2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW Evans told me Heeney was keen two years ago ( as I have mentioned previously) but I honestly think he was using us to bump up his price with the Swans.
Yeah. I remember that. Signed a long term deal with Swans too right after.

Lots of players do that. And it gets our poor hopes up haha

Yeah. I remember that. Signed a long term deal with Swans too right after.

Lots of players do that. And it gets our poor hopes up haha
He’s signed on until 2028 that’s why I find it hard to believe he will come here or that the swans will willingly let one of their best players go. I know he’s had previous interest in joining us but it’s amounted to nothing thus far. If there’s a way we can make it happen though we definitely should.

That never happens
Like never ever
Only guy that does that is Tex Walker so Adelaide are always forced to give him another year

It’s happens less often than people think. But I wouldn’t say never

The famous one being Dean Towers saying he had all the offers from Vic clubs and Swans left him walk. Next thing you know he’s playing country footy in his mid 20s

Only guy that does that is Tex Walker so Adelaide are always forced to give him another year

It’s happens less often than people think. But I wouldn’t say never

The famous one being Dean Towers saying he had all the offers from Vic clubs and Swans left him walk. Next thing you know he’s playing country footy in his mid 20s
I really need that sarcastica font
Player managers have been using the Suns 25% markup as leverage in new contracts for years

Last edited:
Agree.....how could that possibly not be true ;)
Skav and Dangerfield:p
There was probably a kernel of truth there
If you're a player manager and you want a deal why wouldn't you ring the Suns?
You know we're offering overs
At that stage we were offering 5yr deals and 800k to anyone who'd polled a vote in the Brownlow
I'm not super negative on the Lachie Weller trade but I don't think any other Club would have done that
I do think the wheel is turning though
Victorian Clubs seeing high end talent from the Academy overjoyed to be picked up by us.
Even Dimma coming here
Moyle signing on
Benny Ainsworth
I have no doubt Nosey will stay as well as Mac
I worry a bit about Buzz but every Club loses someone at some stage

Bailey Smith has requested a trade and not nominated a club yet.

That gives some life to old mates the Western Skav’s rumour again.

Bailey Smith has requested a trade and not nominated a club yet.

That gives some life to old mates the Western Skav’s rumour again.
He probably can’t nominate his preferred club Geelong yet as they’re still in the finals. If it was us it would’ve been announced like the Rioli and Noble ones were once their respective clubs were out of finals contention.

He probably can’t nominate his preferred club Geelong yet as they’re still in the finals. If it was us it would’ve been announced like the Rioli and Noble ones were once their respective clubs were out of finals contention.
Thanks I probably should delete my post then.
But I’ll leave it there anyway.

Hey Sunnies, think you guys will have a good season next year, the core is solid, particularly that MF.

Have you guys heard anything about Alex Davies being linked to Geelong? Is he a good player or someone Suns don't want to lose? Would he fit in at Geelong? Know nothing about him so interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting choice of tie for Jack

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Attachments

• IMG_0589.JPG
    IMG_0589.JPG
    237 KB · Views: 87
Interesting choice of tie for Jack

Why does the red look like maroon here so he has a gf? Looks like she is from GC. How would she feel to move to SA haha

7503414874423749744391a9aaef9a34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is why he won’t nominate Cats. Going to be very hard.

Attachments

• IMG_1220.jpeg
    IMG_1220.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 84
[emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6]" data-quote="Supersuns" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Everyone is wearing one

Yeah I did notice that after haha. I’m waiting to see if it’s compulsory or just that group though…

[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-quote="Jen[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
I assume its compulsory to wear club colours ties for Bnf.

It hasn’t been previously

SUN TO STAY​

GOLD Coast midfielder Alex Davies has turned his back on interest in Victoria to remain with the Suns.

Collingwood and Geelong had expressed interested in the 22-year-old inside bull, but the Suns' Academy graduate has opted to re-sign with Gold Coast.

Davies has played 32 games for the Queensland club since joining the AFL list at the end of 2020, producing some of his best performances yet in the closing weeks of 2024 under new coach Damien Hardwick.

With Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson and Touk Miller in Gold Coast's engine room, Davies has struggled for regular opportunities at AFL level, but has committed to staying and will finalise a two-year extension in the coming days.

SUN TO STAY​

GOLD Coast midfielder Alex Davies has turned his back on interest in Victoria to remain with the Suns.

Collingwood and Geelong had expressed interested in the 22-year-old inside bull, but the Suns' Academy graduate has opted to re-sign with Gold Coast.

Davies has played 32 games for the Queensland club since joining the AFL list at the end of 2020, producing some of his best performances yet in the closing weeks of 2024 under new coach Damien Hardwick.

With Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson and Touk Miller in Gold Coast's engine room, Davies has struggled for regular opportunities at AFL level, but has committed to staying and will finalise a two-year extension in the coming days.
Dimma's magic. Now make space for him in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back