2024/25 Championship, Lower, Non-League & EFL Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't change a team's colours. It was brought in in response to Cardiff, with the name/crest/etc. brought in in response to our name change debacle.
Oh right, I doubt they would've though? A white shirt is perfect to slap a giant red bull logo onto anyway.

Hard to see how you think there’s no chance. 49ers will sell eventually when/if Leeds are valued high enough to make them a good profit, and RB will already have a small stake in Leeds with a history of taking over clubs.

Why would they sell? Have they sold the 49ers? Could probably make a great profit there. I think they're in the sports business - they're not a Radrizzani type.

We've seen what happens when previous owners tried to change the badge. Try and change the club name to RB anything and the city would burn. As others have stated though, there is already precendent against owners trying that shit.

Why would they sell? Have they sold the 49ers? Could probably make a great profit there. I think they're in the sports business - they're not a Radrizzani type.

We've seen what happens when previous owners tried to change the badge. Try and change the club name to RB anything and the city would burn. As others have stated though, there is already precendent against owners trying that shit.
Guess we’ll see, I’m pretty confident in believing red Bull don’t want to just have a minority stake in an English club indefinitely.

Former Carlisle United Chairman Andrew Jenkins passed away this morning, he was 87. He joined the Carlisle United board in 1959 as a 23 year old and was Chairman from the mid 1990's until November 2023 when the Piatak family took over the club.

Former Carlisle chairman Jenkins dies, aged 87

My condolences go to his family and friends and thank him for his 64 years of service to the best club in England, the Carlisle United Football Club.

RIP Andrew.

EDIT: Local reporter Jon Coleman wrote a wonderful piece on the legacy of Andrew Jenkins and his 64 years of service to the Carlisle United Football Club. It's a great read for all Carlisle supporters, but maybe one or two others may find it interesting.

Andrew Jenkins' loyalty a lifelong gift to Carlisle United

Last edited:
I was impressed with Stevenage last season, this season may be more of a struggle for us, but with luck we can consolidate and get a decent mid-table finish. New manager, some new faces, it will be intriguing to see if Alex Revell can bring about a more adventurous style of play than his predecessor, or will he go with what helped get Stevenage so far up the L1 table last time out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The season kind of snuck up on me with the Olympics still going. Coventry off to their usual dismal start with a lacklustre 0-1 away defeat to Stoke. Next up, home to giant-killers Oxford United.

Rooney has never come across as a guy that's willing to put his blood, sweat and everything he's got into a managerial gig

Rooney has never come across as a guy that's willing to put his blood, sweat and everything he's got into a managerial gig

Hm not sure on that, I remember stories of him sleeping at the Derby training ground while they were battling to stay up because he was putting everything into it. Even him taking a job like Plymouth instead of going into the media or trying to get some soft PL job shows he's willing to get his hands dirty.

He slept in his office overnight when he was managing Derby.

I think it's his tactical nous that just seems to be sorely lacking.

He slept in his office overnight when he was managing Derby.

I think it's his tactical nous that just seems to be sorely lacking.

Yeah I've long said Rosenior was the brains behind him at Derby and think in the fullness of time that's been proven correct.

Not sure what Plymouth were thinking other than the publicity bringing in crowds. Won 14 games from 53 in the US after diabolical 2 wins from 15 at Birmingham. Rooney took the because after US failure other than a Middle East league this is last chance

Not sure what Plymouth were thinking other than the publicity bringing in crowds. Won 14 games from 53 in the US after diabolical 2 wins from 15 at Birmingham. Rooney took the because after US failure other than a Middle East league this is last chance
I think you've hit the nail on the head. It's all about exposure and they'll all of a sudden get a fair bit of it.

I would hope they give him a while before completely turning on him.

Nah Wayne Rooney seems like a genuine dude. I think of that mega tackle and assist he put in at DC United (and then of course getting no adulation and just clapping to himself down the pitch...) and the stories of how he'd spend a heap of his own money to keep things ticking at Derby.

I'm just surprised and still am that he's gone into management. I never got that vibe from him at all. a little bit different but he's like Harry Kewell – they always seemed to hate a post-match interview, so how are they going to express anything and transfer emotion into players?

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/25 Championship, Lower, Non-League & EFL Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back