2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Luko straight swap for rachelle who says no? Although I still think luko goes to Port.
Hard to see Port being so active moving Houston out bringing in Cumming, Perryman, J Richards & whatever else without an actual first rounder

Thought someone even Cal? said his deal was heavily back ended and closer to the 7 figure's
Hence needing to pay upwards to get him across.
It could be back-ended. But Cal suggested the million would be the pay rise to get him to break his contract.

A club could smooth that out over their deal though.

Not sure how I feel about Luko potentially going, but guess we should assess all options.

I seriously rate Rachele.When people started talking about him I thought it was trolling.Would Adelaide really let him go?We are the tyre pumpers for player agents though.GC will offer market +25% all day long which agents can then table in contract negotiations without any real intention of coming here.I often wonder whether our Glorious Leaders understand they're being breadcrumbed

I seriously rate Rachele.When people started talking about him I thought it was trolling.Would Adelaide really let him go?We are the tyre pumpers for player agents though.GC will offer market +25% all day long which agents can then table in contract negotiations without any real intention of coming here.I often wonder whether our Glorious Leaders understand they're being breadcrumbed

Seems even the crows players ain’t keen on him….
Cheap cheap cheap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 way trade between Adelaide - GC - Richmond
(Crows pay entirety of Lukosius' contract)

Crows Out - 2025 1st Round Pick
Crows In - Lukosius, GC 2024 1st Round Pick 20 (currently tied to NM)

GC Out - Lukosius, 2024 1st Rd Pick 13, 2024 1st Round Pick 20
GC In - Rioli

Richmond Out - Rioli
Richmond In - GC 2024 1st Round Pick 13, 2025 1st rd Pick (tied to Crows)

Gets Richmond another pick this year and next year, before Tassie concessions come in.

Also helps GC by keeping them early in the draft to get a selection in before a Lombard bid. Also offloads Luko contract which helps in getting Rioli.

Helps Crows in getting Lukosius, and keeps us late in the 1st round this year for perhaps a bid on Dodson...

GC In - Rioli

Richmond Out - Rioli

Gets Richmond another pick this year and next year, before Tassie concessions come in.

Also helps GC by keeping them early in the draft to get a selection in before a Lombard bid. Also offloads Luko contract which helps in getting Rioli.

Helps Crows in getting Lukosius, and keeps us late in the 1st round this year for perhaps a bid on Dodson...

We arent giving Luko and 2 firsts for Rioli. That is one of the worst trades I've seen

GC In - Rioli

Richmond Out - Rioli

Won’t Adelaide take on luko’s salary regardless ? Why do we need to give a pick? It’s not a salary dump

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

GC In - Rioli

Richmond Out - Rioli

What do you see GC giving up for Rioli?
I know it’s never easy to get a balanced trade and everyone leans towards their club getting a favourable outcome, but this is way way way off the mark.
For a start you’re assuming the Suns want to off load Lukos contract, there is no evidence for this.
It started when Twomey stated it would take a contract getting toward $1m to secure Luko, people took this as he must be on something like that and ran with it on your board, somehow making it fact. Our books are balanced after the Bowes disastrous salary dump
We could secure Rioli with 13 and 20 without involving the Crows at all, in fact this is would be an overpay.
In your scenario the Crows give up basically nothing and the Suns have to take the risk that you don’t dramatically improve, it doesn’t make sense for us.

Maybe ask yourself if you would accept something similar for Rachelle if baseless rumour was used as the main reason to take unders.
For example Rachelle is dropped due to behavioural issues, other clubs say he’s not wanted as he was dropped, is out of favour, late 2nd rounder. Would you think that the logic stacked up and the price was right, I think we both know the answer

Last edited:

GC In - Rioli

Richmond Out - Rioli

More likely

Crows out: pick 4
Crows in: Lukosius

Suns out: Lukosius
Suns in: pick 4

Our cap is fine, as has been reported by many sources.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back