Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

The question was about a Giants home final. 21k at Showgrounds, locking 50k out would be ridiculous. The whole point of the Giants is to grow the game west of Sydney.
Fair point. I don’t honestly know what happens if we host the Swans. We would be losing home ground advantage (even though they beat us at Giants Stadium this year) though. I assume AFL would take your view, as that is consistent with their view on Geelong playing MCG in the finals against the bigger Melbourne clubs?

Let’s not forget that in Round 1 2022 GWS hosted the Swans at Stadium Australia, which the AFL scheduled in anticipation of Buddy kicking his 1,000th goal.

Whilst it only drew 25,572 it shows that an AFL game has been played there recently.

It’s also interesting that Swans and GWS have met in finals 3 times in a decade, when Freo and WCE have never met in finals after 3 decades.

Let’s not forget that in Round 1 2022 GWS hosted the Swans at Stadium Australia, which the AFL scheduled in anticipation of Buddy kicking his 1,000th goal.

Whilst it only drew 25,572 it shows that an AFL game has been played there recently.

It’s also interesting that Swans and GWS have met in finals 3 times in a decade, when Freo and WCE have never met in finals after 3 decades.
And Port and Adelaide have only met once in a final

I’m hoping for 50k for Collingwood vs Brisbane this Saturday but with Collingwood having not much to play for it could be poor. This one could land anywhere between 42-55k

That crowd was disappointing, but still 5k over Showgrounds. They should play Giants v Swans there every Easter. Make an event of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon’s attendance rates have been so resilient for 20 years. I can see a massive drop off from next season. I am fed up…I’m sure thousands of other fans are as well.

That crowd was disappointing, but still 5k over Showgrounds. They should play Giants v Swans there every Easter. Make an event of it.
Nah Stadium Australia has lost its event feel. Used to be hype around going there around the turn of the century when it was built and for several years after, but not anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back