2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Himmelberg won’t play but is good flexibility for both ends.

Slight upgrade on Chris Burgess
Saw the Himmelberg rumors. As a completely free hit, he can help in ruck and in a contract year, he tends to hold a few marks and kick a few goals, there are worse out there but we are shot for list spots and need to lose a few players and he looks like one of them..good luck

Saw the Himmelberg rumors. As a completely free hit, he can help in ruck and in a contract year, he tends to hold a few marks and kick a few goals, there are worse out there but we are shot for list spots and need to lose a few players and he looks like one of them..good luck

6 years younger than Day & Casboult. Real free hit. Future 4th prob gets it done.

6 years younger than Day & Casboult. Real free hit. Future 4th prob gets it done.
I mean, I love it when other clubs would want to give us stuff for free, but no, he is an unrestricted free agent and can walk to you guys if you want him for nothing (unless you are feeling generous as a club and pay him enough to trigger band 5 compo:praying:)

I mean, I love it when other clubs would want to give us stuff for free, but no, he is an unrestricted free agent and can walk to you guys if you want him for nothing (unless you are feeling generous as a club and pay him enough to trigger band 5 compo:praying:)

Ah yep thanks for that

Pick 6, that’s our final offer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any paywall article you can link Jen?

Dustin Martin in talks with Gold Coast over continuing his AFL career​

Dustin Martin has held talks about continuing his AFL career under his premiership coach Damien Hardwick on the Gold Coast. MARK ROBINSON has exclusive details.
Mark RobinsonMark Robinson

@Robbo_heraldsun

less than 2 min read
September 13, 2024 - 1:44PM
News Sport Network
https://archive.md/22fMP#share-tools
05be4de786195ff33c495dbdc46fa59f9e73e51a.jpg

AFL: Tigers and AFL legend Dustin Martin took to the field to farewell the Tigers faithful at the MCG.
Dustin Martin has met Gold Coast coach Damien Hardwick in the post-season, intensifying speculation one of the game’s greats is set to join the Suns for the 2025 season.
Martin, 33, would become a Suns player as a free agent.
The shock development that Martin is leaning towards continuing his AFL career has grown substance in recent weeks.
The cost for the Suns would be a list spot and Martin’s wage – estimated to be $500,000-$700,000 – and the Tigers would receive nothing.
Martin, 33, played his final game for the Tigers on August 3 and announced his retirement two days later.
Dustin Martin and Damien Hardwick after Martin’s round 24 Richmond farewell. Picture: Michael Klein

Dustin Martin and Damien Hardwick after Martin’s round 24 Richmond farewell. Picture: Michael Klein
It’s believed Martin has spent recent weeks weighing up whether he has the motivation to continue playing.
It’s also believed Martin has dropped several kilograms in weight in preparation for pre-season training.
The AFL would welcome the three-time Norm Smith medallist to Suns but Martin would likely miss out on any AFL ambassador money.

Despite his national profile and popularity with kids, it’s believed the AFL would be reluctant to pay Martin a Gary Ablett-type salary to promote the game in Queensland.
An ambassadorial package would require Martin to be available to all media to help promote the game and be open to various school and promotional visits.
His refusal to speak to the AFL media for the past decade would count against Martin if he was to pursue an ambassador’s role.
Martin played 302 games for the Tigers, including the 2017, 2019-20 premierships.

It is going to be hilarious if Dusty has also pulled the pin on his time at Richmond mid-season to go have a holiday before coming back to sign with the Suns.
Is it possible for Richmond fans hate us even more?

They have melted all year, bit of a one sided rivalry atm

It seems a long long long time ago in a faraway Universe when they were just stripping away our high end talent for shits and giggles
We now know Dusty that most enigmatic of fellows was coasting around in 3rd gear for the Tigs for half a season keeping his body together for the Big Show on Nerang Broadbeach Rd in 25/26
Hodge Mk2 incoming

A fit and motivated Dusty for free and then pick 20 for Rioli, Tigs fans would have a conniption

IMG_3691.gif

Above is an actual photo of me

I think you definitely have to be okay with pick six going as part of the Rioli deal now, even if Martin is technically free. It's fine by me.
Small price to pay considering Dusty was allegely keen last year at $1.4mil and a first.

Now $500-700k and for free and was doing cardio half the year

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back