Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

No need for a new oval stadium up there though, let's put some more money into Suncorp and a temporary athletics stadium. Even selling out against smaller clubs like the giants now is big for qld footy. It's a great sign (along with 3/4 as many auskick participants now as in Victoria).

Suncorp is of the same vintage as parts of the Gabba - some parts are older, and the Broncos do quite well crowd wise. The athletics thing is a joke though.

Suncorp is of the same vintage as parts of the Gabba - some parts are older, and the Broncos do quite well crowd wise. The athletics thing is a joke though.

It might be, but everybody says Suncorp is the best rectangular stadium in Australia still, the gabba won't be in the top 5 oval stadiums in the country once tassie is built.

I also read that the fans don't really care for a Suncorp upgrade, because 60k will have less atmosphere, especially for dolphins games.

Anyhow, let's not pretend the Suncorp upgrade 'for the opening ceremony' and to give rugby league even more tax dollars for stadia, wasn't an intentional way to scuttle the lions/AFL getting a new stadium to match the games growing popularity in QLD .

It might be, but everybody says Suncorp is the best rectangular stadium in Australia still, the gabba won't be in the top 5 oval stadiums in the country once tassie is built.

I also read that the fans don't really care for a Suncorp upgrade, because 60k will have less atmosphere, especially for dolphins games.

Anyhow, let's not pretend the Suncorp upgrade 'for the opening ceremony' and to give rugby league even more tax dollars for stadia, wasn't an intentional way to scuttle the lions/AFL getting a new stadium to match the games growing popularity in QLD .
If you can call Kardinia Park an oval, it wouldn't be the top 5 now

No need for a new oval stadium up there though, let's put some more money into Suncorp and a temporary athletics stadium. Even selling out against smaller clubs like the giants now is big for qld footy. It's a great sign (along with 3/4 as many auskick participants now as in Victoria).
100%.. But the government has an election to play around with, and lose!

GWS home and away, away team sellouts (excl vs Sydney) ? This is all my possibilities

2016 vs. Adelaide
2012 vs. North at Bellereive
2023 vs. Carlton at Docklands
2024 vs. Essendon at Docklands
2017 vs. Geelong at Kardinia
2018/19 vs. West Coast at Perth Staidum
2015 vs. Fremantle/West Coast at Subiaco

2024 vs. Brisbane at Gabba (confirmed)

Any of these not sellouts?

GWS home and away, away team sellouts (excl vs Sydney) ? This is all my possibilities

2016 vs. Adelaide
2012 vs. North at Bellereive
2023 vs. Carlton at Docklands
2024 vs. Essendon at Docklands
2017 vs. Geelong at Kardinia
2018/19 vs. West Coast at Perth Staidum
2015 vs. Fremantle/West Coast at Subiaco

2024 vs. Brisbane at Gabba (confirmed)

Any of these not sellouts?
37k v WCE in 2017 means it might’ve sold out.

With 37,854 in attendance tonight, the Swans are headed for a record season attendance, averaging 38,374 for the season with a game against Adelaide at the SCG in two weeks time on Saturday night still to come. (Any crowd over 10,270 will set a new season record.)This record has stood since 1997.

For the folks playing at home, this year marks the 30th year ina row where the Swans have outdrawn the professional rugby league clubs in Sydney (excluding COVID where Souths pipped the Swans in 2020). Newcastle outdrew the Swans in 1995, no Sydney side has outdrawn the Swans since 1994 (COVID aside)

This includes 14 years where the Swans outdrew every NRL team by average, including the Broncos (from 1996-2007, 2018, 2019). In 2 of those years, the Lions outdrew the Swans (2000, 2002)

1723211373287.png

Last edited:
With the Titans drawing 13,287 tonight, their season sits at an average of 17,956 with a game to come v the Roosters on Sunday in Round 25. That match will need to draw 36,920 to beat the 2023 average. It will also need to be held somewhere else as Robina only holds 27,690.This will still be their second highest season home average since 2010.

Side note - the Suns also have one game remaining at home v Melbourneand average 17,406 at Carrara this season - the closest the two teams have come on the Coast since 2019.

1723215896389.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you can call Kardinia Park an oval, it wouldn't be the top 5 now
It isn't in the top 5 now, and neither is KP.

MCG
Adelaide Oval
Marvel
Optus Stadium
SCG

With the Titans drawing 13,287 tonight, their season sits at an average of 17,956 with a game to come v the Roosters on Sunday in Round 25. That match will need to draw 36,920 to beat the 2023 average. It will also need to be held somewhere else as Robina only holds 27,690.This will still be their second highest season home average since 2010.

Side note - the Suns also have one game remaining at home v Melbourneand average 17,406 at Carrara this season - the closest the two teams have come on the Coast since 2019.

View attachment 2073633
It should be noted that the Titans' averages listed here are inflated by playing "home" matches at Lang Park on triple header days during Magic Round.

The Suns are ahead of the Titans this year on the GC with the latter averaging 15,933.

The predicted crowd for Richmond/Saints must be dire.

Multiple level 1 bays as GA and a partial level 3 closure.

I can’t see it hitting 20k to be honest.
It’s bad enough going to their for home games when they mean something.

Before you start, yes there is nothing wrong with the stadium, it’s just not home.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Before you start, yes there is nothing wrong with the stadium, it’s just not home.

However bad it is, tonight will be worse.

It should be noted that the Titans' averages listed here are inflated by playing "home" matches at Lang Park on triple header days during Magic Round.

The Suns are ahead of the Titans this year on the GC with the latter averaging 15,933.

ah yeah Ill hve to fix that. i just assumed that they wouldnt fixture qld teams at home for some reason.

Last week the Tigers probably had 15-18k at Marvel for an away game. I wouldn’t have thought getting close to 20k Tigers would be an unreasonable expectation? Or is there a Dusty ‘drop off’ which was probably heightened last week?

You’d hope for 25k+ but who knows.

Bombers / Suns sales the slowest comfortably for the year for the Dons. Combo of Saturday night (not family friendly) and fans not reengaged likely factors. One quarter last week hasn’t changed the narrative among fans that the season finished after the Saints loss. It’s all about trust with our mob.

Last week the Tigers probably had 15-18k at Marvel for an away game. I wouldn’t have thought getting close to 20k Tigers would be an unreasonable expectation? Or is there a Dusty ‘drop off’ which was probably heightened last week?
Last week there was a chance of winning, and it was away fans who turn up no matter the circumstances.

This week relies on Richmond fans who checked out months ago, with no chance of winning to see a side who also has checked out, at a ground that isn't our home ground that people are boycotting. We'd get a bigger crowd if it was played in Hobart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back