2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like the deal is not gonna be pick six by itself, hopefully that means they are getting them to pay a lot of Riolis wage.
Thats what i have been saying all along
Pick #6 for Rioli would be the deal but the Salary is going to be the extra's and what the suns will need regarding salary cap contribution from Richmond. Im thinking Rioli would be on roughly $800k for the next 3 years and GC will be looking to buy cap space to prevent further issue's down the line with players coming out of contract.

My guess is Richmond will be trying to buy #12 with cap space $500k x 3 years or will do#6 without contribution

3 of top 5 players leaving (Bolton, Baker tied for 5th) 😂 Tigers president not happy.
View attachment 2128577
Good Luck to Daniel Rioli and I wish him all the best and the Suns for the next 5 years
Hope you guys smash it and really do well

Then its our turn again so hurry up ;)

Thats what i have been saying all along
Pick #6 for Rioli would be the deal but the Salary is going to be the extra's and what the suns will need regarding salary cap contribution from Richmond. Im thinking Rioli would be on roughly $800k for the next 3 years and GC will be looking to buy cap space to prevent further issue's down the line with players coming out of contract.

My guess is Richmond will be trying to buy #12 with cap space $500k x 3 years or will do#6 without contribution
12 is a very valuable pick in this draft, it won’t be sold for $500k plus you’ll already be handing over that much and maybe more to get pick 6

I'm hoping it's Rioli + wages or later picks (we have lots of 2/3 rounders for Lombard bid) in exchange for 6 + 12.

Can move a lot of 39, 41, 47, 57 etc over to GCS for points.

I'm hoping it's Rioli + wages or later picks (we have lots of 2/3 rounders for Lombard bid) in exchange for 6 + 12.

6 teams are bidding for pick 12. Suns will get overs for it (F picks probably). IMO, pick 12 will not be part of Rioli trade.

PORT Adelaide footy boss Chris Davies says they will look to play versatile tall Jack Lukosius as a forward next year.

Lukosius, who played both forward and back at Gold Coast in 2024, has requested a trade from the Suns to the Power and Davies says he'll be a key part of their forward line in 2025.

"We are thankful and please that Jack Lukosius wants to come and play for our club," Davies told Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio.
"We see him as a forward, we think we can develop him into a really good forward."

Davies added he expects young forward Ollie Lord to be at the club next year, while he said the club won't trade wantaway pair Dan Houston and Ivan Soldo for anything less than they're worth. - Martin Smith

IMG_3887.gif

I also am hoping, that Rioli changes his mind after winning the BnF at a club with 2 wins and stays and we use pick 6 and 12 to get Heeney, a player worth the price you are laughingly stating here

Davies added he expects young forward Ollie Lord to be at the club next year, while he said the club won't trade wantaway pair Dan Houston and Ivan Soldo for anything less than they're worth. - Martin Smith
Then use that same logic when coughing up for Luko. Can’t have your cake and eat it too Mr Davies

View attachment 2128786

I also am hoping, that Rioli changes his mind after winning the BnF at a club with 2 wins and stays and we use pick 6 and 12 to get Heeney, a player worth the price you are laughingly stating here

Yeah he really stood up in that grand final, didn't he? lol

Will be interesting to re-visit this thread in 2-3 weeks!

Sounds like P6 is guaranteed in the deal :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 teams are bidding for pick 12. Suns will get overs for it (F picks probably). IMO, pick 12 will not be part of Rioli trade.

What's the TPP situation?

Will an early bid be made for Lombard?

If RFC pays $500k of Rioli's wage that would easily cover P12 given you just traded P7 for a similar price to Geelong in the form of Bowes.

What's the TPP situation?

Will an early bid be made for Lombard?

If RFC pays $500k of Rioli's wage that would easily cover P12 given you just traded P7 for a similar price to Geelong in the form of Bowes.
Suns cap is fine.

Lombard is being mocked at around 10 but will likely fall to 15-20 due to being an academy selection.

The trade for Rioli will include pick 6 but will likely involve late picks from Richmond back to the Suns.

Not sure what Gold Coast will give back to Richmond at this point, but it won't be pick 12.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Suns cap is fine.

Lombard is being mocked at around 10 but will likely fall to 15-20 due to being an academy selection.

The trade for Rioli will include pick 6 but will likely involve late picks from Richmond back to the Suns.

Not sure what Gold Coast will give back to Richmond at this point, but it won't be pick 12.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks for a reasonable and polite post.

Will be interested to see how this pans out.

We certainly have significant points to offer and TPP to play with as well.

Agreed that if I was GCS I'd be wanting to keep that P12, but obviously RFC should be trying to get it too.

One thing that's always interested me is that clubs don't see to bid on FS/Academy players to disadvantage other clubs - noticed that? You'd think all clubs should be trying to reduce the entitled club's arsenal by bidding and forcing them to match earlier hmmmm...

Agreed that if I was GCS I'd be wanting to keep that P12, but obviously RFC should be trying to get it too.

One thing that's always interested me is that clubs don't see to bid on FS/Academy players to disadvantage other clubs - noticed that? You'd think all clubs should be trying to reduce the entitled club's arsenal by bidding and forcing them to match earlier hmmmm...
Why don’t you put it to the test?

Bid on Lombard at pick six and let’s see if we match or you end up with a player you didn’t want to pick that far exceeds his value. I dare you I double dare you.

Yeah he really stood up in that grand final, didn't he? lol

Will be interesting to re-visit this thread in 2-3 weeks!

Sounds like P6 is guaranteed in the deal :)
Heeney is a star.

You will get pick 6 and we will get Rioli with half his wage paid. I can live with that. After all pick 6 could be a flop or ask for a trade after 3 straight spoons.

I’ve just read your two posts, one where you laugh at your own joke and then your smarmy comment about Bowes.

Then I’ve noticed your use of the laugh emoji at our board members.

Work on your own politeness and remember where you are.

12 is a very valuable pick in this draft, it won’t be sold for $500k plus you’ll already be handing over that much and maybe more to get pick 6
You dont know that $500k x 3 its extremely valuable in your cap and coule be the difference of keeping or losing a player like Humphreys or Rowell

I think most supporters under value this aspect of trade period
Magpies had to off load Treloar & Grundy due to this squeeze and GC off loaded a #7 to get relief

Go Bid on Levi at 1, bid Lombard at 2, bid on Marshall at 3, Ben Campo at 4, Walsh at 5, Lucas Campo at 6 Then if everyone has matched take Kako at 7

The result would you have a player you don’t want. Missing out on recruits you’ve had meetings with and played vfl for you. And most likely clubs just refusing to deal with Richmond for future years

You dont know that $500k x 3 its extremely valuable in your cap and coule be the difference of keeping or losing a player like Humphreys or Rowell

Magpies had to off load Treloar & Grundy due to this squeeze and GC off loaded a #7 to get relief
More valuable to use 12 to get an extra academy player next year. Better to get Beau Addinsall than have Richmond pay some of Rioli's salary.

Humpa is signed up for another 5 years, Rowell the only significant one not signed up past 2025.

I know you don't agree but I still think 6 alone is way overs for Rioli. Judging by the trade thread, all the neutral fans agree. You should be delighted with just 6.

Humphrey has 4 years left on his deal. We are clearing well over a million in salary cap this year, we arent loaded up in the cap. You guys are creating this narrative that just isn't correct. The club is in a good spot, won't need Richmond to pay **** all. Especially not for pick 12, that will be turned into a pick next year for Zeke.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back