2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Can confirm.

His recent trip to the GC (like two weeks ago) was to do a medical with your mob. Have had it confirmed now by two separate sources.

Lets wait and see what pans out.
I like in Mermaid and saw Bailey at the weekend in Nobby Beach with a girl heading to the beach. Trends to very much enjoy his time on the GC.

Bailey smith and Rioli are exactly what we need a fast outside mid who uses the ball well to compliment our stock pile of inside mids and a dashing line breaker half back who hits targets
But we are still the Gold Coast suns so we will end up getting neither of them and giving pick 11 for Jack Petruccelle
Bailey Smith does not use the ball well. He is one of the worst kicks in the AFL.

Bailey Smith does not use the ball well. He is one of the worst kicks in the AFL.
Alvaro Morte Wow GIF by HBO ASIA

Bazlenka is licking his lips, so many new instagram/tiktok followers to be unlocked >> some cheap property near geelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, never mind who is coming in—that’s just a way to get disappointed! 😉

Who are we sending out?

Obviously we may lose a few players e.g. Luko.

But I’m thinking of depth players (including some still contracted).

We have a lot on our list who don’t play senior football. How many of those VFL premiership players can we let go? Who gets cut from:

Lemmens
Sexton
Faulkhead
MacPherson
Tsitas
Brock
Rowlands
Fiorini
Holman
Casboult
Day
Mahoney
Oea

Who are we sending out?

We have a lot on our list who don’t play senior football. How many of those VFL premiership players can we let go? Who gets cut from:

Lemmens
Sexton
Faulkhead
MacPherson
Tsitas
Brock
Rowlands
Fiorini
Holman
Casboult
Day
Mahoney
Oea

Lemmens - stays

Sexton - stays

Faulkhead - gone

MacPherson - gone

Tsitas - gone

Brock - gone

Rowlands - stays

Fiorini - traded

Holman - stays

Casboult - gone

Day - stays

Mahoney - gone

Oea - gone

I think from that list sexton, fiorini, holman, Lemmens and day are good depth players. Does day want another year in the reserves to help out the younger forwards? Who knows. The rest arent worth a spot in my opinion.

Lemmens - stays

Sexton - stays

Faulkhead - gone

MacPherson - gone

Tsitas - gone

Brock - gone

Rowlands - stays

Fiorini - traded

Holman - stays

Casboult - gone

Day - stays

Mahoney - gone

Oea - gone
I have a similar list. Fiorini for me is a likely trade if a party wants him.

Ace is a decent enough VFL player, but I think he has reached his peak. Same for Tsitas.

Perhaps Rowlands might be worth another year, as you said. I think it’s worth two years for any rookie we take to see if they make it.

So basically we might be very busy getting depth players in this off-season. Or doing academy top-up with late picks. Some players might stay for cheap VFL depth, which I am fine with.

I still think a winning seconds team with mature bodies is still a good strategy to protect younger kids while they develop.

I have a similar list. Fiorini for me is a likely trade if a party wants him.

Ace is a decent enough VFL player, but I think he has reached his peak. Same for Tsitas.

Perhaps Rowlands might be worth another year, as you said. I think it’s worth two years for any rookie we take to see if they make it.

So basically we might be very busy getting depth players in this off-season. Or doing academy top-up with late picks. Some players might stay for cheap VFL depth, which I am fine with.

I still think a winning seconds team with mature bodies is still a good strategy to protect younger kids while they develop.
It also depends on if we can still have extended list.

It also depends on if we can still have extended list.
True. You’d think not. So there are a couple extra cut to make if that is the case.

But if we lose those list spots I think we need to take on VFL only players, like other clubs do. Can’t field a team of kids and top-up players each week at VFL level. That’s no way to develop.

Who are we sending out?

Lemmens
Sexton
Faulkhead
MacPherson
Tsitas
Brock
Rowlands
Fiorini
Holman
Casboult
Day
Mahoney
Oea
Wasn’t there rumours of clubs looking at Davies?

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back