2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been surprised port haven't been mentioned much re luko. Best mates the skipper, dixon and finlayson done, Marshall concussion issues concerning. They have cash, they are probably losing Houston and are throwing big $ at perryman and cumming. There's also rumblings of butters wanting back to Vic.
not to mention talk that Bergman intends to head back to vic just a matter of when.

What would everyone think of filling Clohsey’s opposite wing spot with Bailey Scott rather than a Fiorini and Holman type. Ex GC academy member and Broadbeach junior. Could suns bring him home?

Mentioned on gettable as having a 2yr offer in front of him for a while and no rush to sign.

What would everyone think of filling Clohsey’s opposite wing spot with Bailey Scott rather than a Fiorini and Holman type. Ex GC academy member and Broadbeach junior. Could suns bring him home?

Mentioned on gettable as having a 2yr offer in front of him for a while and no rush to sign.
I saw a North fan mention he is studying something that he needs to stay in Melbourne for - can't remember what it was, sounded like big brain stuff though.

I think getting a winger is dependant on whether we do in fact land Rioli.

If we do, then someone like Weller or Powell move up the ground, for example. If not, then we may need a longer term option for there instead of Holman... Someone like Scott is perfectly serviceable without being like “wow”. But an upgrade on our non-winger wingers.

Winger, small forward and/or halfback is a pretty big priority for our trade period.

I like Luko but I don't like him a million bucks.Wow!
You'd imagine the Club is "exploring its options"
It’s a beat up… When his deal was structured we just sorted out our salary cap so deals were being smoothed out. Yes his contract might be back ended but not to the value of a 1m.

The suns salary cap isn’t an issue at all which the media are making it out to be. So if he was to leave there won’t be any Bowes salary dump transaction. We don’t have to panic at all, if he leaves we will get fair market value.

Crows supporters can think we will pay half his wage or they will pay half his wage and we settle for a late future 2nd or 3rd rounder but it’s like a tooth fairy… all make believe

It’s a beat up… When his deal was structured we just sorted out our salary cap so deals were being smoothed out. Yes his contract might be back ended but not to the value of a 1m.

The suns salary cap isn’t an issue at all which the media are making it out to be. So if he was to leave there won’t be any Bowes salary dump transaction. We don’t have to panic at all, if he leaves we will get fair market value.

Crows supporters can think we will pay half his wage or they will pay half his wage and we settle for a late future 2nd or 3rd rounder but it’s like a tooth fairy… all make believe
Just like most of the stuff coming out of AFL heartland (media wise) atm....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fcac5bc03287f91455df9e6debc76897.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

fcac5bc03287f91455df9e6debc76897.jpg

Power captain Rozee is out here publicly stating he will talk to his best mate Luko about the move.

Cmon Touk do some recruiting. Get old mate Petracca on the phone.
If you want any hope if lifting the cup you better pick up that phone!

Maurice Rioli Jr has extended at tigers. Richmond fans seem to think Daniel Rioli wouldn’t leave him (which I think is a lil bit weird for a couple of grown men) wonder if it means anything…?

Suns take hard line on omitted tall​

“Look, this time of year there’s always speculation, isn’t there? From our point of view, he’s a required player,” Hardwick said on Thursday.

“The thing (is), some of that’s on Jack, some of that’s on me, we’ve just got to figure out how to utilise him.

“He’s an incredibly talented player that I feel I haven’t got the best out of him yet, so we’ve got to sit down and figure out what that looks like, and that’s on me, first and foremost as a coach.”

Hardwick said the pair had a “really good relationship” and Lukosius had been honest with him about where he felt he was best suited.

“(Lukosius) has some areas of his game he needs to improve, but the fact is so does every other player within the AFL, so we’ll get back and make sure he becomes a very valuable player for us in the coming weeks,” Hardwick said.

“From my point of view, what I know is he’s a highly talented player who’s got an incredible skill set.

“We’ve got a really good relationship, he’s a terrific young man.”

Hardwick said he had no concerns about clubs planning raids on his young, talented players.

“The positive is we’re getting a lot of players ringing us as well, which is an exciting thing to say,” he said.

“One thing we do know is our club is young and emerging, but I think we’re also on the verge of becoming a destination club as well.

“Clubs will always come at our players, but first and foremost we feel we’re going to become a destination club not too far from the distant future.”
Hardwick said he would keep Mac Andrew forward in Saturday’s home game against Melbourne after seven goals in two weeks, including his matchwinning finish after the siren against Essendon.

“He’ll stay forward this week – we’re really enjoying what he gives, with his athleticism, his height … what it does is because he’s such an athletic tall, it makes (Ben King) a little bit of a better player because sides can’t sort of drop off and get in front of his space,” Hardwick said.

“Obviously, it will be a different challenge this week … one thing the Dees do very well is they defend that back part of the grid very well.”

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back