2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, we will be fine and points will come from Rioli deal.

At the moment, pick 10 bid is 1395 points.

We got 6, 24, 42, 60, 78.

42 + 60 is 541 points.

We still need 854 points for pick 10 bid.
20% rule still right, plus I’m guessing it’ll be pick 15 bid. Which would be PA’s 13 we gave them.

All picks behind Brisbane and Essedon’s fodder will climb up as well

Yes, we will be fine and points will come from Rioli deal.

At the moment, pick 10 bid is 1395 points. After 20% discount 1116.

We got 6, 24, 42, 60, 78.

42 + 60 is 541 points.

We still need 575 points for pick 10 bid.
If I’ve kept track correctly, we’ll have:

39, 41, 51, 61 (last two from Richmond)

1252 Points total.

Once Ashcroft is bid on, all those picks will come in. Which looking at Brisbane’s hand, they should come into:
37, 39, 47, 57

1427 points total.

So with the 20% discount, we can match from pick 6 (1401 needed there).

Ideally we get another pick from Richmond to cover pick 4 and 5

1252 Points total.

Once Ashcroft is bid on, all those picks will come in. Which looking at Brisbane’s hand, they should come into:
37, 39, 47, 56

1427 points total.

Posts like this make BF very valuable.
Thank you.

1252 Points total.

37, 39, 47, 56

1427 points total.

Well you certainly wont be bid on #6
Ashcroft bid will come in between 2-3 pushing pick #6 to pick #7 and Richmond wont bid due to trading partner agreements
so earliest will be pick #8

Gained a Noble man and lost a Rat. Chalking it as a W.

Luko was one I loved but he never really rounded out the weaknesses in his game. Good luck at Port mate, hope you continue to shirk contests when we play poo-rt.

Well you certainly wont be bid on #6
Ashcroft bid will come in between 2-3 pushing pick #6 to pick #7 and Richmond wont bid due to trading partner agreements
so earliest will be pick #8
If you got us one more pick around 50, we’d be able to match from Pick 4 and be completely safe. Theres a small chance Adelaide bid at what will be pick #5.

Heck even if you got Freo’s 67 from the Bolton trade and gave it to us that covers pick 5 for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised the MEGA TRADE went through after we really seriously threatened to trade pick 13 elsewhere. :rolleyes: Not a bad deal, although I do worry Cameron has greatly overvalued John Noble.

But yes, would be nice if tomorrow’s Rioli trade is the final crescendo on an absolutely traumatic performance that was Cameron’s tenure as our list boss. Would be an apt ending. He can take whoever his boss is that has enabled year after year of these performances with 0 internal scrutiny as well.

But we all this won’t happen.

Surprised the MEGA TRADE went through after we really seriously threatened to trade pick 13 elsewhere. :rolleyes: Not a bad deal, although I do worry Cameron has greatly overvalued John Noble.

But yes, would be nice if tomorrow’s Rioli trade is the final crescendo on an absolutely traumatic performance that was Cameron’s tenure as our list boss. Would be an apt ending. He can take whoever his boss is that has enabled year after year of these performances with 0 internal scrutiny as well.

But we all this won’t happen.
Reckon this Noble/Luko deal is fine. The Rioli one is way too much. Wait for the details I guess but with no salary Cameron has done poorly, every man and his dog knows Richmond would have blinked and taken 6.

The latter part of this deal is irrelevant.

[emoji6] is overs. So be it.

The rest is all points so it’s a fugazi

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

hidden video of our list manager in negotiations

Episode 9 Gil Gunderson GIF by The Simpsons

(he's the one on the right)

I will say though, I am interested to see how the change in points value next year impacts the value of the 2025 picks.

Potentially ALOT of players in the first couple of rounds already tied to a club, so a lot of teams are going to need points and won’t be able to just ship a middling pick out for a heap of scrap points anymore, especially if a bid comes early.

I think the death riding of Cameron is a bit over dramatic. Hes not exactly had the easiest job or the most normal circumstances to work under. Also done quite well with draft picks pre the academy boon.

I see and get the qualms but I feel like I understand the deeper reasons. Maybe I'm delusional. Rather be insane than miserable though. Super stoked to come out of this period with Rioli, Noble, Himmelberg (free Sam Day upgrade), 2x additional F1 picks and no Rory Atkins + Lombard secured.

Last edited:
If you got us one more pick around 50, we’d be able to match from Pick 4 and be completely safe. Theres a small chance Adelaide bid at what will be pick #5.

Heck even if you got Freo’s 67 from the Bolton trade and gave it to us that covers pick 5 for us.
You wont need it

Im pretty sure if the gap is under 150 points or something like that it just gets written off
well thats what i remember anyway

Fos , Jagga , Lalor , Ashcroft , Draper should all be top 5 specially when teams know the suns have the points

I think the death riding of Cameron is a bit over dramatic. Hes not exactly had the easiest job or the most normal circumstances to work under. Also done quite well with draft picks pre the academy boon.

I see and get the qualms but I feel like I understand the deeper reasons. Maybe I'm delusional. Rather be insane than miserable though. Super stoked to come out of this period with Rioli, Noble, Himmelberg (free Sam Day upgrade), 2x additional F1 picks and no Rory Atkins + Lombard secured.
This could be the most thought out and accurate post on out board since Skav

Kinda ironic, considering it’s probably the same human posting it!

Will wait until the actual deal is official, however, if we leave with Rioli, Noble, Lombard in the draft, while also having 3 future firsts (including ours next year), and clearing out over $1m a year in salary cap from players Dimma didn't fancy, I would say we have had a decent outing.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back