for Rioli. Personally I think we should be looking for another Saad in the VFL and telling the tiger to SAD

We need Ryan, we get the ball down there second most in the comp, need players who can capitalize
Ryan has kicked 30 goals in a season ONCE and it was 5 years ago. He's 28 next year, been under investigation for domestic violence in the past, constantly under an injury cloud (played a full season 1 time in 7 years) and has kicked more than a goal only 10 times in the last 3 seasons.

Huge pass. Completely over-inflated price tag because he took a few hangers in 2018.

That Chad Warner goes alright.
14 touches in the last to get Swans over the line.
33 touches and 2 goals.
There’s rumours he wants to head back west.
He should be at the top of our hit list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Chad Warner goes alright.
14 touches in the last to get Swans over the line.
33 touches and 2 goals.
There’s rumours he wants to head back west.
He should be at the top of our hit list.

I love your enthusiasm but I don't think we should move the club to Western Australia to pursue Chad Warner.

I think spmething needs to come back either way, whether you give the 20 or 12.

What about 12 and 20, rather than 6? But you'd think Richmond would ask for the 6
Unless #6 is involved i would highly doubt Richmond even consider trading Rioli
12 & 20 will become 14/15 & 25 after Compo father sons and academy picks filter through

If i was Blair Hartley i would say only way Dan gets to the suns is 6 + 12 with #35 /#39 going back and would cover part of his salary.

Richmond will be looking to move up the ladder with the late picks and looks like will get another around 22 and will only use 5/6 picks max

Rioli is the player that would really tug on the Tiger faithful hearts and the club would be very reluctant to let him go cheaply.

But 6 & 20 will prob get it done and if GC trade out #6 the deal is dead

Lot of talk earlier in the season about players wanting to come to the Suns. Wonder if there will be any surprises. Glass half full

Dimma a 3 time premiership coach + the Gold Coast
Surely there’s good players willing to risk it for the biscuit.
Worst case scenario you live in a beautiful part of the world and dont win a game away from QLD and NTever again

12 & 20 will become 14/15 & 25 after Compo father sons and academy picks filter through
You can argue that Rioli is worth pick 6 and we’ll argue back, just like our list managers will be. Covering a large part of his salary may entice it, perhaps. Depends if we offload or recruit other players as to whether we need that that salary space.

But this point doesn’t matter at all. Unless you want the academy or F/S player that was bid on, then your player will still be there when it gets pushed back one, two or even five picks. All it does is change what number the player you picked went at. Club still gets the player… Don’t know why everyone always cries about a pick being pushed back. (All we should whinge about is that it makes draft night way longer).

Last edited:
Lot of talk earlier in the season about players wanting to come to the Suns. Wonder if there will be any surprises. Glass half full.🤞
We’ve been told for years that there are supposedly players interested in coming up, but there has always been “reasons” it doesn’t happen.

I’m still slightly optimistic that with Hardwick on board we will see a push to get those specific players in that he can attract, but really I expect a rinse and repeat of the last 12 trade periods where we hear about ‘players’ only to focus on point accumulation. Who knows though, maybe this is the year we’re pleasantly surprised.

If i was Blair Hartley i would say only way Dan gets to the suns is 6 + 12 with #35 /#39 going back and would cover part of his salary.

Richmond will be looking to move up the ladder with the late picks and looks like will get another around 22 and will only use 5/6 picks max

Rioli is the player that would really tug on the Tiger faithful hearts and the club would be very reluctant to let him go cheaply.

We should sell 12 and 20 to get inside the top 10 and offer that to the tigs, if they say no then fine, keep a player that doesn’t want to be there and playing for the spoon and we will try again next year when his value has dropped further

Looks like the deal is off… Suns don’t hold pick 6 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back