2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

what does binary mean?
Binary just means two things or options. In computer coding, it’s a choice between 1 and 0.

They can also be referred to as binary opposites: right/wrong, good/bad, happy/sad, ripped off/fleeced.

Essentially, maybe there are shades of gray in trades, rather than set and locked value that fans are looking for. In the end, it comes down to what each club needs and is willing to spend/give up for that need.

Rioli might be worth more than a top 10 pick to Richmond right now. For example, would we trade Powell for a top 6 pick, if he asked for a trade with time left on his contract. I wouldn’t. Or Flanders if he did the same? Their club value and experience is worth more to me than a new pick to develop.

Others might disagree. Hence it is not a binary or set value of a player. In the end, it’s what clubs believe they are worth (draft or trade) that determines the pick.

Sometimes the hand of a club is forced, and good deals/bad deals are done. It all depends on what is available for trade too. It is not a fair system.

Ashcroft will be bid on 1/2. Lombard MIGHT be before that. At worst it's pick 8, but probably 7.
Right thank you
So I just looked at the history of pick 7

We’ve had it three times

1-Original Bedwetter Pea Heart Caddy
2-The Scrimsook Bedwetter
3-White Line In Men Cubicle Bedwetter Hollands

So….dont be too attached to the pick I say.

Rioli and some money
OR
Rioli and some future points for our local juniors

Will be fine with me

It's really surprising that we don't use this to our advantage more often. The distance between Carrara Stadium and Byron Bay is 95km, which equates to a 65 minute drive. There are plenty of players in the southern states that regularly travel over an hour to get to training every day so it's not like travelling that kind of distance is a foreign concept to AFL footballers. The realistic lifestyle options we can offer on the Gold Coast and in northern NSW really should be used as a carrot that's very appealing for players.
You do realise Jonathon Brown lived and raised his kids in Tally Valley?
Hasnt stopped him pouring it on us from day one
I'd call him a s**tstain of a human but he's really just a skidmark
Charlie Cameron's family is from Tweed
The player's realise they can play for Brisbane and live here
One day we'll get to the point where top notch free agents realise they can play for us and live here
I've often thought of buying a billboard to hang off the Hope Island bridge over the Southbound M1 lanes reading something
"You're from Brisbane.You say you hate us .So piss off home back to your mudhole and stop clogging up our roads and beaches"
I agree with our former Premier
Gold Coast is for Gold Coasters

When Bolton and Baker goes, where is their list at? An absolute shambles. Why would Richmond keep Rioli when you've conceded to 10 goal losses for the next 3 years when Rioli will be 30.
From the responses of the Richmond coackroaches that seem to have infested our Board we can be reassured though that their fine rusted on supporters will continue to turn up in their tens of thousands to support their crap team through thick and thin
This has never happened ever but this time is different

One day we'll get to the point where top notch free agents realise they can play for us and live here
I've often thought of buying a billboard to hang off the Hope Island bridge over the Southbound M1 lanes reading something
"You're from Brisbane.You say you hate us .So piss off home back to your mudhole and stop clogging up our roads and beaches"

Locals only

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes they’re both contracted but the difference is Richmond want to keep Rioli Gold Coast don’t want to keep lukosious
They say they do but if they are rebuilding, picks would be more on their radar than Rioli. Pick 12 is more valuable to them than Rioli currently is. If we only had pick 12 it still would be overs in this upcoming draft. Richmond fans remind me of used car salesman, over selling his value for their own gain. I get it but I think they believe it.

Bloody hell, I live in Brisbane 😂

Of course Richmond want to keep Rioli, he is going to win their B&F and would go close to being their best player. Trading out all your stars and rebuilding through the draft doesn't work very often. Look at North, years of top 8 picks and still garbage. No guarantee a draft pick will be the level of player Rioli is.
I think Hawthorn have set the standard for a rebuild, rip the bandaid off, quick turnaround

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back