2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

For as much as everyone (including myself) shits on the direction of the club and Craig Cameron etc, look at GWS. Played finals again, and once again are getting a player exodus. Perryman, Peatling, Cumming, all 3 best 22 players. Derksen gone, and Conor Stone possibly on the way out. We are losing 1 best 22 type and only because we are forcing him out. We arent in as bad of a position as we all think. Group is as invested as they can be.

Let’s be honest with the exception of Lukosius we have had 9 players currently leave not best 22…

Fiorini, Atkins aren’t best 22 but good depth… we still have Levi and Ace on the main list too so I don’t think this is panning out to be the worse trade period

Let’s be honest with the exception of Lukosius we have had 9 players currently leave not best 22…

Fiorini, Atkins aren’t best 22 but good depth… we still have Levi and Ace on the main list too so I don’t think this is panning out to be the worse trade period
Its pretty good, our midfield stock are all young. Key positions are sorted, now we are topping up with whats missing.

Next year will be even better Uwland & Addinsall and whatever we got left in the cap.

Its pretty good, our midfield stock are all young. Key positions are sorted, now we are topping up with whats missing.

Next year will be even better Uwland & Addinsall and whatever we got left in the cap.
Collins and Witts are the only 2 aging best 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong Offered peanuts, 16 other clubs out there would give Melbourne something

Contract not that bad, no one else is getting paid there
Contract is absolutely bad, there is a very very good chance Oliver is never the same again. Almost 7 million dollars for a player who is way out of form is crazy.

Contract is absolutely bad, there is a very very good chance Oliver is never the same again. Almost 7 million dollars for a player who is way out of form is crazy.

He can turn it around, still young.

Any club will take the risk of Melbourne if paid half and they got a eariler pick

Expect Clayton Oliver at crown tonight getting snapped at Pokies machine and getting kicked out for drunken disorderly

N getting to Geelong on the cheap

He can turn it around, still young.

Any club will take the risk of Melbourne if paid half and they got a eariler pick
Melbourne can't really afford to give away a high pick though like we did with Bowes, they are about to go through a re-build. They will do well just to get him out the door and not be paying most of this salary.

Apparently Olivers contract is tied to the TPP increase, could be 1.5mil a year soon.

Current betting odds have us finishing 14th and having pick 5 this time next year.
They at least bumped up Geelong. When that market open 2/4 out prelim finalist were outside the top 8 in odds

Just making finals was my 2025 hope when Dew got sacked. Win a final in 2026, We do keep getting younger, but I believe better. Since the academy is taking off. And we don’t have picks 4 inside 20 that go home by 24

Finally got some outside runners, scoreboard hitting forwards the last of the holes imo. Bigs or smalls. I don’t expect Walter or Read take off in year 2

Has anyone heard any progress on Owies? If Dusty isn’t coming, should we target Owies heavily?
If Rosas stays, I see Rosas, Ainsworth and Rogers, Lombard as small forwards.

Bloody Rosas, work hard in the off-season. You got talent.

It seems like 3-4 clubs talked to Owies. Not sure where it is.

Get him a quality mentor, someone like Ben Cousins as a non specific random example

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back