Women's Footy 2024 AFC AFLW Pre-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a fan I have to say.
Agree this whole ‘W’ branding is just stupid and reeks of some marketing guru trying to forcibly move it away from the AFL market and seek some fanciful ‘new’ audience, basically the opposite of what the NRL has done with their women’s competition and is one of the main reasons that competition has made more powerful strides forward when compared to AFLW in recent years.

I mean I’ve been annoyed about the competitions branding ever since they took the AFL logo off the guernseys & made them look like Bali knock-off guernseys and disconnected from the AFL.

IMG_3666.jpeg

Lol at Starcevich doing his usual "nobody rates us, we're the underdogs again" shtick, when literally eight of the AFLW captains nominated Brisbane as the most likely team to make this year's grand final, and eight captains also nominated them to win the minor premiership.

https://www.afl.com.au/aflw/news/12...-coach-craig-starcevich-is-a-little-bit-angry

"They've canvassed people across the League, and none have us winning it again," Starcevich said on Thursday.

"It's the same old, same old.

Just straight-up lying about what has been said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy 2024 AFC AFLW Pre-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back