2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Another reason not to sell the bank to get Rioli in the door
I can't wait for trade period to start. All I care about is who will you blame, Dimma or Cameron when we will deliver pick 6 on a platter 😂

I promise, playing finals will make you feel better. Actually, all or us will go crazy.

Eh? Do you mean just wait for Zeke?
Yes, if he’s that good, just take Noble and sell 6 to the highest bidder
Noble, Powell, Weller, 🍋, Bodhi and Zeke. Surely that’s enough

Last edited:
If we don't get some senior help in the door asap we arent going to improve lol
That's exactly why Dimma wants to bring in experienced guys like Rioli, Noble, Himmelberg and potentially even Dusty. He's obviously identified that even though our list full of talent, our age demographic is too young and if we bring in more experience then we should be able to win more games + play finals. GWS did it with guys like Griffen, Shaw, Mumford, Deledio etc and it worked. Brisbane did it with guys like Neale, Cameron, Adams, McCarthy, Hodge etc and it worked. Now it's our turn.

I'd rather recruit both and let Zeke naturally replace Rioli over the next few years. The age difference is a perfect match for a natural transition over 3-5 years. Keep in mind that Rioli can also play more than one position.

That's exactly why Dimma wants to bring in experienced guys like Rioli, Noble, Himmelberg and potentially even Dusty. He's obviously identified that even though our list full of talent, our age demographic is too young and if we bring in more experience then we should be able to win more games + play finals. GWS did it with guys like Griffen, Shaw, Mumford, Deledio etc and it worked. Brisbane did it with guys like Neale, Cameron, Adams, McCarthy, Hodge etc and it worked. Now it's our turn.
Pitty, we did not play finals, as we would be probably able to bring in bigger fish.

I would lower expectation on Himmelberg who is just depth. Day would be probably as good if not better :)

I now like the idea Dusty looking after Humphrey and serve as his advisor. Some big tattoos decisions for Humphrey on remaining limbs coming.

Last edited:
I don't think that's likely tbh.

Richmond want picks and GC want Rioli, the deal will get done. I agree 6 is too much, but if Richmond chip in a decent amount of salary (and let's face it they need to pay someone) it's a bit easier to stomach.

Rioli is a known quantity and a much safer bet than Uwland II at this point.

I don't think that's likely tbh.

Richmond want picks and GC want Rioli, the deal will get done. I agree 6 is too much, but if Richmond chip in a decent amount of salary (and let's face it they need to pay someone) it's a bit easier to stomach.

Rioli is a known quantity and a much safer bet than Uwland II at this point.
I can live with 6 for Rioli if they are paying a significant amount of his wage but we are unlikely to hear the details so it will just look like a straight swap which is a horrible deal

Zeke will be a midfielder
Surely he will get the Sheezel/Daicos treatment and start at half back racking up cheapies?

I can live with 6 for Rioli if they are paying a significant amount of his wage but we are unlikely to hear the details so it will just look like a straight swap which is a horrible deal
The trick is to not care what other fans think/say. In the end if it makes the Suns better it's worth it.

Surely he will get the Sheezel/Daicos treatment and start at half back racking up cheapies?

The trick is to not care what other fans think/say. In the end if it makes the Suns better it's worth it.
Probably to start with, he will absolutely be a gun outside mid though. Something we severely lack

for just pick #6 i would highly doubt there would be any wage contribution
He is a contracted player for 3 years and a Richmond name. Any wage contribution would be dealt seperately depending on how much GC want. Could be they dont need any

Surely nobody is suggesting we wait another year to put our hopes on a draftee.

Nah, I say we do both. Get Rioli and Noble. See how they go next year with Powell/Weller. Let them help us immediately.

Then get Uwland as planned the following year. If he is good enough, he will push out a player or force a player into a new position for 2026. He may need time to be at the level (see Rogers, Walter, Read, Humphrey etc.), too. Meanwhile, he has two finals experienced half-backs to learn from.

If it is Pick 6 for Rioli, it’s overs. I’d rather Pick 12 or so. But sometimes a club just won’t budge and you have to pay. He’s contracted. This is why clubs want longer contracts, as they have the power while players get job security.

Also, is it possible we can use Pick 6 to get both (or close to), if Richmond swing us an and pick back? Guess we’ll wait and see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for just pick #6 i would highly doubt there would be any wage contribution
He is a contracted player for 3 years and a Richmond name. Any wage contribution would be dealt seperately depending on how much GC want. Could be they dont need any
IMG_3740.gif
No deal

Weller has never been good off the half back for us, he was a good midfielder and has been good across the half forward playing the zac bailey role but ive never rated him at half back or wing

Weller has never been good off the half back for us, he was a good midfielder and has been good across the half forward playing the zac bailey role but ive never rated him at half back or wing
Damn my memory must be getting bad, Weller was in the midfielder ?

Not taking the piss SoA, I seriously can’t remember him playing Mid or forward for any period

Also, is it possible we can use Pick 6 to get both (or close to), if Richmond swing us an and pick back? Guess we’ll wait and see.
Think you guys have more than enough picks to do both without any swinging
Its Richmond that need the help these days

we are your poor cousins

Think you guys have more than enough picks to do both without any swinging
Its Richmond that need the help these days

we are your poor cousins
Doesn’t have to be a good pick…

Richmond may have more picks than they know what to do with at this rate, right?
Before ACL's? I don't think I'm making this one up
Nah, he played midfield in bursts. Pretty sure. Wouldn’t say it was his main role, but when he was fit he was the speedy mid in bursts who could kick a goal from outside 50.

Doesn’t have to be a good pick…

Richmond may have more picks than they know what to do with at this rate, right?

Nah, he played midfield in bursts. Pretty sure. Wouldn’t say it was his main role, but when he was fit he was the speedy mid in bursts who could kick a goal from outside 50.
The extra picks will go to Brisbane to get their 1st rounder 39,41,47 and 57 & 63 will probably get used to upgrade #29 or traded into 2025
and we will take 7 picks in the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back