2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure we actually have any interest there, but you never know.

But similar to Collingwood using Noble as part of potential trades, Carlton want our pick 13. So we could negotiate Owies into the trade—plus Carlton have less bargaining power, as he is OoC, so demands would be less than Collingwood’s for Noble.

Still think it a low chance, but at least we have been linked to another B grade player.
I dont think Carlton can have any influence on an OOC player and where they go nor use them as currency

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate Kane Cornes but he is right. If we give up pick 6 in a super draft for a 27 year old HBF in Rioli (from Richmond the worst team in the AFL by the way) then the AFL needs to step in. This club is run by idiots of the rumour is true

Our club is a mess. Just look at the Weller and Bowes trades. Unreal.

Here’s a tip: trade in good players. Recruit good players. Stop giving away high draft picks. It’s not that f***ing hard
'trade in good players' and 'stop giving away high draft picks' don't really work in tandem.

We shit the bed giving Geelong 7 and Bowes, 2 for Weller etc. but you have to give something to get something and with Rioli being under contract Richmond really do hold the cards

Our club is a mess. Just look at the Weller and Bowes trades. Unreal.

Here’s a tip: trade in good players. Recruit good players. Stop giving away high draft picks. It’s not that f***ing hard
Easy to say when every A grader wants away and no A grader wants in
It becomes a vicious cycle of overpaying B graders with a list full of B graders then having cap pressure meaning you have to do ridiculous things
Also blaming the list managers for Lyons Wright Scrimshaw and Hollands isn't completely understanding the background there but not being a trades guy I never understood why those players weren't shopped around
Again it comes back to the players having too much power
If Hawthorn says "all we've got is a 3rd rounder" for Scrimshaw and Freo has a 2nd rounder what happens then knowing he was always going to Hawthorn the day he was traded to us
Selecting Scrimshaw in the first place was the real list management mistake

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back