Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Father son is fine, but there should be a 20% premium, not a 20% discount. The NGA rort is the major concern, along with picks blowing out. Our second selection in 2023 for finishing last was 30.
No there should be no way that a team who makes a GF gets the best player in the draft for random picks.

The northern academies are the biggest concern. Sydney aren’t in the top 8 without theirs. They’ve actually drafted really really poorly with first round picks of late and would be struggling without their academy.

Fans who think their club will become good just because they believe the crap that comp is even is laughable.

No there should be no way that a team who makes a GF gets the best player in the draft for random picks.

The northern academies are the biggest concern. Sydney aren’t in the top 8 without theirs. They’ve actually drafted really really poorly with first round picks of late and would be struggling without their academy.

Fans who think their club will become good just because they believe the crap that comp is even is laughable.
Disagree with F/S. Should be available but made to pay heavily and not for a second do I think the competition is even.

Not only Ashcroft but Marshall can play too...absolute joke, they also get Annable next year
I think people after this year are now realising what I’ve known for years. They clearly know that fans in Vic will automatically follow the game.

They know untapped market in QLD and NSW. If the teams their struggle no one cares, if they’re winning people will watch. It’s a genuine scam. It’s becoming like EPL same teams every year.

Yeah just on marshal. Not sure you are growing the game when the guy lives in Melbourne and plays for the dragons.
Correct and Blakey who’s dad played over 300 games haha. It’s so cringe how they have literally told Heeney every chance he gets to say he wouldn’t have played without the Swans academy.

Yeah just on marshal. Not sure you are growing the game when the guy lives in Melbourne and plays for the dragons.
Boards at school in Melbourne, parents live in Brisbane.

Multiple Brisbane and Suns academy kids have been offered scholarships to APS schools in Melbourne. Marshall is only the second kid to take up the offers.

From the list clearance, the Cats will be active this draft/trade period.

Unsure where the hoard will spent in regards to 'ready to run' players, draft and left field.

Any input would be appreciated.

Jack Henderson.

Boards at school in Melbourne, parents live in Brisbane.

Multiple Brisbane and Suns academy kids have been offered scholarships to APS schools in Melbourne. Marshall is only the second kid to take up the offers.
Yeah so not really growing the game up there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 Richmond Smith
2 Brisbane Ashcroft (bid)
3 North Langford
4 WCE Draper
5 Adelaide O'Sullivan
6 Melbourne Armstrong
7 Tigers Lalor (Rioli sun's)
8 St Kilda Smillie
9 St Kilda Reid (battle comp)
10 Essendon Tauru
11 Richmond Travaglia (Bolton Freo)
12 Suns Lombard (bid)
13 Richmond Berry (Bolton Freo)
14 Carlton Lindsey
15 WCE Trainer (barrass hawks)
16 Essendon Kako (bid)
17 GWS Allen
18 Dogs Hannaford (Smith cats)
19 Richmond Hotton (baker Freo)
20 Swans Shanahan
21 Lions Hynes
22 Lions (bid) Marshall
23 Swans J.Whitlock
24 Suns M Whitlock

Quick Mock draft with mock trades. Im sure everyone has a different list but tell me what you would change.

Good to see the battlers Brisbane get the number 1 pick. Just ensuring the fairness and equality of the competition remains
Essendon can't really complain. They had a F/S win a flag today too.

1 Richmond Smith
3 North Langford
4 WCE Draper
5 Adelaide O'Sullivan
6 Melbourne Armstrong
8 St Kilda Smillie
10 Essendon Tauru
12 Suns Lombard (bid)
14 Carlton Lindsey
16 Essendon Kako (bid)
17 GWS Allen
20 Swans Shanahan
21 Lions Hynes
22 Lions (bid) Marshall
23 Swans J.Whitlock
24 Suns M Whitlock

Quick Mock draft with mock trades. Im sure everyone has a different list but tell me what you would change.

I’d take that Baz for Hannaford deal in a heartbeat

1 Richmond Smith
3 North Langford
4 WCE Draper
5 Adelaide O'Sullivan
6 Melbourne Armstrong
8 St Kilda Smillie
10 Essendon Tauru
12 Suns Lombard (bid)
14 Carlton Lindsey
16 Essendon Kako (bid)
17 GWS Allen
20 Swans Shanahan
21 Lions Hynes
22 Lions (bid) Marshall
23 Swans J.Whitlock
24 Suns M Whitlock

I'm not ITK but Melbourne have taken a key forward with our first pick in 2 of the last 3 drafts (Van Rooyen in 2021, Jefferson in 2022). Jefferson looks like he could be a bust but I'd be surprised if we went 3 from 4, surely we go a mid instead.

1 Richmond Smith
3 North Langford
4 WCE Draper
5 Adelaide O'Sullivan
6 Melbourne Armstrong
8 St Kilda Smillie
10 Essendon Tauru
12 Suns Lombard (bid)
14 Carlton Lindsey
16 Essendon Kako (bid)
17 GWS Allen
20 Swans Shanahan
21 Lions Hynes
22 Lions (bid) Marshall
23 Swans J.Whitlock
24 Suns M Whitlock

just interested to see.....where have brisbane/lions got pick 21 from??

It's there own pick 18 after bids. Because Swans and Sun's traded for north Melbourne's PP so there is an extra 2 picks in the first round this year.
You'll need to learn about bid matching and the points system.

Lions and Suns will lose their late first round picks matching earlier bids. Those picks will get traded to other teams for later picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back