2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Malcolm Rosas mum on FB

06a97e67fc33e3d93fb08b76b48ecd6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Lmao what post is this on?

Im so confused about the Lombard thing. Cal just hates him. Dropped him after winning the 18s medal and then kicking 3 goals in the vfl 2 weeks later

Jasper (espn mock) is where I’d have him. But I think the bid will come at about 8-10 range. I don’t understand some being so cold on him (late teens)

If we can hold pick 6 and get Rioli. I do think trading pick 6 for future picks is the right thing to do. I’d rather try get as many of Uwland, Patterson, Addinsall, Murray as possible. Over a different draftee from out of state this year who ask to go home in the future
Man I think you’ve hit this Lombard thing right on the money. Ever since Cal dropped him outside the top 10, everyone else has done the same (apart from ESPN). My mate thinks it’s a tactical thing from Cal to help the suns but it’s disrespectful to Leo.

He’s a gun who’s been playing VFL the past two seasons and even won the larke medal. People say he’s too small but he’s literally the same size as Levi Ashcroft?? Also, his disposals are class! He will be such a big factor for the suns next season

Man I think you’ve hit this Lombard thing right on the money. Ever since Cal dropped him outside the top 10, everyone else has done the same (apart from ESPN). My mate thinks it’s a tactical thing from Cal to help the suns but it’s disrespectful to Leo.

He’s a gun who’s been playing VFL the past two seasons and even won the larke medal. People say he’s too small but he’s literally the same size as Levi Ashcroft?? Also, his disposals are class! He will be such a big factor for the suns next season
There is a perceived large amount of depth in Victorian players this year. There was less last year. That makes all the difference to some of these rankings, because Cal bases it off his own views but also what he hears from clubs.

In 2023, if the Allies didn’t win, our academy kids wouldn’t be as high. That’s why they all booted up, where initially it was only Jed who people had heard about.

I expect to hear about delistings today.
as in you hope to or you know they will announce them? There are a lot of players OOC so will be ineteresting if they hold them back until the end of trade period to see who comes and who goes or they tell them up front who is not being offered a new deal

Rosas moving on would surely be about the number of shirked contests this year (esp. given the small number of games).

He would have been given room for improvement, but if you watch that last quarter against the Eagles there was one that was egregious when the game was right in the balance. Just not putting his body in the line of fire when it was needed. Cards marked right then, I suspect.

On the other hand, when he had the ball he was very dangerous and can generate goals.

A bit like Luko. Lots of strengths and capable of top level stuff, but also flaky with a lack of physical contest given the number of years in the system

How many serious teams have regular best 22 players that are both a bit flaky plus a bit weak in the contest? Strongly suggest none.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rosas moving on would surely be about the number of shirked contests this year (esp. given the small number of games).

He would have been given room for improvement, but if you watch that last quarter against the Eagles there was one that was egregious when the game was right in the balance. Just not putting his body in the line of fire when it was needed. Cards marked right then, I suspect.

On the other hand, when he had the ball he was very dangerous and can generate goals.

A bit like Luko. Lots of strengths and capable of top level stuff, but also flaky with a lack of physical contest given the number of years in the system

How many serious teams have regular best 22 players that are both a bit flaky plus a bit weak in the contest? Strongly suggest none.
I think you have nailed it Stroppy, Dimma has no stomach for shirkers even overcompensating for guys like Berry who is tough and hard but doesn't really add any thing when he gets the ball which is pretty rare
Weller, Sexton, Day, Lukosius and Rosas definitely fall into this category of lacking any physicality (Sexton is able to fake it enough to get this far but he hates the rough stuff) I am stunned that Rosas is on the outs there must be more to it because he was potentially our Cyril
I think Davies is good BUT when you really watch him he is tough, tackles and is unafraid but I always feel like he isn't damaging when he gets it - when you see a guy like Will Graham, Bodhi, Humphrey (when he is in form) and Clohesy they look for the contact and then usually win the contest and are able to do something positive with the ball I reckon if Lukosius could have become a good contested overhead mark his weakness in one on ones would be overlooked but really right now he is a cherry picker and can only be effective if he is fed the ball uncontested - Lukosius would be incredible in a top 4 team that rebounds quickly and can feed it to him in space his skill set doesn't work in a team that needs to win ugly and pull some late wins out of the fire with inspired one on ones to turn the tide Wrong guy at the wrong time for us
The other question over Lukosius is why have our guys consistently passed him by when he is open, the case in point when Touk passed to Long in the goal square who was the percentage option Lukosius was 40m out on his own and when he was burned blew up at Touk even after seeing Longy with it 15 mtrs out for a certain goal. That clearly shows a guy more interested in his own stats and ego than what's best for the team doesn't it? Lukosius is also a head case from set shots and has missed a lot when we really needed him to score like Ainsworth has
I feel like we need to see the entire picture of who goes BUT who comes in to assess these decisions I am betting there are more players to come yet that have been in the works all year

plus the suspension and when he was subbed on for the game we should have won he played like shit fumbling every opportunity - can't remember who it was against Doesn't detract from the times when has been electric though when he is on he is awesome always thought with the right development he could be an absolute gun

Think that is a bit rich , know there were a couple of talented academy kids that got shafted when the Suns were told to take Rosas. From what I am told he got a bit of a free ride into the Rep teams when he was younger too
always goes "Jerry Springer" when the folks get involved on socials..........god how priceless was it when Scrimshaw's Dad got on here getting all militant about his son, talk about take a knife to a gunfight

The other question over Lukosius is why have our guys consistently passed him by when he is open, the case in point when Touk passed to Long in the goal square who was the percentage option Lukosius was 40m out on his own and when he was burned blew up at Touk even after seeing Longy with it 15 mtrs out for a certain goal. That clearly shows a guy more interested in his own stats and ego than what's best for the team doesn't it? Lukosius is also a head case from set shots and has missed a lot when we really needed him to score like Ainsworth has
I actually see it quite differently. Miller deserved spray. Luko is a smart player and clearly can see better options not being used.

IMO, Miller kicking it to Long into 1v1 contest illustrates our main issue. We are 2nd best for inside 50s but the worst for converting inside 50 opportunities. Miller should kick it to Luko. Much better option, higher percentage. He was lucky the kick was good and Long won the contest. He should do exactly what Rogers did later when he run towards 50 and kicked it to Graham for easy 35m direct set shot. That's why Rogers will be so valuable for us. He does not have blinkers on like Anderson, and other midfielders have when kicking inside 50.

Luko being ignored, I would say 5+ per game in good positions just again shows how long way we have to go in improving connections/deliveries. So many times players have a teammate running next to them through the middle only for the ball to be kicked randomly inside 50.

Last edited:
Luko and Rosas out
Rioli and Noble in

Net loss
Potentially Davies Luko and Rosas out
Rioli and Noble in
Only makes sense when we see who else they bring in, otherwise yes we go backwards, although if we have a really potent fast rebounding backline things will be far better
In Dimma we trust to pull out some more big "Ins"

always goes "Jerry Springer" when the folks get involved on socials..........god how priceless was it when Scrimshaw's Dad got on here getting all militant about his son, talk about take a knife to a gunfight
From what I am told Rosas is a good kid, maybe getting bad advice from somewhere after being dropped

I actually see it quite differently. Miller deserved spray. Luko is a smart player and clearly can see better options not being used.

Luko being ignored, I would say 5+ per game in good positions just again shows how long way we have to go in improving connections/deliveries. So many times players have a teammate running next to them through the middle only for the ball to be kicked randomly inside 50.
I certainly agree with this. All year it was a ball use problem. And half the reason it was, due to blasting the ball long. First crack showed Brisbane doing it also

Watch Geelong mids just spot up those guys on a lead and in good positions every time, it’s smart football

Of course Luko has to improve in some areas. But the things he’s good at just get ignored on field

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back