Remove this Banner Ad

Have a crack
We have:
1-our location
2-our young talented list
3-out of the rather toxic VFL environment
4-Dimma
It’s a phone call
Number 4 is the unknown at this point. We've had the other three factors in the past, but this is Dimma's first genuine crack at an off season (it often takes 6-12 months to set these kinds of trades up) and if he makes a big splash by getting a player like Petracca to request a trade to us then we know we're cooking (pun intended). The timing of it all is curious - Petracca goes holidaying in Noosa with his partner, he then returns to training with the Dees and a week later the rumours come out that he's unhappy and wants to be traded.

What was the sequence of events that led to this? Did Dimma drive up the M1 to meet with Trac a week or two ago like he did with Rioli earlier this year and Dusty last year? We've got the currency to make it happen (three first rounders). Why couldn't it be us? I know people will say he's contracted to 2029, but Rioli is also contracted and it now looks like he's definitely going to request a trade to us.

It seems unlikely but like others have said, it's fun to entertain the idea.

Last edited:

Just watching the Suns replay - before the game they interviewed Hardwick and without being asked the first thing he wanted to say was that Davies was a big part of it and that he would be playing the rest of the season. Clearly wants to encourage him to sign up and be part of the future.

Just watching the Suns replay - before the game they interviewed Hardwick and without being asked the first thing he wanted to say was that Davies was a big part of it and that he would be playing the rest of the season. Clearly wants to encourage him to sign up and be part of the future.
Or pumping up the trade value?

Where does he find space for all these so called midfielders considering our main 4 go to 90% of CBA

Now Neal-Bullen wants out of the Dees as well. Something seriously stinks at Melbourne right now and the Petracca rumours are only going to intensify. I hope Dimma is working the phones and giving us every possible chance to land a top 5 talent like Trac.

They aren't natural forwards. They are both mids. Berry is an out and out gun small forward. We don't have any of those
They look to me more like small forwards, Papley type. A lot of pressure, speed. Can go to mid but long way to be regular mids if at all. I am pretty sure they will not play in the middle next year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now Neal-Bullen wants out of the Dees as well. Something seriously stinks at Melbourne right now and the Petracca rumours are only going to intensify. I hope Dimma is working the phones and giving us every possible chance to land a top 5 talent like Trac.

Goodwin to be sacked? 👀

They look to me more like small forwards, Papley type. A lot of pressure, speed. Can go to mid but long way to be regular mids if at all. I am pretty sure they will not play in the middle next year.
Rogers doesn't have a natural goal sense, is more a high half forward who uses the ball inside 50 and rotates through the middle. Leo is a midfielder, he can play as pressure forward and chases well but he is a midfielder at heart, it's his strength.
Berry is a Hardwick small forward, gets up and down the ground, provides a heap of pressure, great on the deck.
Every premiership team for the last 15 years has had good small forwards. We don't have any, we need more. It's also crucial to Hardwicks game plan.

I had to keep my numbers low.. to not make you walk all over me.. lol
He is prob next in line tbh along with Read.

Read and Walter you hold and develop into hopefully 1 day unicorns
Bloody hell. 2 more. You messed up my calculations. How about Clohesy? The future wing star?

Rogers doesn't have a natural goal sense, is more a high half forward who uses the ball inside 50 and rotates through the middle. Leo is a midfielder, he can play as pressure forward and chases well but he is a midfielder at heart, it's his strength.
Berry is a Hardwick small forward, gets up and down the ground, provides a heap of pressure, great on the deck.
Every premiership team for the last 15 years has had good small forwards. We don't have any, we need more. It's also crucial to Hardwicks game plan.
IMO, Rogers, Lombard fit Dimma's plan well - pressure, keep ball forward, forward chaos. Rogers does not have goal sense? Let's see next year.

IMO, Rogers, Lombard fit Dimma's plan well - pressure, keep ball forward, forward chaos. Rogers does not have goal sense? Let's see next year.
Berry kicks goals, we need some forward class, the ball hits the ground in our forward line and we have no-one who can collect it and score, maybe Mally but he is still incredibly inconsistent. Lombard and Rogers aren't going to be that player. Berry can. We should be drafting him. Why hope some midfielders can become a small forward when you can draft one. GWS have drafted small forwards in multiple drafts and their forward line is elite. Why try forcing a mid into a different role when you can draft an actual forward?

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back