2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

If Luko goes and it will be a strong hand for us because the two SA clubs will have to bid overs to get him, do we need another forward to replace him? Who is gettable?

Every club sees the Suns as an easy touch that will overpay, and frankly there’s nobody to blame but the contracts management/trade team at the Suns. They have consistently made howler decisions that have provided a narrative that all clubs now start negotiations with “well you gave Bowes and pick 7 for some magic beans so we want the world for insert average player here”

The only way that changes is if we say GAGF, unfortunately there is no evidence for us doing that

View attachment 2093724I'm gonna be sick. Better be something very nice coming with him.
Twomey said on Gettable last week he though 6 was overs for Rioli. Don't stress every tweet from these journo's.

Most likely whoever his source at Richmond is asked him to put it out there. It's how he gets his draft info, doing these sort of stories/tweets.

Last edited:
We have a nucleus of a great side here. We have a great spine, a midfield that should get better, we are just missing some extra pieces on the outside and in the forward line. What is another 18yo midfielder going to do for us next year? Spend 2 years playing VFL? I for one am sick to death of pinning our hopes on 18yos when we have a chance to get better instantly.

Twomey said on Gettable last week he though 6 was overs for Rioli. Don't stress every tweet from these journo's.

Most likely whoever his source at Richmond is probably asked him to put it out there. It's how he gets his draft info, doing these sort of stories/tweets.
I disagree, Cal i believe to be of integrity and if he tweets 6 is floated by gc then that's what he'll tweet, and more times than not, that's what happens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every club sees the Suns as an easy touch that will overpay, and frankly there’s nobody to blame but the contracts management/trade team at the Suns. They have consistently made howler decisions that have provided a narrative that all clubs now start negotiations with “well you gave Bowes and pick 7 for some magic beans so we want the world for insert average player here”

The only way that changes is if we say GAGF, unfortunately there is no evidence for us doing that
Rioli and Noble are under contract. We will overpay. If you hope Dimma will make difference I suspect you will be disappointed. Let’s see but I don’t see us walking away.

We have a nucleus of a great side here. We have a great spine, a midfield that should get better, we are just missing some extra pieces on the outside and in the forward line. What is another 18yo midfielder going to do for us next year? Spend 2 years playing VFL? I for one am sick to death of pinning our hopes on 18yos when we have a chance to get better instantly.
I have had doubts over our midfield for most of this seaon, if rowell is beaten we lose, when teams get a run on we crumble, I'm not sure if we're good enough in there and as the season went on those concerns grew, which is the worrying part.

We're 13th, we're not just outside the finals, so we need to improve 5 ladder spots just to make finals. I don't know how we're going to do it by giving away assets like pick 6 when we have 2 other 1st round picks who will come after the Lombard bid

I disagree, Cal i believe to be of integrity and if he tweets 6 is floated by gc then that's what he'll tweet, and more times than not, that's what happens
It's not a question of integrity, it's simply how journalists get their info.

He's changed his story/opinion since last week.

I have had doubts over our midfield for most of this seaon, if rowell is beaten we lose, when teams get a run on we crumble, I'm not sure if we're good enough in there and as the season went on those concerns grew, which is the worrying part.

We're 13th, we're not just outside the finals, so we need to improve 5 ladder spots just to make finals. I don't know how we're going to do it by giving away assets like pick 6 when we have 2 other 1st round picks who will come after the Lombard bid

We are going to do it by obtaining ready made players (which unfortunately cost picks)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Riley Bonner i would rookie draft

Riley Bonner i would rookie draft

Haha don’t bother with Bonner, dunno how he played all year. No footy IQ

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back