2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

If Mac Andrew goes forward with King, and we assume Walter will also be up there long term, means we need to develop Ethan Read as a Key Back, or possibly draft in Luke Trainor.. I don't think Dimma is set on where Mac ends up but he's probably too good up forward to waste away at chb.

He sounds like he's still keen on luko so we'll see where that ends up, dimma likes players who can win a contest (fiorini, holman, kamdyn macintosh etc) on a wing, so i can't see him be pushed up there to play, maybe luko will give walter a spell but we've got 2 more games before the most important off season Damien Hardwick has ever had

If Mac Andrew goes forward with King, and we assume Walter will also be up there long term, means we need to develop Ethan Read as a Key Back, or possibly draft in Luke Trainor.. I don't think Dimma is set on where Mac ends up but he's probably too good up forward to waste away at chb.

He sounds like he's still keen on luko so we'll see where that ends up, dimma likes players who can win a contest (fiorini, holman, kamdyn macintosh etc) on a wing, so i can't see him be pushed up there to play, maybe luko will give walter a spell but we've got 2 more games before the most important off season Damien Hardwick has ever had
Was he just inflating trade value?
Dimma one of the best carsales men getting around.

Rioli for Luko straight swap? 👀

Rioli price going up today, been very good.

Teams who play v St kilda zone get the ross stat on stats i call it. Loads of chipping around and boosting the stats in the back half, not knocking Rioli but Richmonds plan atm is hand it to Short/Rioli and hope.

Side note i have mentioned i'll be melting on the forum when we trade for him as i don't want him haha.

Teams who play v St kilda zone get the ross stat on stats i call it. Loads of chipping around and boosting the stats in the back half, not knocking Rioli but Richmonds plan atm is hand it to Short/Rioli and hope.

Side note i have mentioned i'll be melting on the forum when we trade for him as i don't want him haha.
100% defenders rack them up vs St Kilda, been going on all year.

after Joel Jeffrey career game against the Saints.. Managed 120 fantasy points hasnt gone over 80 before that i managed to trade him lol. Now dropped

Dont buy into saints games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King to Dees?
Luko to Crows?
Hawks top 8 due to unwanted traded in players

Ben King won't leave. I am incredibly certain of it, he loves the GC, watching his brother get torn to shreads by the Vic media would of only reinforced his views.

King to Dees?
Luko to Crows?
Hawks top 8 due to unwanted traded in players

Fmd I need one of there jobs all you gotta do is chuck up random names from smaller clubs as trade “targets” with no facts and then call it an article

Ben hasn’t even played a game on his latest extension yet lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is from HS/Advertiser

Adelaide is making a bold play to bring South Australian Jack Lukosius home.
It is understood Crows coach Matthew Nicks met the 24-year-old swingman on the Gold Coast last week as the club attempts to pull off its third major recruiting raid in four years.

Lukosius, who was drafted from SANFL club Woodville-West Torrens with pick 2 at the 2018 AFL national draft, is contracted for two more seasons, but could be gettable after appearing to fall out of favour at the Suns.

The 195cm key utility was dropped from the Gold Coast team for last Saturday’s round 22 clash against Essendon for the first time in his 115-game, 77-goal career.

One of his key forward line replacements, Mac Andrew, kicked four goals, including the matchwinner after the final siren, while other key forwards Ben King (three goals) and Jed Walter (two) booted five majors between them.

Lukosius, though highly rated, could be available for trade as the Suns attempt to balance their books to bring triple premiership-winning Richmond playmaker Daniel Rioli to the club to reunite with his Tigers flag coach Damien Hardwick.

Rioli had a career-high 36 disposals against the Saints on Sunday and won’t come cheaply.

Lukosius, who has kicked 60 goals in the past two seasons for Gold Coast, has been on the Crows’ radar ever since he was drafted, but speculation has increased in recent weeks that he could become available in this year’s exchange period.

Former Adelaide and Geelong forward Josh Jenkins said on SEN last week that he believed Lukosius is “less than a 50 per cent chance” to be at the Suns next season.

Lukosius is believed to be happy on the Gold Coast and enjoys the laidback lifestyle of being a footballer in the Sunshine State.

He signed a four-year contract extension midway through 2022, saying “I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else”.

But after being moved all around the ground by Hardwick – and now being dropped –Lukosius, who has a preference to play forward, is almost certain to have questioned his position at the club.

Lukosius made things look easy at junior level and, at times, he still does – that laconic, yet text book, kicking action can be irresistible.

But he’s been called out for taking things too easy during his time on the Gold Coast, with Fox Footy’s David King taking aim at Lukosius’ defensive efforts last year.

“You know why he’s a whipping boy? Because he puts in efforts like this. This destroys any form of culture you have at your footy club,” King said of Lukosius’ decision not to chase Bomber Nic Martin in round 2.

“It makes me wonder: Is Jack the sickness or the cure? Is he there to correct this problem and take this club forward? He’s on big money and he’s been a high draft pick and all those things, but in the end, you act your way in and out of a footy club.

It’s that competitiveness that might make a potential suitor think twice.

But at 195cm, his skill set is rare.

“Jack’s a very special talent,” long-time AFL talent ambassador Kevin Sheehan said before that draft.

He wouldn’t command anything near the selection he was taken with, but it would be hard for both SA clubs not to be, at least, interested.

The Power’s list is in a very different spot, compared to its cross-town rival.

Does it need another lead-up forward alongside Todd Marshall? Probably not.

But add Lukosius’ strengths to any contender, and it probably makes them better, especially if you’re a contender that loses Dan Houston’s kicking off half-back, given he has been linked with a return back to Victoria.

With the Crows building its next-gen forward line around Riley Thilthorpe and Darcy Fogarty, Lukosius might be the icing on the cake as the third tall at West Lakes in the post-Taylor Walker era – whenever that comes.

Throw in potential father-son selection Tyler Welsh and Crows fans would be excited about the club’s attacking future.

But what’s the asking price?

Or, more poignantly, what is another club willing to pay?

It depends. Are you paying for the 24-year-old, 39-goal forward from 2023 or the guy dropped by a team out of the finals race?

As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder – in a footy sense.

Similar to the Rioli situation, the Suns won't let Luko walk unless it's over what he's worth.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would take a shift in thinking he isn't needed I would think. As it says there, he loves the lifestyle and laid back to being a footballer there.
Going back home or to a bigger club would put a lot more pressure and attention on him than he would like I would think.
But think it'll come down to where he thinks he fits in the team. That's something he'll need to talk to dimma about.

Unless he wants to play on the wing I don't think he is the combative KPF that Dimma would want.

Easily pushed out of position.

King, Walter and Mac all more physical and have an edge that Luko doesn't.

Don't mind losing him but must get something tangible in return.
King, Walter, Mac is the ideal forward group too really. A fast, lead up forward/an aggressive physical type and a unicorn 2nd ruck.

Luko will need to find another role imo. Needs to get very fit and play high half forward. Can he do it/does he want it enough?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back