2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Luko for rankine and Dawson I heard Riccuito said it was a done deal, I had pasta with his Nonna. Beautiful Ragu

Richmond said they feel bad about taking Josh Caddy so Dan Rioli will be traded for a 4th rounder. source: Josh Caddy, played golf with him yesterday, nice little Eagle on hole 12.

Suns get Rankine Dawson Rioli,

Give up Luko and 4th rounder

#SOIMTOLD

I know it’s never easy to get a balanced trade and everyone leans towards their club getting a favourable outcome, but this is way way way off the mark.
For a start you’re assuming the Suns want to off load Lukos contract, there is no evidence for this.
It started when Twomey stated it would take a contract getting toward $1m to secure Luko, people took this as he must be on something like that and ran with it on your board, somehow making it fact. Our books are balanced after the Bowes disastrous salary dump
We could secure Rioli with 13 and 20 without involving the Crows at all, in fact this is would be an overpay.
In your scenario the Crows give up basically nothing and the Suns have to take the risk that you don’t dramatically improve, it doesn’t make sense for us.

Maybe ask yourself if you would accept something similar for Rachelle if baseless rumour was used as the main reason to take unders.
For example Rachelle is dropped due to behavioural issues, other clubs say he’s not wanted as he was dropped, is out of favour, late 2nd rounder. Would you think that the logic stacked up and the price was right, I think we both know the answer

So you're saying that GC would be happy to pay Luko's salary and for him to potentially sit in the VFL for 2 years? I know Hardwick is saying he's valued, but come on the reality is showing as something entirely different.

Rachelle is one of the worst examples to use as a comparison, I don't even know where to start..

If you're bringing Rioli in you're absolutely going to want to clear some salary cap space. Your team is littered with talent that needs to be recontracted. Take the emotion out of it and getting rid of Luko makes sense.

So you're saying that GC would be happy to pay Luko's salary and for him to potentially sit in the VFL for 2 years? I know Hardwick is saying he's valued, but come on the reality is showing as something entirely different.

Rachelle is one of the worst examples to use as a comparison, I don't even know where to start..

If you're bringing Rioli in you're absolutely going to want to clear some salary cap space. Your team is littered with talent that needs to be recontracted. Take the emotion out of it and getting rid of Luko makes sense.
We’ve been playing Sexton Day McPherson Graham Brodie and Wright among others all in seconds for years at a time on good coin.

This is nothing new to us.

Luko won’t be running around in the seconds… he is a pure bred. He just needed a lap around to get his confidence back.

2 years back he was top 5 from metres gained played defence and for intercept marking…
There’s a spot there for him at either end of the ground when he puts his mind to it

If he is a VFL player why are the crows so keen to pick him up then?

ok, I’ll start…

Rochelle has publicly gone on record saying he’d rather play midfield, but is used as a forward more often.

Luko has gone on record saying he’d rather be a forward than a defender, when that is where Harwick played him.

Rachelle was recently dropped for a match due to disciplinary reasons and—to be honest—being weak at the contest.

Luko was dropped for a match for being weak at the contest.

Both are top picks at their club who are inconsistent but clearly high end talent.

Rachelle has also antagonised the coach through his comments, or at least alluded to clear disagreement with his coach. He has been in and out of the media all year for his actions and words.

Luko, to my knowledge, has not.

Similar enough for a casual comparison, I’d say.

Last edited:
Hugh Greenwood has retired. maybe we can get him out of retirement...

giphy.gif

I gave you clear examples and you have come back with nothing more than speculation, yet say I need to take emotion out of it, seriously! surely you can see your whole trade proposal and reasoning is entirely emotion based

I will try one last time to help you out, the facts are as I am sure you would concede
1. you know nothing of our salary cap, 2. Lukos contract or standing with the club,
3. our ability to pay Rioli or if indeed he is even coming.
4. The coach has stated he is a required player
5. He is contracted historically it costs the club wanting to acquire a contracted player over the market value
6. You have no certainty that Luko will ask for a trade or indeed select the Crows if he does

FWIW, Luko has played 20 of 22 games he has been available for, hardly “languishing” in the reserves.

More than happy to have the discussion and you are welcome on our board, just talk facts not emotional speculation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luko met with port

So whatever Port gets from Houston compo really

Wish we could land Miles Bergman, would be a good swap

Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed with Luko. Never missed a game in 6 years and then gets ansty when you get dropped once in your career, rather than fight for your spot, you go and seek elsewhere.

There was never any indication he didn't want to be there, or was home sick. so feels a bit..precious.

Even if we decided that maybe we'd be better off moving him on, it wouldn't be at the fire sale price you're suggesting.

He's contracted, and we don't need to trade him, so if you want him, you need to make a GOOD offer.

Could be a blessing in disguise if he left really

24 year old and free agent soon , If he left in 2 years when Suns are top 4-6 you get a pick 15/16
compared to a top 5/6 now and salary cap relief

If he wants to go let him leave , Has not lived up to draft expectations

Must be 60/40
Luko to leave…

Port have no first Rd picks 🤯
View attachment 2087984
If he goes he goes, it’s the clubs job to maximise the return on a multi year contracted player. If they can get a pick around 10-12 then bundle it with 13 for Rioli, take 5 to the draft and 20 on matching Leo

In Rioli
Leo
Player at pick 5 ( 5 players listed as potential no 1 this year)

Out Luko

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back