2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Any ideas what it'd take to secure Rosas?

I remember when we played you last year in Darwin he was a bit of handful

Quite a few posters on our board were bullish on him as well prior to the Darwin being included in your catchment

Yeah, I understand it, but really don’t like kicking out our only small forward with any goal sense and pressure when we struggle so much to score and such a big part of the gameplan is supposedly crumbing goals.

He must’ve really rubbed the staff the wrong way with his response to his actions across the year. Would still rather we work through it with a talented player rather than kick them to the curb at first opportunity though.

Both Luko and Rosa's are in contract.

Sometimes when players are disgruntled you can send them out to test their market value. Either they can find a team that is super keen and are prepared to offer a reasonable deal to trade for them or it shows maybe they are not worth as much as they think and we can keep them and it hopefully motivates them to do better for their career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Malcolm Rosas mum on FB

06a97e67fc33e3d93fb08b76b48ecd6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Someone said... this year was about Dimma seeing what he has on the list. For going into 2025, feels like him making his mark on what he wants HIS team to be.
Happens to all new coaches. They start to form their own team.
Gotta get the balance between the team he wants and the team he signed up to coach.

Coaches often swing the axe like crazy and get rid of perfectly good players, just because.

Still, I want to see big moves. What we’ve done hasn’t got us anywhere fast enough to matter in the past.

Gotta get the balance between the team he wants and the team he signed up to coach.

Coaches often swing the axe like crazy and get rid of perfectly good players, just because.

Still, I want to see big moves. What we’ve done hasn’t got us anywhere fast enough to matter in the past.
Oh I know. Sometimes they get too trigger happy.
Bucks split up a premiership team back in 2012, and it took years to recover.
I agree there needs to be a balance. Can't upset the apple cart too quickly.

View attachment 2095039

Look at the games versus the goals…

How and why Rosas.
You take away Luko and Rosa’s we are 35goals down already 🤯
Yeah. For too long Gold Coast has not valued scoring goals.

I’ve always said that scoring goals is the best form of pressure. We can try and launch it forward and win the context and tackle hard etc. etc. but without goals it doesn’t really matter much.

But I’ll wait to see how it all pans out. I’d be sad to see him go. Think he has speed and class in the forward 50.

But he’s under contract, right. Bombers have to cough up. That’s what I’m hearing happens if a player is under contract, right?

Malcolm Rosas mum on FB

06a97e67fc33e3d93fb08b76b48ecd6c.jpg

Yes she must be wrapped if he goes to the Bombers, after all it not like they have ever done anything controversial around their player health, just as a non specific example

Last edited:
Yeah. For too long Gold Coast has not valued scoring goals.

I’ve always said that scoring goals is the best form of pressure. We can try and launch it forward and win the context and tackle hard etc. etc. but without goals it doesn’t really matter much.

But I’ll wait to see how it all pans out. I’d be sad to see him go. Think he has speed and class in the forward 50.

But he’s under contract, right. Bombers have to cough up. That’s what I’m hearing happens if a player is under contract, right?
Not when we are kicking him out, haha. This has 3rd round pick written all over it.

[emoji[emoji6]][emoji6][emoji6]" data-quote="Jirik" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Not when we are kicking him out, haha.

I’m not sure we are kicking him out though. Based on his mother’s comments on Facebook he was planning on leaving…

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back